Contestants whose breakout performance was not in the Knockouts

QueenCami

Pretty much what's in the title! For the sake of this thread, I'll define breakout performances to mean a performance that propelled them to being a frontrunner. This can include the ones who had "breakout" moments in the BAs, like Sawyer, Alisan, and Jordan. It can also include people who had breakout performances later—during the playoffs or further live shows. It may include those who had breakout moments in the battles, but it would probably be difficult to find someone for whom that would be true.

I think Josh's was Signed sealed delivered I'm yours(Battle).

Craig's was Can't you see(KO)

Kimberly's was What's Up(PO).

Chris' was Tracks of my tears(BA).

Lauren's was You were meant for me(BA).

Chloe's was Landslide(Best KO ever).

Kyla's was You don't own me(KO).

Kirk's was Bless the broken road(BA).

Andrew's was Simple man(IS).

Jake Haldenvang's was Powerful(KO).

Thunderstorm's was Blackbird(BA).

Julia Cooper's was Alaska(BA).

• Like 1

Ok, I didn't watched Season 3 and 4 but Cassadee and Danielle's knockouts doesn't scream "breakout moments" for me (Cassadee's surely doesn't lol). I'm not sure, but i think Cassadee's breakout moment was with "Over You" and Danielle's was with "Maybe It Was Memphis". Please, if someone actually watched that seasons tell me if i'm right or wrong. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, I didn't watched Season 3 and 4 but Cassadee and Danielle's knockouts doesn't scream "breakout moments" for me (Cassadee's surely doesn't lol). I'm not sure, but i think Cassadee's breakout moment was with "Over You" and Danielle's was with "Maybe It Was Memphis". Please, if someone actually watched that seasons tell me if i'm right or wrong. 

I agree about Danielle. If it wasn’t “Maybe It Was Memphis,” it was the following performance of “Wasted” for me. For Cassadee, I felt she had a moment in the Playoffs with “My Happy Ending,” but maybe that’s just me. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

James Wolpert - A Case of You (Season 5 Playoffs) immediately came to mind when I read the title - he was the only contestant that week to get the iTunes bonus, which likely helped keep him on the show until the semifinals.

In a similar vein, Will Champlin - At Last (Season 5 top 8 week) was the only performance to get the iTunes bonus that week, which also happened to be the week Matthew Schuler (who was arguably one of the front-runners, if not the front-runner that season) flopped; both factors likely contributed to Will being able to make the finale.

• Like 2

Aaliyah Moulden - Jealous
This crushed Hunter's chances at Top 3 that season and I am still salty at it.

Spensha Baker - Red
For some reason I always thought of Spensha as a nonfactor finale-wise until this performance.

Matt McAndrew - God Only Knows

I thought Matt was going to be handicapped in the PO's after his montaged KO..... but this absolutely made up for it.

Joshua Davis - Fields of Gold
The performance that rescued him from his almost-elimination the week before and probably carried him to the finale.

Barrett Baber - I'd Just Love to Lay You Down

I feel like this moved Barrett from middle-pack to top-tier in his season.

Todd Tilghman - Love, Me
I feel like TStorm was still a threat to Todd, until this performance.

11 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Here's how bad The Voice has gotten. If season 3 was as short as last season, Over You would've been Cassadee's finale performance.

• Sad 2

-Sawyers was his audition 

-Amanda Brown's was either her battle or Dream On

-Jacquie Lee's was I Put A Spell On You even though i thought that Stompa was a moment

-idk what Chris Jamison's was but it was definatley not his KO

-Matt McAndrews was either his battle or God Only Knows