The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

If I’m a producer who cares about ratings, picking between two double montages to triple montage one of them, and one of them has Peedy as their opponent, I’m probably gonna montage the other one. Just sayin’

That said, I’d be nervous if I were in either of those pairings. 

21 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Especially a Blake KO, where Blake hasn't had a knockout montage in a veryyyyyy long time I believe. 

His last one was in season nine (Chris Crump vs. Zach Seabaugh).  But he has a good chance of getting one this season due to one thing that seems to have been overlooked.

Not one of the Knockout steals comes from his team.

Half of the steals come from John's team, and Kelly and Ariana's teams split the other two.  But none come from Blake's team.  The team with no Knockout steals coming from it is usually the one that gets the Knockout montage.  (Season thirteen with Team Jennifer and season fourteen with Team Kelly were exceptions, not the rule.)

So one of Blake's pairings could get the montage.  I frankly think that it'll be Berritt vs. Peedy.  It'll depend on whom TPTB feel better sacrificing between Berritt and Xavier.  (Or, to be more precise, between Peedy and Jeremy.)  If they feel a certain way, then Berritt vs. Peedy will be the montage.

Edited by Rodney

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

His last one was in season nine (Chris Crump vs. Zach Seabaugh).  But he has a good chance of getting one this season due to one thing that seems to have been overlooked.

Not one of the Knockout steals comes from his team.

Half of the steals come from John's team, and Kelly and Ariana's teams split the other two.  But none come from Blake's team.  The team with no Knockout steals coming from it is usually the one that gets the Knockout montage.  (Season thirteen with Team Jennifer and season fourteen with Team Kelly were exceptions, not the rule.)

So one of Blake's pairings could get the montage.  I frankly think that it'll be Berritt vs. Peedy. Peedy.  It'll depend on whom TPTB feel better sacrificing between Berritt and Xavier.  (Or, to be more precise, between Peedy and Jeremy.)  If they feel a certain way, then Berritt vs. Peedy will be the montage.

I forgot they montaged Zach Seabaugh, such obvious minivan bait. That was a bit of a surprise. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

TPTB must know how the contestants and audience feel about montages. People complain about it on IDF and mjsbigblog. Mark Franklin is also vocal about montages.

https://idolchatteryd.com/the-voice-montages-disrespectful-and-unnecessary

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid, yet the show continues the montages. Maybe they always serve some purpose. Regardless, I wish they wouldn't montage anyone.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:03 AM, RTV said:

TPTB must know how the contestants and audience feel about montages. People complain about it on IDF and mjsbigblog. Mark Franklin is also vocal about montages.

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid, yet the show continues the montages. Maybe they always serve some purpose. Regardless, I wish they wouldn't montage anyone.

I think that part of the reasoning is the scheduling.  NBC seems to absolutely refuse to give the show two hours on Tuesdays consistently.  If they did, they could show every Battle easily.  And in the Knockouts, perhaps be willing to give the second episode ninety minutes instead of sixty.  Boom.  Problem solved.  Every Knockout could be shown, as well.

I really don't get the Tuesday scheduling, anyway.  Most of the shows in NBC's Tuesday night block have pretty much flopped over the past few years other than This is Us, and even that started dropping in ratings and viewers eventually.  Like, is the new La Brea all that good?

Edited by Rodney

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

Could be. Clint's awkward blind problem, Ciana vs. Denisha's battle, Chloe vs. Lain's battle, and Van Andrew's KO all had good reason to be montaged/shortclipped- but there are so many people that give good performances that go off with no hiccups but get montaged just for the sake of time. How'd the entire top 5 of Season 15 get their battles montaged/shortclipped? Surely they couldn't have all been bad :haha:

Bare minimum, the full versions belong online - even the bad ones. No rehearsal, we don't even need to see the results/dialogue after. Just the 90-120 seconds they work their asses off for.

Also, not Mark confusing Katherine Ho with Megan Lee, who were a whole 4 seasons apart :haha:

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

So Team Ariana is flying in today, too?  Interesting.  I'd thought that only two teams fly in at a time, and then the other two teams.

They all usually fly in together for the live shows.

They’re flying in pretty early though. I’m thinking we get another top 20 group performance 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seak05 said:

They all usually fly in together for the live shows.

Actually, it was two teams earlier in the week, then the other two teams about two days later.  I guess COVID must've forced a change in protocol to require them all to go in at the same time.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unpinned this topic