Who would have been your S16 runner up?

Misirlou

S16 is perhaps the most unanimously hated season by IDF, but at the same time it has the most beloved and unanimously praised winner: Maelyn. She wasn´t my favorite of the season, but I can´t argue against her winning, she was by far the most consistent of the season, including leaving unscathed by the infamous Cross Battles.

Since on the other hand, runner up Gyth is probably one of the most disliked contestants ever here, who would have been your runner up? Or do you agree with Gyth being there? Or even further, do you think somebody else should have won instead of Maelyn?

Of the rest of the top 13, I'd be happy with Shawn, Rod, or even Andrew as a runner-up. I liked Oliv but her later live performances weren't it. I disliked Dexter but I would've respected him as runner-up more than Gyth.

Domenic for sure. One of the few people who didn’t flop in the lives, and the only one who in my eyes managed to outperform Maelyn in a specific round (that being the Playoffs)

Rod would have been fine as well, and as for the others, I don’t think their performances would have justified their presence in the finale (and I’m including Gyth, Dexter and Andrew here)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

Just now, Daillon said:

Domenic for sure. One of the few people who didn’t flop in the lives, and the only one who in my eyes managed to outperform Maelyn in a specific round (that being the Playoffs)

Yep. He would my pick if I could choose anyone that didn't make it past the Playoffs.

I would've liked to see Presley make it farther too.

Just now, disney1024 said:

Stay away from Bruno Mars in general. "Finesse" is often just as bad 😖

I´d say his upbeat songs, because "When I Was Your Man", being a ballad, has given several contestants some great moments.

Well, going back to topic, I´d say that if we´re talking finalists, Dexter should have been the runner up in my opinion.

If we´re not counting finalists, Rod was definitely the second most consistent performer after Maelyn for me, so I´d choose him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harmat said:

Rod! (just want to mention that he lost to both 1st and 2nd and still made it to top 6) 

Never thought of that! He really did have to compete with the season's winner and runner-up lol

(and managed to not get overshadowed)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

.....Or even further, do you think somebody else should have won instead of Maelyn?....

Who’s going to be the first brave soul to take that one on? :haha:

I´m sure there´s a few lol, I think I remember someone actually saying that on another thread and got nothing but confused reactions.

• Haha 4