Wendy - Jolene #164 

Paris - Ain’t Nobody #178

Hailey - deja vu #183 

ALSO:

GNT - Wichita Lineman #58 

GNT - Hits From The Road (Album) #19 

• Like 1

Re Lauren Duski’s season:

Lauren Duski dominated itunes WAY more than GNT. She was leading on itunes throughout the lives by far bigger actual sales numbers. Every week.  She ENTERED itunes at #1 in the finale (did not slowly climb) with DejaVu and stayed there for a week with 60 000 sales on the first day (more than double Chis Blue’s sales who dropped faster even after he won)

She DOMINATED itunes (which counted as votes at the time) and it wasn’t even close. But Chris had more views on YouTube overall.

Chris must have really impressed the casual voters in a finale with double the number of viewers we have now. And he did not get the “hate” that Wendy is getting on social media.

In fact, Gwen is the one that copped an incredible amount of hate from country fans that season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MusicMedicine said:

Lauren Duski dominated itunes WAY more than GNT. She was leading on itunes throughout the lives by far bigger actual sales numbers. Every week.  She ENTERED itunes at #1 in the finale (did not slowly climb) with DejaVu and stayed there for a week with 60 000 sales on the first day (more than double Chis Blue’s sales who dropped faster even after he won)

She DOMINATED itunes (which counted as votes at the time) and it wasn’t even close. But Chris had more views on YouTube overall.

Chris must have really impressed the casual voters in a finale with double the number of viewers we have now. And he did not get the “hate” that Wendy is getting on social media.

In fact, Gwen is the one that copped an incredible amount of hate from country fans that season. 

Yeah, Deja Vu hit number one something like 15 minutes after her performance, and that was when that still meant something. Her other song was at #1 for a while that night too. And she hit #1 the previous week with Ghost In This House. These were also by big margins. It’s not as though the others were breathing down her neck. 

5 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

It's understandable that she would have more sales compared to GNT. iTunes ranking mattered that season. If the iTunes bonuses were a thing this season, I could see GNT having the same level of dominance on the charts as that of Chloe Kohanski in S13.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, Deja Vu hit number one something like 15 minutes after her performance, and that was when that still meant something. Her other song was at #1 for a while that night too. And she hit #1 the previous week with Ghost In This House. These were also by big margins. It’s not as though the others were breathing down her neck. 

Yes - her itunes domination was HUGE.

Ironically, before Wendy (possibly 2nd place too) , she is the only other contestant that I am a big fan of post show and would wait up until midnight for new releases. I would love to hear Wendy do a song written by Lauren. 😇

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

None of the studios last season hit top 10 all-genre on Itunes. But Cam was leading though.

Just shows how boring that season is. S18 and S20 are very forgettable seasons imo. Sometimes, I pretend those seasons never existed.

2 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

Ironically, before Wendy (possibly 2nd place too) , she is the only other contestant that I am a big fan of post show and would wait up until midnight for new releases. I would love to hear Wendy do a song written by Lauren. 😇

What is Wendy going to do post show, though? More dated covers like she did the past few months? What kind of artist does she want to be? I shouldn’t have to ask that question about a 56 year old. 

Edited by TeamAudra

5 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

That would be a great collab! Wendy needs to take care of her broken elbow first tho 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

To be fair, they had good talent, but were heavily damaged by the short format.

Probably and with that pastor winning on S18 really made it worse. I don't like Blake turning his artists into country just because they appeal to the voters.

Cam deserved his win tho.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What is Wendy going to do post show, though? More dated covers like she did the past few months? What kind of artist does she want to be? I shouldn’t have to ask that question about a 56 year old. 

I would love to hear her live - I don’t care how many “dated” covers as she does.

(Unpopular opinion: I prefer her tone and voice to any coach who has been on the voice. I love listening to Kelly’s Kellyoke but prefer Wendy’s voice.)

If I want to hear unique “current” singer-songwriters,  I will go to Billie’s or Finneas’ or Kacey’s shows 😏

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MusicMedicine said:

I would love to hear her live - I don’t care how many “dated” covers as she does.

(Unpopular opinion: I prefer her tone and voice to any coach who has been on the voice. I love listening to Kelly’s Kellyoke but prefer Wendy’s voice.)

If I want to hear unique “current” singer-songwriters,  I will go to Billie’s or Finneas’ or Kacey’s shows 😏

My question is whether that is what she’s going to do, because that’s how America sees her now. If that’s her ambition, fine. She can probably get some gigs doing that on cruise ships, etc. 

2 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

Ooooo that’s interesting

Both of Wendy’s performances slightly surpassed GNT’s ballad in views and reacts but GNT’s uptempo is miles ahead of everyone’s performances including both Wendy’s in views and reacts on FB, what does this mean? 

Edited by Mohammad

7 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

Man someone of you people are really out there. But to each their own I guess.

2 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Both of Wendy’s performances slightly surpassed GNT’s ballad in views and reacts but GNT’s uptempo is miles ahead of everyone’s performances including both Wendy’s in views and reacts on FB, what does this mean? 

Don’t overthink it. GNT won. 

iTunes update.  GNT has another song enter the top 200…

GNT - The Chain #2 

GNT - River #3 

GNT - DITW #8 

GNT - BNTIFY #13 

Wendy - OTR #18 

Paris - Me & Mrs. Jones #28 

Hailey - idontwannebeyouanymore #42 

GNT - MHTM #48 

Wendy - How Will I Know #62 

GNT - VLV #63 

Wendy - YAINTGB #93 

Paris - Ain’t Nobody #140 

Wendy - Jolene #141 

Jershika - RITD #145 

Hailey - deja vu #159 

ALSO:

GNT - Wichita Lineman #53 

GNT - Helplessly Hoping #195 

GNT - Hits From The Road (Album) #18 

Edited by landon1988

Last iTunes update for the night.  I’m going to bed.  Best of luck to all fanbases tomorrow!  This is an insanely talented top 5!

GNT - The Chain #2 

GNT - River #3 

GNT - DITW #8 

GNT - BNTIFY #12 

Wendy - OTR #16 

Paris - Me & Mrs. Jones #26

Hailey - idontwannebeyouanymore #39 

GNT - MHTM #46 

Wendy - How Will I Know #57 

GNT - VLV #62 

Wendy - YAINTGB #88 

Wendy - Jolene #123 

Jershika - RITD #129 

Paris - Ain’t Nobody #135 

Hailey - deja vu #155 

ALSO:

GNT - Wichita Lineman #49 

GNT - Helplessly Hoping #184 

GNT - Hits From The Road (Album) #17

Edited by landon1988
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jork said:

I can't see how Wendy can win this. GNT is having a Jordan Smith season of all out metrics domination.

That's what I think too. There dominance on iTunes(especially in the semis and finale) is kind of similar to what Jordan had during his season. 

• Like 1