Jump to content

Which Season Had The Best Format?


Mistake006
 Share

Random Poll  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Do You Prefer

    • 10 Contestants Per Team
      10
    • 12 Contestants Per Team
      27


Recommended Posts

The fewer the better, I just hate the 4-Way KO.

 

If it was up to me, it would be only 32 contestants(8 per team) and they go straight to Knockouts, followed by the Live shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

The fewer the better, I just hate the 4-Way KO.

 

If it was up to me, it would be only 32 contestants(8 per team) and they go straight to Knockouts, followed by the Live shows.

Honestly, I don’t hate this. I’m also someone who enjoys smaller casts for some reason. I do like the battles tho, so I would go for

Blinds - 8 per team

Battles - 4 winners per team and 2 steals per coach (8 eliminated)

Knockouts - 3 winners per team and 1 steal per coach (8 eliminated)

POs - 1 PV and 1 CS per team + wildcard (7 eliminated)

Top 9 - Top 7 - Top 4 (Finale)

 

Not my absolute first choice of a format but not bad for me if they wanted to do a shorter season at any point, which I doubt is happening considering we’re going back to fall seasons only.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked the old format best (S3-S8). Particularly the formats in S5 and S8 were the best, depends on if you wanted a 3 or 4 person finale. The finalists got so many performances during this season (and S5 also had many group performances outside of the competition). The format contributed to why S5 is my favorite season of all time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even just an extra week added to the current (live) format to allow for 17-13-9-5, with all artists who make the lives having an opportunity to do an IS song, would be an improvement.

 

You could even use the "13" week to have group performances by those that failed to advance during the 4-way KO and Top 17 weeks - there's usually a couple fan favorites who go home in these rounds, another chance for them to showcase their talents could be fun. 

 

 

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Battles - 4 winners per team and 2 steals per coach (8 eliminated)

 

I like the idea of this, especially because it seems like a lot of the steals are used early (in earlier tapings), and later artists don't even necessarily have a coach that can steal them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I actually like bigger casts (not huge like S3, but the traditional 12) because it's easier to get a variety of artists who fill different musical niches at least in theory

 

My preferred format

  • 12 artists per team after the blinds
  • 6 battle winners + 2 steals = 8 artists post battles, no 4-Way KO
  • 4 KO winners + 1 steal = 5 artists post KOs
  • 2 PVs + Coach Save = 3 artists per team (WC optional to add a fourth to someone's team)
  • 12/13 artists -> 10 artists -> 8 -> 6 -> 4
  • No team quotas (and no Instant Saves ideally, but given they're tradition I can tolerate it I guess)
  • If Instant Saves are a thing, it's the bottom 3 each week + the winner can be voted on via Twitter and in-app
  • More group performances from the artists outside of team performances in the top 12 + top 10 results shows (duos or trios if not the whole cast)
  • Less celebrity guests before finale week
  • Bring back group performances where finale artists get their friends who made the live shows (or even KOs) to perform with them
Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably a mix of S3-S6's seasons.

 

I liked only eliminating two a week with a single elimination thrown in towards the end like S3-S5. The Twitter save works best in that format, and S6's decision to have them perform again was worth it. S6 was just when they cut a week and did a triple elimination, which I didn't really care for that much.

 

If they keep the 4-way knockout or whatever, 13 > 11 > 9 > 7 > 5 > 3 would be an ideally elimination order, imo. The double eliminations keep pressure on the finalists but also keep us from losing half of the cast every week.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I actually like bigger casts (not huge like S3, but the traditional 12) because it's easier to get a variety of artists who fill different musical niches at least in theory

 

My preferred format

  • 12 artists per team after the blinds
  • 6 battle winners + 2 steals = 8 artists post battles, no 4-Way KO
  • 4 KO winners + 1 steal = 5 artists post KOs
  • 2 PVs + Coach Save = 3 artists per team (WC optional to add a fourth to someone's team)
  • 12/13 artists -> 10 artists -> 8 -> 6 -> 4
  • No team quotas (and no Instant Saves ideally, but given they're tradition I can tolerate it I guess)
  • If Instant Saves are a thing, it's the bottom 3 each week + the winner can be voted on via Twitter and in-app
  • More group performances from the artists outside of team performances in the top 12 + top 10 results shows (duos or trios if not the whole cast)
  • Less celebrity guests before finale week
  • Bring back group performances where finale artists get their friends who made the live shows (or even KOs) to perform with them

pretty much this for me but i'd like

13 -> 11 -> 10 -> 8 -> 6 -> 4, so we get 6 live performances. It would be a little boring in seasons where the vote doesn't seem even close, but in seasons like this with a ton of talent and a seemingly close vote, I'd be more excited with a long season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

S3-S5 Blinds, Battles, KOs. Top 20 playoffs.

Playoffs with Top 2 PV per team plus coach save = 3 per team (Top 12). Wildcard may be added to make it Top 13.

No team quotas after playoffs and no bloodbath.

Top 13/12 -> Top 10 -> Top 8 -> Top 6 QF -> Top 5 SF -> Top 4 Finale

Bottom 3 instant save until Top 6 (quarterfinals).

Bottom 2 instant save to semifinals and finale [Top 3 PV + IS].

No team quota for the finale.

 

Edited by season1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This does not happen in any season but i like this to happen so the show will be much longer

 

Blind Auditions  - 12 per team 

 

Battles - 6 winners + 1 save and steal

 

Knockouts - 4 winners + 1 steal

 

Wildcard - Coaches will pick any contestant eliminated in battles/knockouts to bring back and all of them will fight for the 21th playoff contestant

 

Playoffs - 2 pv 1 cs + 1 wc

 

Wildcard - all wildcard contestants will battle again for 13th spot

 

LIVE SHOWS

 

50% PUBLIC VOTE 50% COACHES VOTE

 

-13 --->11

-11 ---> 8

-8 ---> 5

 

COACHES VOTE FORMAT

-cant give scores to their own artist

-highest score one coach should give to an artist is 50% then it will divided by 3.

-The highest pv will automatically get 50% vote and the rest will follow 

 

100% PUBLIC VOTE

 

FINALE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ideally I’d like

 

10 per team battles

 

6 per team knockouts

 

4 per team in top 16

 

top 10

 

top 6

 

top 3

 

 

i hate stretched out seasons and I hate the current format

Edited by deszfan88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...