Worst song choices ever on The Voice

Mistake006

Shane Q- Caribbean Queen (nobody would do well on this song)

Todd Michael Hall- Somebody to Love (Why give an 80s rocker One Republic?)

Dave Moisan- Like I Can (Sam Smith for an indie guy...?)

Will add more later but these are the first to come to mind 

Avery Wilson- Yeah 3x (He could have easily made it far in the Lives but that song choice prevented him from going there. Looking at his body of work, he definitely had finale potential) 

Judith Hill- #thatpower (Another finale contender eliminated because of a terrible song choice)

Pete Mroz- Speechless (It felt like this was a dare)

Shawn Sounds- That’s What I Like (This song destroyed his chances of making the finale after two great Live performances in a row)

Daniel Passino- Uptown Funk (This song is already monotonous, but this rendition also had no funk)

2 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Since I just saw this on the other thread..

Spectrum (Florence + The Machine) for Amanda (S3) lmao. That's just a song that's so tough to nail 💀

One of my favorite songs (the original, although the Calvin Harris mix that Amanda's version is based off of is great, too).

Such a tough one. I don't think Amanda totally flopped, but it was too big of a task even for her. If any contestant wants to come on the show and actually nail this just lemme know so I can start stanning now tbh.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Claire DeJean - There's Nothing Holding Me Back

Agh, her blind was absolutely stunning, it sucks that her KO was so messy. I remember a source said she was on par / better than Abby (don't remember which), but also sometimes sources are iffy so idk... All I know is that what aired was rough :no:

4 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Judith Hill- #thatpower (Another finale contender eliminated because of a terrible song choice)

Shawn Sounds- That’s What I Like (This song destroyed his chances of making the finale after two great Live performances in a row)

I genuinely wonder if that was self sabotage cause they only wanted exposure and didn't want to make the finale

Garrett Gardner - I Want It That Way
Matthew Schuler - It’s Time

Christina Grimmie - Some Nights and Hide & Seek
Ali Caldwell - 9 to 5

Brennley Brown - Suds in the Bucket

Janice Freeman - Shine

Zania Alake - Dangerous Woman

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

“It’s Time” is one of those songs where if you’re not Dan Reynolds, don’t even f***ing try to tackle it - it is deceptively tricky vocally. There’s a reason besides the massive popularity of the songs that “Radioactive” and “Demons” were/are two of the go-to songs from Imagine Dragons’ discography that people cover.

It’s a great song to get the crowd pumped, though (and was a highlight of getting to see the band in concert a few years back, which was an 11/10 concert experience all around).

Going back on topic, here’s another one - Joana Martinez on “Somebody That I Used To Know.” Great song, but I don’t think we’ve seen someone do a successful solo cover of it yet on the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

“It’s Time” is one of those songs where if you’re not Dan Reynolds, don’t even f***ing try to tackle it - it is deceptively tricky vocally. There’s a reason besides the massive popularity of the songs that “Radioactive” and “Demons” were/are two of the go-to songs from Imagine Dragons’ discography that people cover.

Now that I think about it I can’t even remember a good cover of Imagine Dragons on the show (Will vs James was good but it wasn’t live)