The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Since the subject is "breakout" and I just watched the leak... Shedale was a contestant that I REALLY didn't pay much attention to before. But DANM, that performance was on another level. 

Reminded me of the R&B singers I used to watch on MTV as a kid and it was so professional. This girl is ready to record, perform and receive all the laurels that come with being a great artist. 

I don't know if it can be considered a breakout moment, but it was far superior to anything John's "frontrunners" have put out, in my opinion.  

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Calling LiBianca’s performance “breakout” is quite a stretch. She lost on the app by a margin almost as big as the one Wendy had over Jonathan. 

I think she did great though considering her battle was montaged and the sources said she wasn't able to soar. I don't see why a contestant can't have a great performance just because they lost in the app. Also her and Hailey were really good so I'd consider it a breakout for them. 

1 minute ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I think she did great though considering her battle was montaged and the sources said she wasn't able to soar. I don't see why a contestant can't have a great performance just because they lost in the app. Also her and Hailey were really good so I'd consider it a breakout for them. 

I don't think they're saying the performance wasn't great because it lost in the app. It's just that "breakout" is usually defined here as something that will push a contestant to frontrunner status.

• Thanks 1

According to the "predict their fate" polls on the contestants that advanced from this week, we have, based on majority of votes on each poll that IDF predicts:

• GNT will win.
  • Wendy will make finale but not win
  • Very close between semis and finale, but one vote prevails to make IDF predict Holly will make finale but not win.
  • Samuel, Bella (whose KO hasnt been shown yet, but someone already did a poll for her) and Hailey Mia will make it to semis and get eliminated there.
  • David, Ryleigh, Gymani and Shadale will be eliminated in between the Top 13 and Top 10 weeks.
  • Katie Rae, Joshua and Raquel will be eliminated in the playoffs.

We're still missing the KOs of Peedy, Jeremy, Lana, Jim/Sasha, Jershika and Paris in regards of contestants that made lives, so it will be interesting to see their poll results.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It depends of what meaning you give "breakout".

Could be a breakout performance for you, in the way you see the artist. You probably didnt like them prior, but after a certain performance, you see them on a new light.

If we're talking competitive breakout, then the story changes. It has to have that effect on the core audience.

For me, I thought Joshua was done after the battle, but after his KO, I think he has a chance at Top 12/13. I also now think David might be more dangerous than what some people believe.

Yes this, I wasn't talking about it in a competitive setting. I think they both did much better compared their prior performances and I saw them in a new light 

Just now, FloorWax said:

I don't think they're saying the performance wasn't great because it lost in the app. It's just that "breakout" is usually defined here as something that will push a contestant to frontrunner status.

I don’t even necessarily think it has to push them to frontrunner status. Maybe creating some momentum for themselves they didn’t previously have is enough, even though there can be grey areas around that too. I don’t think it did that for LiBianca. 

14 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Reminded me of the R&B singers I used to watch on MTV as a kid and it was so professional. This girl is ready to record, perform and receive all the laurels that come with being a great artist. 

I think the edge Shadale has right now over Jershika is performing experience. She is used to moving around stages and has performed internationally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

According to the "predict their fate" polls on the contestants that advanced from this week, we have, based on majority of votes on each poll that IDF predicts:

• GNT will win.
  • Wendy will make finale but not win
  • Very close between semis and finale, but one vote prevails to make IDF predict Holly will make finale but not win.
  • Samuel, Bella (whose KO hasnt been shown yet, but someone already did a poll for her) and Hailey Mia will make it to semis and get eliminated there.
  • David, Ryleigh, Gymani and Shadale will be eliminated in between the Top 13 and Top 10 weeks.
  • Katie Rae, Joshua and Raquel will be eliminated in the playoffs.

We're still missing the KOs of Peedy, Jeremy, Lana, Jim/Sasha, Jershika and Paris in regards of contestants that made lives, so it will be interesting to see their poll results.

Meaning this will all be incorrect… :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Meaning this will all be incorrect… :giggle:

That was my first though too. 😂 

I’m old enough to remember when Dave Fenley, Kirk Jay, Brooke Simpson, Gyth Rigdon, Jim Ranger, Britton Buchanan, Thunderstorm Artis, etc. were going to win. 

Just now, Misirlou said:

We've talked about the possible damage Vaughn could do to Team Ari if he comes back, but what do y'all think Hailey G could do on Team Blake? PV? CS? WC? Or nothing?

It honestly depends on the song choice. She’s practically a guarantee for the wildcard though, if not one of the PVs.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

It honestly depends on the song choice. She’s practically a guarantee for the wildcard though, if not one of the PVs.

So far I dont see her getting a PV, but I agree she's representing Team Blake on the WC (Assuming there's still one). And she could win it depending on her opponents.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We've talked about the possible damage Vaughn could do to Team Ari if he comes back, but what do y'all think Hailey G could do on Team Blake? PV? CS? WC? Or nothing?

I’m thinking WC is her best shot. I don’t think she will get Blake’s save.

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So far I dont see her getting a PV, but I agree she's representing Team Blake on the WC (Assuming there's still one). And she could win it depending on her opponents.

My main hope for Hailey is that she gets to do some rock on the show. She has brought rock elements to her song choices on the show, but I really want her to tackle some rock queens like Janis. She reminds me a lot of Allison Iraheta from American Idol Season 8. I’d even be fine with some Fleetwood Mac.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

My main hope for Hailey is that she gets to do some rock on the show. She has brought rock elements to her song choices on the show, but I really want her to tackle some rock queens like Janis. She reminds me a lot of Allison Iraheta from American Idol Season 8. I’d even be fine with some Fleetwood Mac.

She did the Allman Brothers on S19, so given that she's more confident now, she could do something in that vein as well.

I think she has the rasp for Janis, but not 100% she has the control, if I'm being quite honest. I think male vocalists could fit her better, maybe some Nirvana could do her good.

Edited by Misirlou

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

For her own sake, I really hope Hailey Mia isn’t one of them (I’m not even a big fan of hers, but Lord knows most 13 year olds would probably freak the heck out over being on a live singing TV show).

She won’t be 🤍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

For her own sake, I really hope Hailey Mia isn’t one of them (I’m not even a big fan of hers, but Lord knows most 13 year olds would probably freak the heck out over being on a live singing TV show).

She seems like someone who doesn’t get nervous, like Chevel, but we won’t know for sure until it happens. The same can be said about everyone else except for Wendy. 

• Like 2