The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

doubt it, the source that apparently brought that song up was from Taping 1. 

RIP me deciding who among Brittany and Wendy would be getting it, turns out the answer is neither :haha:

I wish Brittany got A Change Is Gonna Come instead of Best Part though.

I thought Victor would do it, but no.
Maybe Wendy: Aretha. Maybe Brittany: H.E.R.
TPTB hates me

3 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Also Hailey I think

Great! Now all we need is

Jim & Sasha - Dreams

Xavier Cornell - Dancing On My Own

Jeremy Rosado - Already Gone

to be revealed next week! :giggle:

Edited by FloorWax

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m ready to predict with about 90% confidence the montage will be Peedy-Berritt. Remember, Blake said something about “can’t wait until we hear Carson on the fiddle,” and they aired it. It actually seemed like a comment that could have been edited in. 

Yeah, I definitely felt they were setting that up for him. I’m thinking that by airing Lana/Carson, they’re at least giving minivan the ability to see if he flopped instead of just shouting that Blake made a bad decision and they couldn’t even see Carson in the first place.

• Like 1

Jeremy Rosado vs. Xavier Cornell

Jershika Maple vs. Paris Winningham (Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton

Shadale Johnson vs. Samara Brown (TBA - Tina Turner)

Bella DeNapoli (Chandelier - Sia) vs. Katherine Ann Mohler

Jim & Sasha Allen vs. Manny Keith (Golden - Harry Styles)

Lana Scott (Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift) vs. Carson Peters (TBA - George Strait)

Peedy Chavis vs. Berritt Haynes

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, I definitely felt they were setting that up for him. I’m thinking that by airing Lana/Carson, they’re at least giving minivan the ability to see if he flopped instead of just shouting that Blake made a bad decision and they couldn’t even see Carson in the first place.

No matter how the performances go, minivan will say Carson should have stayed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Jeremy Rosado vs. Xavier Cornell

Jershika Maple vs. Paris Winningham (Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton

Shadale Johnson vs. Samara Brown (TBA - Tina Turner)

Bella DeNapoli (Chandelier - Sia) vs. Katherine Ann Mohler

Jim & Sasha Allen vs. Manny Keith (Golden - Harry Styles)

Lana Scott (Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift) vs. Carson Peters (TBA - George Strait)

Peedy Chavis vs. Berritt Haynes

I feel like this batch of pairings for next week is favorable for Bella to stand out if she gave a good performance. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Well, yes, but we all know they will still be complaining about Carson being the right choice no matter how hard he flops and how much Lana slays. :haha:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I feel like this batch of pairings for next week is favorable for Bella to stand out if she gave a good performance. 

She did Chandelier, so I'm guessing it will be a flip of some sorts. Possibly a softer version.

23 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Oop- yeah. Add Hailey M. as well :haha: 

Three contestants going through the Corey Ward songbook. Have we ever had three contestants sing a song that the same alumni also sang in one round of the competition 

Here are the Knockout song choices y’all were wondering about:

Katie Rae - “Hold On to Me” (Lauren Daigle)

Wendy Moten - “Ain’t No Way” (Aretha; this will highkey remind me of Kelvin Dukes’s AGT audition last year) vs. Jonathan Mouton - “I Can See Clearly Now”

Girl Named Tom - “Wichita Lineman” (Glen Campbell) vs. Holly Forbes - “Superstar”

Samuel Harness - “Bruises” (Lewis Capaldi) vs. Brittany Bree - “Best Part” (H.E.R. ft. Daniel Caesar)

Ryleigh Plank - “Midnight Sky” (former coach Miley Cyrus)

and Gymani - “PILLOWTALK” (ZAYN; this will remind me a lot of Denisha Dalton’s blind audition last season) vs. Kinsey Rose - “Strawberry Wine” (Deana Carter)

First of all: So interesting that I’m seeing a few Corey Ward greats from last season’s live shows!

Second: If Xavier Cornell’s and Berritt Haynes’s knockout performances are going to air on Monday night, they better not montage these performances (I’ll freak if they do, I’m not kidding).

Anyways, I’m very excited for the start of the knockout rounds tomorrow night! 🙂

Edited by JodiRose

25 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

At least Xavier gets to escape the triple montage 🙂

Poor Berritt still up on the chopping block though.

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m ready to predict with about 90% confidence the montage will be Peedy-Berritt. Remember, Blake said something about “can’t wait until we hear Carson on the fiddle,” and they aired it. It actually seemed like a comment that could have been edited in. 

Yep.  I've been convinced of Berritt vs. Peedy being the montage for a while, and knowing that Xavier's escaping the montage all but confirms that to me.

Add in what was mentioned by Blake about Carson, and Berritt vs. Peedy is the easy choice.

4 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

Here are the Knockout song choices y’all were wondering about:

Katie Rae - “Hold On to Me” (Lauren Daigle)

Wendy Moten - “Ain’t No Way” (Aretha; this will highkey remind me of Kelvin Dukes’s AGT audition last year) vs. Jonathan Mouton - “I Can See Clearly Now”

Girl Named Tom - “Wichita Lineman” (Glen Campbell) vs. Holly Forbes - “Superstar”

Samuel Harness - “Bruises” (Lewis Capaldi) vs. Brittany Bree - “Best Part” (H.E.R. ft. Daniel Caesar)

Ryleigh Plank - “Midnight Sky” (former coach Miley Cyrus)

and Gymani - “PILLOWTALK” (ZAYN; this will remind me a lot of Denisha Dalton’s blind audition last season) vs. Kinsey Rose - “Strawberry Wine” (Deana Carter)

You left out Raquel, Katie's opponent.

Edited by Rodney

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe a set up going into the lives? They might let Bella and Holly fairly battle it out on PO's to see who emerges out as Ari's frontrunner. We'll see tomorrow but Holly doesn't strike me as much of a contender as she did preseason.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Maybe a set up going into the lives? They might let Bella and Holly fairly battle it out on PO's to see who emerges out as Ari's frontrunner. We'll see tomorrow but Holly doesn't strike me as much of a contender as she did preseason.

It could be. The first week is freaking loaded. Ari needs a frontrunner, so let’s put Bella in week two, where she can get more attention. Makes sense!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It could be. The first week is freaking loaded. Ari needs a frontrunner, so let’s put Bella in week two, where she can get more attention. Makes sense!

It might do wonders for Bella, too.  She's already gained quite a bit of traction from her Battle, so her Knockout might make it even better for her.