SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

DREW MCONIE

VRMjesFH_400x400.jpg

Elliott's cutting the sole Broadway tapper from a season? Plot twist. But Drew is a dancer from the UK show, and I didn't enjoy his run, so there's that. He placed eighth in the first series, and while I think he lasted too long, I can't even remember who he outlasted that he should have. I remember the UK1 finale's sole season reprise (lol because their finale was 30 minutes) was his and Haley (????)'s routine to Lady Gaga's Speechless. Seeing as how I didn't care for that song, it should come as no surprise I didn't care for the routine. Anyway bye.

OMG I WAS LOOKING HIM UP ON GOOGLE FOR A PHOTO SO DEREK DOESN'T KILL ME AND HE GOT HOT AND APPARENTLY HE IS GAY? smh I'm a flop homosexual.

SAVE: OG rankdown Top 20 finalist and current American Horror Story star Nico Greetham ❤️

CHOREO: Chelsea Hough

• Like 1

Joey Arrigo

Like the American version of the show, the Canadian version was really good at finding that brand of white gay contemporary men that just did nothing for me. Joey was on the fourth Canadian season and somehow made the Top 12. I legit remember nothing about his run, so off to Wikipedia. So apparently in Week 1 he danced with eventually winner Jordan Clark. They did a Stacey Tookey contemporary. I’m sure it was fine. Then in Week 2 they did a Jazz to “That’s Life”. Oh okay I remember this now. I liked Jordan in both of those routines but Joey was just there. In Week 3, they switched partners and he danced ANOTHER contemporary routine, this time by Mandy Moore to “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” with eventual Runner Up Melissa Mitro. Man, these poor talented women getting shafted with fodder men. Probably why he was safe the first three weeks though, because the next week he danced a Salsa with Denitsa and both of them landed in the bottom. He was saved though over Kevin Howe, another random fodder white gay male. Then, in Week 5 he danced ANOTHER contemporary (that’s four lyrical routines in five weeks) with Geisha Chin and landed in the bottom. Then finally, at the Top 12, he was eliminated after dancing Afro Jazz with Geisha again. There, that’s his wholly unmemorable run on the show so cutting him here is no big loss. Apparently he’s now starring in some Cirque Du Soleil production so. Good for him.

Edited by sublymonal

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 2 - Megan's turn)

Musa Cooper

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval

Ashley Rich

Iveta Lukosiute

Cole Horibe

Kaylee "Impavido" Millis

Ivan Paulovich 

Anna-Alicia Sklias

Juvat Westendorp

Kalila Hermant

Arno Brys

Delano Spenrath

Gill Requiere

Michal Pawlowski

Anna Andrzejewska

Edited by FrogLenzen

Kaylee Mills

MV5BNmU4NDk4YTEtZGI5OC00OGQ5LTkxZmItNTlj

Sorry Kaylee, I tried to cut an international unknown but I could not find enough information on her to do an actual writeup, so you get the boot here :( Kaylee was on season 14 and made it all the way to 5th place! Her style was contemporary fusion and she had Cyrus as her all star mentor. I am not sure what contemporary fusion is, but that is what she decided her home style was. Anyways, I did not have a connection to her, so out she goes as she is has the least connection with me out of the remaining dancers that I know. We are going to have too many international dancers in the latter rounds where some of us will not have much to say about them lolol

Save Cole

Choreo Arno

• Sad 1

Derek Watches NL4

Top 18

• Laura/Jeffrey - Hip Hop - Titanium: Not a great start to the season lol. So much was unison and it wasn’t together. The breakdown didn’t do anything, the running around at the end was dumb, the jumping was off, the ending was awkward...
  • Marissa/Michiel - Jazz - Everything: this was such a nothing piece. I feel like she has potential but this did nothing for either of them
  • Celine/Gianni - Jive - Don’t Stop Me Now: they made this look… very very difficult lol
  • Karen/Christiaan - Modern - Somebody That I Used To Know: I didn’t hate this. They could have used another day and I’m not convinced Karen has great technique but it kept my attention
  • Nina/Anthony - Disco - Moves Like Jagger: intro way too long and kiss way too unnecessary. But otherwise cute.
  • Stephanie/Meysam - Lyrical Hip Hop - No Air: another kiss lol. Can’t help but think of Katua but this was good. She needed to tie her hair back because she was a little too into hairography
  • Sandrine/William - Modern - De Waarheid: OOP rehearsal drama. Got me running to Google translate. oh, actually she has really nice lines. He could be anyone
  • Rebecca/Sedrig - Hip Hop - Party Rock Anthem: meh they got through it. She is way too presentational. her face was glued front the entire time, makes it loose the groove and the chemistry. Oh whoops, Dan liked this for some reason
  • Anna/Juvat - Tango - Vuelo Al Sur: umm okay Dan loved this too. This was fine. A little unstable and tentative. The piece didn’t really have any progression
  • Group - Contemporary Hip Hop? - Heartbeat: omg WHAT? A good group routine on NL???? I’m in shock I can’t believe it. I think I liked this better than all the duets.
  • DFYL
    • Sandrine: I don’t hate her but this needed a lot more energy since it’s a DFYL
    • William: um excuse me wtf is this mess bye
    • Rebecca: again, kind of dull for a DFYL but not bad
    • Sedrig: that’s a keeper
    • Laura: is she a better dancer than the other girls? idk but this was the better solo
    • Jeffrey: oh this was fun to watch
  • Eliminated
    • Sandrine: oop they saved Rebecca first. I think Sandrine is more interesting. Oh well
    • Jeffrey: William was right there. questionable

Top 16

• NOTE: some of these people need to be arrested for their intro
  • Marissa/Michiel - Cha Cha - Rain Over Me: they put the right out of energy/performance into this but it was kind of on the edge of disaster. Aww Dan is being mean to this guy
  • Karen/Christiaan - Disco - September: lol why is he wearing sneakers? this was awkward and scary
  • Rebecca/Sedrig - Modern - Marry You: passable
  • Celine/Gianni - Hip Hop - Stronger: she tried but she was in way over her head
  • Anna/Juvat - Modern - The Lonely: I’m not yet impressed with them individually but this was EASILY the best duet of the season so far. Awesome
  • Nina/Anthony - Lyrical Hip Hop - Not Over You: aww they’re cute. they can stay. good song helps
  • Laura/William - Slowfox - Got You Under My Skin: why is she sitting in a regular-ass office chair in her ballgown. I’m mad that this was actually okay because I want to get rid of him lol
  • Stephanie/Meysam - Jazz - For Bitter Or Worse: okay, I’m not mad at that at all
  • Group - Save the World: William stop it. Okay we’re back to the usual wack group routine lol. I think the choreographer was just horny or something
  • DFYL
    • Karen: good effort. she can stay
    • Christiaan: good effort
    • Rebecca: meh
    • Sedrig: work!!
    • Marissa: I can’t tell if her wrists are distracting or interesting. but this was good enough to stay
    • Michiel: he tried
  • Eliminated
    • Rebecca: not mad about it
    • Michiel: sorry bro, not surviving against those other guys
  • Like 1

Juvat Westendorp

obyuNnY.png

Omg I get to cut Juvat this time around :wub: I remember Juvat lasted way too long in the International Rankdown so I'm glad he's not gonna rob to many people this time around. Juvat was absolutely terrible on season 4 and had no business making it all the way to top 6. For the first four routines he was paired with Anna-Alicia where she had to carry all the partnership on her shoulders. They did tango, modern, hip hop and rumba. He danced with Celine for top 10 and it was like my worst nightmare came true. He was with Nina for a modern routine and she like Anna-Alicia did everything. Then destiny decided that I had to endure more suffering and he was pair again with Celine but for two routines this time around. And I assumed that is like hell feel like. Needless to say, they sucked. He was finally eliminated along Celine, finally taking the curse away from season 4 and we somehow ended with the best top 4 we could have gotten from that season. I think those two making it to the top 6 is a big reason on why NL4 is considered to be the worst from that series.

Saving: Ivan

Choreography: Anna-Alicia

Gill%20Requiere-67898.jpg
GILL REQUIERE | BENELUX 7

Gill was a dancer on the seventh season of Benelux 7. What do I remember from Gill? She was a pretty solid soloist and that terrible Hip-Hop routine. That alone is the reason I’m cutting her here. I almost cut Michal for the terrible Dancehall but I can appreciate how bad it is that I almost enjoy it for some strange reason. :whut: I don’t even remember where Gill placed in the season overall. I’m going to guess top 8? Someone help me here because I genuinely don’t remember much about this girl.

Saving: Dominic

Choreo: Musa

ASHLEY RICH (US8, CONTEMPORARY, FOURTEENTH)

8bcb45385d13db6b7cf0a828ac2fe6c5.jpg

I always love taking any opportunity to cut dancers from US8 because the season is a disaster. Ashley Rich is one of the many contestants that season who just could not deliver. I just remember she dances that super atrocious Hip-Hop to See-Lo Green during the first week. Because Christopher Scott loves himself a terrible song choice. Anyways. Ashley also danced that super horrible Sonya Tayeh Jazz piece. Might be my least favorite Sonya piece of all-time? Then of course she danced the tremendously bad Salsa the week of her elimination. Two irrelevant solos later and she was booted at Top 14. Ashley is typically remembered for her very great performance in the "Please, Mr. Jailer" Broadway number from Spencer Liff. But that dance is not strong enough o justify her inclusion in the game any longer.

SAVING: Queen Kalila Hermant

CHOREO: Delano Spenrath

• Sad 1