American Idol S20 Judge's Song Contest Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Okay, okay, I've gone over my notes from previous shows, and I gave Fritz very good scores both in Top 24 and in the Top 14 announcement show. So I'll concede that I was overreacting when I said that Tristen's worst was better than Fritz's best. But I didn't like his Top 20 performance, I didn't like his Top 14 performance, and tonight was, I'll repeat it again, horrendous. And the fact that his best performances came earlier, and his most recent one is was his worst, you can understand why I'd feel the way I did. I do have a very short attention span, you know.

Those are my three favourite Fritz performances :haha:

1 minute ago, xfactor22 said:

. I didn’t watch  season 7 live.

Ah, that's a shame; it was very good, first one that I went on forums to talk about.

Had one of my all-time about-faces of opinion, too, so all of you Fritz fans mad at me for my current comments, take note. During the semifinals, I was downright furious about the continued survival of David Cook; by the Top 11, I had conceded that he was actually one of the better contestants remaining, and only the continued survival of my early favorite (against the masses' wishes) kept me from immediately jumping on his bandwagon, which I did as soon as she left.

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ah I see it’s time for my regularly scheduled meltdown about the Syesha Mercado/Carly Smithson bottom two 

Ugh, yes! I don’t wanna offend anyone so I’ll censor it, but the f**dies as VFTW used to call them, weren’t gonna vote for Carly singing JCSS. 😑 I’m sure they didn’t even listen to the lyrics. Such an injustice that Jason and Brooke got further than Carly. 

• Thanks 2

WINNER OF THE NIGHT? TIE. Between Leah and Jay. ❤️

Runner up. Noah. But mainly because he keeps things somewhat interesting with song choices.

JAY. LET'S TALK ALL ABOUT HIM. HOLY CRAP. That was masterclass. Like I was sent straight to the late 1950's doo wop era! God so beautiful. :omg:

Who deserves the boot. Who didn't... AVA SHOULD STILL BE THERE DAMN IT.

On the other hand. WHO IS VOTING FOR MIKE, EMYRSON, AND HUNTERGIRL WE NEED TO TALK. lol jk

• Like 3

Just now, Carrie_On said:

Ugh, yes! I don’t wanna offend anyone so I’ll censor it, but the f**dies as VFTW used to call them, weren’t gonna vote for Carly singing JCSS. 😑 I’m sure they didn’t even listen to the lyrics. Such an injustice that Jason and Brooke got further than Carly. 

JCSS was sf good I still go back to it. Ugh. 

Right, right, we all have to come up with song choices for Disney Week!

...Now I'm even sadder about Tristen's departure, because he's probably a better fit for the new hotness (We Don't Talk About Bruno) than any of the surviving contestants.

Actually, never mind, that's a group song. Forget letting any of the contestants sing that as their performance song; make them all sing it as a group number. It will be magnificent.

Edited by ScarletDevilCCX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Actually, never mind, that's a group song. Forget letting any of the contestants sing that as their performance song; make them all sing it as a group number. It will be magnificent.

That would be an iconic mess that I would be ready to support! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Right, right, we all have to come up with song choices for Disney Week!

...Now I'm even sadder about Tristen's departure, because he's probably a better fit for the new hotness (We Don't Talk About Bruno) than any of the surviving contestants.

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

That would be an iconic mess that I would be ready to support! 

LMAOO yess, this would actually be a lot of fun to see. :haha: The show would be silly to not feature that song in the episode. :haha: 

16 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

That would be iconic. Even if it ends up being worse than the Oscars version, it would be iconic.

loved tonight, the only bad performance was by Emryson. Hunter and Mike and Noah final 3, all country finale. Great song choices for them, Chasing You is one of the best songs Morgan has done and Mike had 3 songs to choose from and i don't blame him at all for picking this song, it's in his wheelhouse, and it fit his voice. For me it's about the music. He wasn't offended, good for him. I wasn't either because i love the song and it's really sad to see that some people only see one issue.  

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, wgm said:

loved tonight, the only bad performance was by Emryson. Hunter and Mike and Noah final 3, all country finale. Great song choices for them, Chasing You is one of the best songs Morgan has done and Mike had 3 songs to choose from and i don't blame him at all for picking this song, it's in his wheelhouse, and it fit his voice. For me it's about the music. He wasn't offended, good for him. I wasn't either because i love the song and it's really sad to see that some people only see one issue.  

lmfao you’re such a joke honestly, well done troll!

• Haha 1

I'm sad that Tristen left. I think if they were going to do their weird judge's song contest and allow someone to be saved, it would have been better used on Tristen. Lady K is a fine singer, but there's just nothing special about her. Tristen stands out. He actually has a good voice. I love his tone. He's entertaining as well. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

I'm sad that Tristen left. I think if they were going to do their weird judge's song contest and allow someone to be saved, it would have been better used on Tristen. Lady K is a fine singer, but there's just nothing special about her. Tristen stands out. He actually has a good voice. I love his tone. He's entertaining as well. 

They probably thought that Tristen already needed saving once, so...they weren't going to save him again (which I agree with)... I honestly wished they sent both of them home...

Edited by kenboy123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

They probably thought that Tristen already needed saving once, so...they weren't going to save him again (which I agree with)... I honestly wished they sent both of them home...

I would have been okay with that too lol

I think Emyrson is extremely underrated...there are only a few contestants left that are actual artists (Fritz, Hunter and Leah) and while I don't think Emyrson is one yet, she certainly has the potential to be, right now she is just a little too green, having said that..I find her voice way more interesting than most of them still there...the other 6 left are just amazing singers, but aren't artists...

1 hour ago, kenboy123 said:

I think Emyrson is extremely underrated...there are only a few contestants left that are actual artists (Fritz, Hunter and Leah) and while I don't think Emyrson is one yet, she certainly has the potential to be, right now she is just a little too green, having said that..I find her voice way more interesting than most of them still there...the other 6 left are just amazing singers, but aren't artists...

She's really good at low notes, but her belt/higher register is so strained, it's just unpleasant. I think everybody hears the same thing. It's been like that since her audition. 

1 hour ago, kenboy123 said:

Yeah, I think that was the reason, and it was fair even though Lady K didn't deserve it based on her performance tonight, I wouldn't want someone getting saved twice.

4 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Yeah, I think that was the reason, and it was fair even though Lady K didn't deserve it based on her performance tonight, I wouldn't want someone getting saved twice.

I don't think anyone else should have been saved at this point. As much as I didn't want Tristen to leave, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jarmon said:

lmfao you’re such a joke honestly, well done troll! personal attacks, should i be offended, nope. I think I will let the moderators do whatever they want

This was such a fun theme!  I like the fact that the contestant had to choose which judge chose their song. In first half, a 

I enjoyed nicolinas performance the most and thought Tristens was just a mess.  Thank goodness Lady K was saved over him.

I like Adele’s to make you feel my love than the original.  Lea Micheles is good too 

I also feel that hunter girl is being shoved down our throats.

by the way, when could Canadians go on the show? I must’ve missed that part