Contestants you personally thought lost both their battle and KO, and yet they were picked as the winners for both.

Misirlou

Lowell Oakley.  I thought that Kimberly Nichole won in their Battle, and Jacob Rummell definitely won their Knockout.

I was okay with Pharrell saving him both times, since Lowell did bring something different that season, but I do think that his opponents beat him in both of those rounds.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daillon said:

James Wolpert

DaNica Shirey (she was good in both rounds, but slightly overshadowed by both of her opponents)

Elyjuh René

Interesting....

- I think James lost his battle but won his KO. Juhi was good too but I preferred James by a mile.

- I think Danica won both rounds. She easily won her KO and she won her battle too(Tho I liked Toia as well).

- For Elyjuh, I think he clearly lost his KO but imo he won his battle(That might be unpop coz I think people here preferred Maiya).

Edited by Hamza Tufail

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Interesting....

- I think James lost his battle but won his KO. Juhi was good too but I preferred James by a mile.

I thought James’ KO was a trainwreck :ph34rwave: I’m glad he won because A Case of You wouldn’t have happened otherwise, but he shouldn’t have advanced based on that performance.

The others are mostly based on personal preference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I thought James’ KO was a trainwreck :ph34rwave: I’m glad he won because A Case of You wouldn’t have happened otherwise, but he shouldn’t have advanced based on that performance.

The others are mostly based on personal preference.

Tbh if I remember correctly even James admitted his KO was a trainwreck, but at least advancing in spite of that got us A Case of You.

Two more answers to the question: Caroline Burns and Darby Walker.

Bailey Rae is a good singer, but both Sid and Lauren beat her in both battles and KO respectively.

I love James Wolpert, and his battle was insane, I just preferred Will a bit more. In the KOs however, he got outsung hard. It worked out for the best however, since "A Case of You" is one of my top 3 performances that season.

Anthony Alexander (S13)´s audition was great. He got very overshadowed in both battles and KOs in my opinion. Especially in the KOs against Hannah Mrozak.

Aaron Gibson is a special case, because he nailed both his battle and KO, but I think both of his opponents were just a little better than him. (Sarayah and Josh Halverson).

I would have said Mandi Castillo but Thunderstorm apparently messed up in his KO (they edited that out), so in the end it was deserved. But I think CammWess beat her in the battle, even with how lopsided it was.

Had Jose Figueroa Jr´s KO been aired in full, there might be a chance I would have said him too depending on how Raine´s performance went. But I thought Awari won that battle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Two more answers to the question: Caroline Burns and Darby Walker.

Dang, you must not like her at all if you prefer a performance that wasn’t even shown to hers (talking about her KO) :dead:

This had me looking back to see whose performances I genuinely liked less than their opponents lol

Taylor John Williams (I've complained about this 100000 times before but Amanda and esp. TROY deserved better)

Bailey Rae (Granted, they both flopped a bit in KO's - but I still preferred Lauren just a bit there)

Carter Rubin (I stand by this.)

Reagan Strange (Easy.)

Terrence Cunningham (Couldn't stand him tbh)

Emily Ann Roberts (I did actually like her both times, but Morgan and Nadjah were stronger)

Damien Lawson (Had to look back at the battle to confirm my thoughts, but yeah, I preferred Kelli. And of course Toia was robbed there... he did nothing for me that season).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Dang, you must not like her at all if you prefer a performance that wasn’t even shown to hers (talking about her KO) :dead:

I straight up forgot she was half of the KO montage 💀

But yeah, I was pretty salty (at the time, less so now) that she won her battle over Mike and her playoffs performance didn’t help win me over - I still felt a teeny bit bad that she left on a low note like that but she made it as far as she realistically could have.

Also, Braiden Sunshine straight up lost his battle, but, because of his opponent being even worse, he won his KO fair and square. Although some people dislike him that much that it wouldn´t surprise me if someone thinks he lost both lol.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Also, Braiden Sunshine straight up lost his battle, but, because of his opponent being even worse, he won his KO fair and square. Although some people dislike him that much that it wouldn´t surprise me if someone thinks he lost both lol.

I was actually going to put him here instinctively, but then I remembered Cool For the Summer :haha:

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I straight up forgot she was half of the KO montage 💀

But yeah, I was pretty salty (at the time, less so now) that she won her battle over Mike and her playoffs performance didn’t help win me over - I still felt a teeny bit bad that she left on a low note like that but she made it as far as she realistically could have.

Yeah, same thoughts. Love Mike’s blind and Caroline was one of my least favorites that season.

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Bailey Rae is a good singer, but both Sid and Lauren beat her in both battles and KO respectively.

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Had Jose Figueroa Jr´s KO been aired in full, there might be a chance I would have said him too depending on how Raine´s performance went. But I thought Awari won that battle.

Agree with both of these 100%. I would also say Carter (pls don’t kill me) because Chloe’s performance is one of my favorites all time, but Carter killed his knockout too and I get why everyone loved it. It was a deserving win, but I enjoyed Chloé more. That said, Larriah did deserve that battle win for me lol.

Also I’m REALLY sure this is very unpopular (and I’m not exactly 100% sure of this but it came to mind) but Megan Danielle. I’m stuck with her battle tho. I preferred Samantha as a whole a lot more in blinds and her tone was everything for me, which is probably why I feel this way. That said Megan did do well and Samantha was pitchy in a few moments, so again, it’s mainly my preference, I’m also not the biggest fan of Megan’s tone so that could be the case, she’s great tho! Her knockout tho, I think Cammwess deserved that win.

also I’m pretty sure I’d be saying Tanner Gomes if it wasn’t for his battle being montaged lol

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Ellie even thinks he won their Knockout fair and square (she replied to a comment of mine on YouTube once and said as much!), so I won't argue with her.

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Montage queen Katherine Ho probably destroyed Caroline either way 🙄 /s

Anyways, I don't think Mark Isaiah should have beaten anyone ever, even though Malik Davage's KO was terrible, but that's my personal bias.  I also still don't understand Miley's love for Ashland Craft.... I think she and Megan Rose were pretty even in the battles (with a slight edge to Megan), while Chloe def had the better KO. 

11 minutes ago, wordemergency said:

I also still don't understand Miley's love for Ashland Craft.... I think she and Megan Rose were pretty even in the battles (with a slight edge to Megan), while Chloe def had the better KO. 

She was too desperate to beat Blake with a country artist.  That desperation ended up doing her in.