Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL`S DRAG RACE - SEASON 8

giphy.gif

----------------------

12. DAX EXCLAMATION POINT VS. LAILA MCQUEEN - I WILL SURVIVE

source.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 11.90

@#jeah - 11

@*Chris - 12

@FrogLenzen - 12

@Elliott - 12

@JC - 12

@~*8Kay8*~ - 12

@*Lily - 12

@.Rei - 12

@Solaris - 12

@~Tom~ - 12

@*Wallace - 12

ANDY

I actually kind of enjoy this lipsync lol, their dresses limited them from doing any acrobatic stuff but neither was THAT bad. It’s hard though to do justice to a song as iconic as I Will Survive. Miles better than No Scrubs, Oops I Did It Again, and half the lipsyncs from S7 lol.

CHRIS

What a nightmare this LSFYL was, especially to an iconic song like "I Will Survive". And the song needs a rudemption on RPDR -  if the production wants, I can give a few songs that deserves a rudemption. 

DEREK

Both of these queens had outrageous potential and they both threw it all in the trash with this embarrassment. I remember watching this happen and being like... "wtf is happening here, they are both terrible" and feeling like this double sashay was so deserved. BUT WHY CALL NAYSHA BACK SMH

ELLIOTT

Terrible. In the bottom three of lip syncs alongside Oops! and No Scrubs.

JC

Was this a double sashay? Deserved.

REI

T R A I N W R E C K

WALLY

Gosh this was such a terrible lip sync. And for such an iconic classic Disco too? What a lackluster and disappointing lip sync. Dax was OTT in all the wrong ways. What was up with her twirling that yellow cape? Laila was just… whatever. Both lacked the fire and passion for this song. RuPaul’s faces (and well all of the judges) watching this was so hilarious.  :dead: Everyone’s reaction to the double sha-shays were hilarious too.

--------------------

11. LAILA MCQUEEN VS. NAYSHA LOPEZ  - APPLAUSE

q-zsfK.gif mDvGS7.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 09.72

@#jeah - 8
@FrogLenzen - 8

@Elliott - 9 

@JC - 9

@.Rei - 9

@Solaris - 9

@*Chris - 11

@~*8Kay8*~ - 11

@*Lily - 11

@~Tom~ - 11

@*Wallace - 11

ANDY

Wait, I totally forgot that Laila actually slayed this.

DEREK

Laila only deserved bottom 2 for the winner photo, not the outfit. She killed Naysha and Naysha should have stayed dead

ELLIOTT

I guess Laila did better but #lowstandards

JC

Meh.

REI

Best thing Laila did that season. Naysha was not good at all but it was actually funny seeing her bomb this.

CHRIS

Laila did good, but this lipsync was mediocre at best - I was incredibly disappointed with Naysha as I thought she was beautiful & had more potentials than what we saw in this LSFYL. 

WALLY

A fun Lady Gaga song that I do love, but the lip sync battle was alright here. I don’t think either really lived up or brought the energy needed for the song. But I did like watching Naysha perform, and she has more of that glamourous style of perform. Laila was alright but lol she went crazy towards the end of it. This was her better lip sync. But I would have kept Naysha of the two.

--------------------

10. DERRICK BERRY VS. ROBBIE TURNER- I LOVE IT

tumblr_o5kxz5fsVe1qlvwnco2_500.gifv tumblr_o5kxz5fsVe1qlvwnco4_500.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 08.00

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 8

@~*8Kay8*~ - 8

@*Lily - 8

@*Chris - 9

@~Tom~ - 9

@#jeah - 10

@JC - 10

@.Rei - 10

WALLY

I DON’T CARE, I LOVE IT. :bobo:  I thought this was a pretty decent lip sync. This is a kind of song that really flatters and fits Derrick’s performance style. I felt Derrick channeled her inner Britney here and really put on a show from a pop star. I thought she slayed her performance and gave it her all. Robbie was alright. I enjoyed some moments from her but then didn’t really care for some of her performing in other spots. I was left wanting more from Robbie. A deserved win for Derrick. This is tricky to rank so I put it in the higher middle portion.

DEREK

Everywhere you look there's a hem. Robbie and her wig lines finally going after this was great. Derrick actually did well.

ELLIOTT

I can't tell you how little impact a Robbie v Derrick lip sync had on me.

CHRIS

Eh, this was lowkey terrible. 

ANDY

All this did was make me realize we NEED more Charli lipsyncs

JC

Meh.

REI

Nothing special.

--------------------

09. NAOMI SMALLS - LEGS

giphy.gif tumblr_o7ar3xV3S11qlvwnco1_400.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 07.82

@JC - 2

@.Rei - 6

@#jeah - 7

@~*8Kay8*~ - 7

@~Tom~ - 7

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 9

@*Wallace - 9

@*Lily - 10

@Solaris - 10

@Elliott - 11

JC

WERK! 

REI

Was good but Kim Chi and Bob’s were better

ANDY

This is fun!

CHRIS

I almost ranked it higher than this because I love the song #ThanksToTikTok, but the performance was just there & not as iconic as Bob or Kim's performance.

DEREK

I thought the songs were cute this season. 

WALLY

LOL of course Naomi would have a song dedicated to and about her legs. :lmao:  It was nice seeing Naomi having fun with this song and showcasing her favorite assets of her legs. She performed well although the lip syncing to the song didn’t seem the best. I liked the personality she had and the parts where she grabbed and threw out those magazines was funny.  :haha: I would have liked more dynamics as a whole but it was fun.

ELLIOTT

Naomi.

RUPAUL`S DRAG RACE - SEASON 8

giphy.gif

08. BOB, CHI CHI, KIM, NAOMI - "THE REALNESS"

Dloe.gif source.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 07.73

@~*8Kay8*~ - 4

@Elliott - 6
@JC - 6
@*Wallace - 6

@*Chris - 7

@*Lily - 7

@.Rei - 8

@Solaris - 8

@~Tom~ - 10
@FrogLenzen - 11
@#jeah - 12

ELLIOTT

Would rank lower for Naomi, but Bob, Chi Chi and Kim Chi were all apart of it so it lands here.

JC

Final 4 realness even though I hate four way lipsyncs.

WALLY

Oh goshh the 4-person lip sync.  :dead: But i don’t mind as i really like or love everyone of this Top 4 so I was here for this. :haha: Naomi brought the supermodel flavor and style with her performing. Chi Chi was fun, sassy and brought some fun humor in how she performed. Wow this was Kim Chi’s first lip sync? Her performing was okay but kinda my least favorite of the four? I do like the uniqueness she brought. Bob slayed her performance and I thought she managed to stand out amongst the four. I thought all four of them were really fun and entertaining to watch. One of my favorite 4-person lip sync battles.

CHRIS

I actually enjoyed this LSFYL - I thought everyone did a good job, and Chi Chi really shined in it. 

REI

Just okay. The Realness is not one of the best RuPaul songs

DEREK

The "move into the house" move done together after talking about it in Untucked was cute. But besides that, this is nothing

ANDY

We all know how I feel about more than 2 people lipsyncing at once...

--------------------

07. CYNTHIA LEE FONTAINE VS. ROBBIE TURNER - "MESMERIZED"

4be22750facc479e93b3717c2a90c852.gif 0bc0ca1cbd9fbe0a2909b78ba870b302.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 06.82

@JC - 3
@FrogLenzen - 4

@Solaris - 4

@#jeah - 6

@*Chris - 6

@*Lily - 6

@Elliott - 7

@~Tom~ - 8

@~*8Kay8*~ - 10

@*Wallace - 10

@.Rei - 11

JC

Robbie turned it out with those skates

DEREK

One of the fastest wins in drag race history. Robbie won with one word: "wheels." I hated Robbie but there is no denying that this is iconic. Even with Cynthia in the worst outfit in history I have to rank this high

ANDY

Denali WISHES. (Jk Denali is f*cking amazing but Robbie Turnter’ed this shizz out)

CHRIS

The only thing I like from Robbie Turner. 

ELLIOTT

"Wheels." It was in that moment Cynthia received her first lip sync assassination. (Her second was up against P-E-P-P-E-R b*tch you know the rest)

WALLY

Very cool that Cynthia and Robbie got to perform a Faith Evans song in front of her. Robbie’s rollerskating through the performance was fun and entertaining. Lol at her breaking one of the lights…. yikes. Omgg at how Robbie roller-skated off the stage… .scary. Cynthia was fun, but kinda messy and all over the place. I wasn’t particularly impressed by either. I get that Robbie was better so she deserved to stay although I liked Cynthia more. 

REI

Take the Rollerblades out and it’s all just pretty mediocre

--------------------

06.  ACID BETTY VS. NAOMI SMALLS - "CAUSING A COMMOTION"

aB2oZtzOgU9tK3aYI5HoTDTD7_igi8EvXlwmpTAAXu0M2nm04jErwSOf8Xo_7bD7OdBAfDcZzhgOOAvJwm2lBdhDNVwfpTBg5kD5eqtaRGd5VH3Bt5fMsX4KLQ30aFN27qBtJiUwRQYGV1FUASPuYNM7 naomi_lip_sync.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 06.73

@~*8Kay8*~ - 2

@#jeah - 4

@*Lily - 4

@~Tom~ - 4

@FrogLenzen - 7

@.Rei - 7

@*Wallace - 7

@JC - 8

@*Chris - 10
@Elliott - 10

@Solaris - 11

ANDY

“I’m not about to go home to Acid Betty.”

DEREK

Acid Betty did fine, and I didn't really want her to go this early, but this was the beginning of Naomi Smalls killing this season and it was the right choice between the two. I love Naomi lol

REI

Naomi was pretty good

WALLY

This was a good lip sync but not a super memorable one to me. Acid did fine but i thought Naomi really ha a lot of star power and performed really well. She was showing off her best asset of her legs…. to the highest degree.  She just has that star quality so was a deserving winner here. omg what the heck at Acid looking like she was going to give birth? I was so confused. Omgg I think I remember really disliking Acid Betty so I was pleased she left after this.  :haha: 

JC

Love Naomi.

CHRIS

Not my favourite lipsync although I thought Naomi did a great job, and I wish Acid Betty would have stayed longer cause she actually turned it on the runway.

ELLIOTT

Naomi.

--------------------

05.  KIM CHI - "FAT, FEM, ASIAN"

tumblr_o7fv28DLTo1qlvwnco10_400.gifv tumblr_o7fv28DLTo1qlvwnco5_500.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 05.64

@JC - 1

@.Rei - 3

@Solaris - 3

@*Chris - 4

@Elliott - 4

@~Tom~ - 5

@~*8Kay8*~ - 6

@*Wallace - 8

@#jeah - 9

@*Lily - 9

@FrogLenzen - 10

JC

YAAAAAAS

REI

Awesome!

CHRIS

Iconic song, and a fierce performance.

ELLIOTT

Fun.

WALLY

This was such a unique and intriguing performance from Kim Chi. It has a doll-like quality to it. But I do really like how the song builds up in the pre-chorus/chorus part of this. Kim did well with her lip sync. She isn’t one of the stronger performers and didn’t do too much dancing but she did well with what she was given to engage the audience. I was surprised with her dancing in the breakdown part of the song. Loved the audience reaction there. Not one of my favorite performances overall but was fun to watch.

ANDY

I mean this was fun and she tried her hardest, lol.

DEREK

This song is iconic. The performance is fine. 

--------------------

TOP 4:

source.gif8x4 08x04 season 8 GIF - Find on GIFER

200w.giftumblr_o6b6yzIuFI1ub9peqo1_400.gifv

AND I AM TELLING YOU I'M NOT GOING TO

CALL ME

I DON'T LIKE TO SHOW OFF

YOU MAKE ME FEEL (MIGHTY REAL)

Fine spot for “The Realness.” Still this was one of the better 4-way lip syncs. lmao of course Andy ranks it last though.

“Mesmerized” ranked a little too high for me but at least it shows up now.

Fine with “Causing a Commotion” ranking. Yayy for all of the Naomi love for this one!

Fine with the Kim Chi solo although a little high for me. But I do get the love for this from certain rankers. I'm just glad Bob has the highest ranked solo lip sync.

A really strong Top 4 here. I think this might be my actual Top 4 or at least close to it? I think it is, in fact. So yayness for this here! :ohyeah:❤️

9 hours ago, *Lily said:

I didn’t love the final lip sync format in S7 and S8 but if there’s any of them I’m glad has made it this far, it’s Bob’s!

great top 4!

Aww I actually loved the original solo song lip syncs on those seasons. I thought those were fun and got to show the queens as music artists. :haha: I wish it was done in more seasons. But yes Bob's was definitely the best of those. :yes: 

7 hours ago, Elliott said:

In case anyone was wondering, the final count for lip syncs in S13 was 22. 😐

YIKES. I'm not going to rank 22 lip syncs. :dead:  LOL. 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Aww I actually loved the original solo song lip syncs on those seasons. I thought those were fun and got to show the queens as music artists. :haha: I wish it was done in more seasons. But yes Bob's was definitely the best of those. :yes: 

YIKES. I'm not going to rank 22 lip syncs. :dead:  LOL. 

Denali Rupauls Drag Race GIF - Denali RupaulsDragRace Rpdr - Discover &  Share GIFs