Favorite Opening Audition of the Season (S10-S20)

Misirlou

Favorite Opening Audition of the Season (S10-S20)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Paxton Ingram - Dancing on My Own (S10)
    • Jason Warrior - Living for the City (S11)
    • JChosen - Sexual Healing (S12)
    • Chris Weaver - Try a Little Tenderness (S13)
    • Britton Buchanan - Trouble (S14)
    • Sarah Grace - Ball and Chain (S15)
    • Gyth Rigdon - Drift Away (S16)
    • Katie Kadan - Baby I Love You (S17)
    • Todd Tilghman - We´ve Got Tonight (S18)
    • Tamara Jade - Cuz I Love You (S19)
    • Jenzie Wheels - Don´t Close Your Eyes (S20)

Which audition opened their respective seasons in the best way? I´m talking about the first audition aired on the premiere night, not the leaks we get before, although Chris, Britton, Katie and Tamara were both the leaks and openers of their seasons.

1. Katie Kadan

2. JChosen

3. Britton Buchanan

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Tamara Jade

6. Chris Weaver

7. Gyth Rigdon

8. Sarah Grace

9. Jason Warrior

10. Kenzie Wheeler

11. Paxton Ingram

Love 1-3, 4-6 were auditions that really grew on me, Liked 7-9, don’t care for 10-11

This is all based on what I remember; I didn't relisten to any. I haven't listened to Paxton's actual performance, but I've listened to his studio one and only vaguely remember it. 

Amazing!

1. JChosen [His lows and highs were shockingly good (Alicia's reactions were priceless too). This was really well done.]
2. Chris Weaver [Another absolutely excellent performance.]
3. Jason Warrior [I looooove Jason's tone, and this performance was excellent.]
Great!
4. Katie Kadan [I wasn't a Katie fan on the show, even though she had some good performances. Although this wasn't my thing, I acknowledge it was great.]

5. Gyth Rigdon [Great blind, his voice was solid and he picked a good song choice for it.]

6. Sarah Grace [This performance was good, but I wasn't the biggest fan of her tone on this performance; I preferred when she went softer in her KO.]

Good.

7. Todd Tilghman [I think his vocal texture is cool and it was nice to see him so excited, but this wasn't my very favorite, though it was good.]

8. Tamara Jade [Breath control issues, although the performance was fun.]

9. Britton Buchanan [I was never a fan of his tone, though I'm warming up to him.]

Meh.

10. Paxton Ingram [I recall thinking his tone wasn't for me, but I haven't listened to this one in a while.]
11. Jenzie Wheels [His off show cover was much better.]

1. Katie - her best performance (tied with ARUTW), didn't like her very much but this was undeniably great!

2. Britton - loved the song choice, the rasp, the vocal choices, this not being live probably helped the performance and it wasn't a moment like Katie's but very enjoyable still

Don't really care about the rest. Todd, JChosen, Sarah and Gyth were average, Tamara's was pretty flawed. Chris did too much imo. Don't care about Jason or Payton. The block took away focus from Kenzie, which might have not been a bad thing, tbh.

15 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

1. Katie Kadan

2. JChosen

3. Britton Buchanan

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Tamara Jade

6. Chris Weaver

7. Gyth Rigdon

8. Sarah Grace

9. Jason Warrior

10. Kenzie Wheeler

11. Paxton Ingram

Love 1-3, 4-6 were auditions that really grew on me, Liked 7-9, don’t care for 10-11

Switch Gyth and Sarah and I agree with all of this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Switch Gyth and Sarah and I agree with all of this.

And even then, they are very close together, both in rankings and my enjoyment of their auditions. Glad you agree with the list

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Unfortunate that Jason Warrior has no votes. I know this is an excellent group of blinds, but Jason was definitely in my Top 3. Perhaps I should have voted for him instead of JChosen.

I think the post-show drama on The Four kinda ruined Jason’s chances in the poll (along with being up against JChosen/Chris/Katie), but he was very good even if not my cup of tea. 

53 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I think the post-show drama on The Four kinda ruined Jason’s chances in the poll (along with being up against JChosen/Chris/Katie), but he was very good even if not my cup of tea. 

I'm not sure if people here kept up with this, but Jason went on AI and addressed the whole drama. Of course, I only know what I saw on TV, but he seemed humble and genuinely happy for others' successes on AI, which was great to see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm not sure if people here kept up with this, but Jason went on AI and addressed the whole drama. Of course, I only know what I saw on TV, but he seemed humble and genuinely happy for others' successes on AI, which was great to see.

Yeah, plus he was robbed on that show :( 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah I'm still a big fan of Jason's voice, despite the four drama.