• Thunderstorm Artis - Preach
    • Matthew Johnson - Ordinary people
    • DeAndre Johnson - Ordinary people
    • Kelvin Jarvis - A good night
    • Deandre nico - all of me
    • Ricky Braddy - So high
    • India Carney - glory
    • Josh Kaufman - all of me

Theres been a few John Legend covers, and most of them have been pretty good. But who do you think did the best John Legend cover on the show?

Let me know if I've missed any notable John Legend covers, and if you would have voted for a cover not on here, don't vote! I only remember the ones from the most recent season or easy to find by search

Victor Solomon - Glory

Only John legend cover to make the man himself turn (I think) and the only 4 chair turn covering a John legend song. Definitely one of the best.

Rose Short - Preach

Only female singer on the voice to cover John legend I think, and she did a fantastic job. Added more power to the song and imo gave it a more emotional impact.. Definitely an underrated performance imo.

Matthew Johnson - Ordinary People

This was his best performance imo, and was the best of that night.. was definitely underappreciated imo. Love his warm tone and infectious, bubbly personality. 

DeAndre Nico - Ordinary people

He did very good here. But I prefer Matthew's version

Kalvin Jarvis - a good night

Fun performance!

Thunderstorm Artis - Preach

I think this was decent, more faithful to the original. But I do prefer Rose Short's version. 

Deandre nico - all of me

Surprised this hasn't been sung more on the show. This was very good, especially for an instant save.

Ricky Braddy - so high

India Carney - glory

Josh Kaufman- all of me 

Edited by Hsamid

16 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Victor Solomon - Glory

Only John legend cover to make the man himself turn (I think) and the only 4 chair turn covering a John legend song. Definitely one of the best.

Victor wasnt a 4 Chair Turn, he was 3. 

• Like 1

As a whole Kalvin, Rose and Victor are the only ones that have auditioned with a song of his. TStorm was kicked out of his team after performing it so I´d assume that would count as John not turning if it were a blind audition. Victor was the only one that got him to turn.

The others that were in front of him (Matthew and Ricky) were not on his team. He gave Ricky a standing O, though, maybe he would have turned, we don´t know. 

I will say S17/S18 John is different from S19-S21 John. He stopped being picky and now turns quickly if he likes what he hears. Perhaps he would have turned for Rose had she auditioned in these recent seasons.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, MateusSa said:

This are the one that cover John Legend in seasons that he was coach

India Carney from S8 did Glory at Top6

Never heard this before, but this is pretty good! Still prefer Victor's version. But I'll add it to the poll

Another tough one. Rose, Ricky and Victor all did it perfectly. Glory is my favorite song out of the three so I give the edge to Victor (I didn’t like his run at all so this is a surprise)

Glory is one of India’s better performances but like with the rest of her live run, her vibrato was way too much for me. It’s a shame because I love her tone but she barely got to showcase it.

• Like 1

I already gave my vote, but I think from a creative standpoint, Thunderstorm clears that area, since it´s an acoustic arrangement just accompained with cajon and a keyboard. It´s easily my favorite arrangement of any Legend song on the show.

That being said, the fact that he apparently messed up in real life and that was edited out by TPTB to protect him kinda hinders my enjoyment of the performance.

Edited by Misirlou

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I already gave my vote, but I think from a creative standpoint, Thunderstorm clears that area, since it´s an acoustic arrangement just accompained with cajon and a keyboard. It´s easily my favorite arrangement of any Legend song on the show.

That being said, the fact that he apparently messed up in real life and that was edited out by TPTB to protect him kinda hinders my enjoyment of the performance.

Unless it's somehow been verified, or from a reputable source. I'm not sure it's fair to hold that against the performance. We've seen many spoilers be wrong before. 

At this point in time it's just hearsay.

5 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Unless it's somehow been verified, or from a reputable source. I'm not sure it's fair to hold that against the performance. We've seen many spoilers be wrong before. 

At this point in time it's just hearsay.

I believe there were multiple sources that confirmed it, but you're probably right, I wasn't there.

I'll continue to appreciate it for what it is, which is a really good arrangement.

• Like 1