Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 2

fbf8a487-92ba-41e4-a942-1bd4fd517491_500x281.gif

08. ALASKA, DETOX & KATYA - "IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN"

9dc9aff5d8b245950b414b551a1faec6.gif d5eae6b83f4eb3eb108198f9fc189db6.gif e6622d163eee57a568af83f59ab5303c.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 6.56

@*Wallace - 3

@*Lily - 4

@Elliott - 7

@.Rei - 7

@Solaris - 7

@~Tom~ - 7

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 8

@JC - 8

WALLY

This was a nice and classy lip sync battle between the Final 3 and it was all so different from the other battles. I felt that Alaska brought a sensual flirtatious feel to her performance. I felt Katya was really emoting and feeling all that she was lip sync. It all felt like it came from her heart. Detox performed very well and connected well with the song. She brought the emotion and was feeling it too. I’m usually not huge on Detox’s performing but this was probably my favorite lip sync performance. All 3 did great and it’s hard for me to choose a favorite as I enjoyed them all here.

LILY

An excellent choice of song to close the season. I'm not the biggest Detox fan but she murdered this. All did pretty well though.

REI

Meh.

ELLIOTT

Boring.

CHRIS

Not generally a fan of final lipsync, and this one is no exception.

JC

I mean they were just standing around pretending to sing a diva ballad, not much more than that.

----------------------

07. ALASKA VS. KATYA - "LE FREAK"

tumblr_ofazaaa4xU1qlvwnco7_500.gifv tumblr_ofazaaa4xU1qlvwnco10_r1_400.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 05.33

@*Chris - 3

@Elliott - 3

@JC - 3

@.Rei - 4

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Solaris - 5

@~Tom~ - 7

@*Lily - 8

@*Wallace - 8

CHRIS

Always enjoyed this lipsync - often come to mind when I think of AS2, and I just love Katya's look in this.

ELLIOTT

Well at least Alaska deserved to win this lip sync.

JC

Loved this lipsync, Alaska with her body shape and heel at the end was iconic.

REI

Alaska was hilarious!

LILY

Fun, although I spent more time watching the backing girls.

WALLY

This was a fun battle between Alaska & Katya.  I thought they both brought a fun comedic feel to the performance. Alaska had a fun costume change with the scissors and then she went all out crazy with some off her movements. I enjoyed all of the silly personality that Katya brought here too but she did kinda fade towards the end of this. Alaska did have more comedic moments so I get how she won.

---------------------- 

06. ALASKA VS. PHI PHI O'HARA - "GOT TO BE REAL"

alaska-phiphi.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 05.33

@FrogLenzen - 2

@*Lily - 3

@.Rei - 5

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@Elliott - 6 

@*Chris - 7

@JC - 7
@~Tom~ - 8

DEREK

Phi Phi slayed but how can you beat Poundcake??? You just can't.

LILY

Phi Phi was robbed! She totally sold this. I'm still in my feelings about the judges eating up Alaska's 2-in-1 moment which was just... not a 2-in-1 look, more just an opportunity to show Lil Poundcake.

REI

Both were great but Alaska just demolished it!

WALLY

Oh wow…. Alaska’s make-up was truly something here. She was all in this scary clown get up and really lived up to the character she was looking like. I wasn’t much of a Phi Phi fan the season but she did have that bad girl Disco diva look and really sold the song well. She really performed like a pop star whereas Alaska performed like a hilarious comedic character. They both brought such different energies. For this song, Phi Phi was the winner for me - so I disagreed with Alaska winning this.

ELLIOTT

CAN YOU BELIEVE RUPAUL, WITH HIS MENCHANT FOR THE OVER-THE-TOP MANUFACTURED DRAMA, LET ALASKA ELIMINATE ALYSSA AND NOT PHI PHI RIGHT BEFORE THE COMEBACK EPISODE? I know we still got the drama but imagine how much more iconic Phi Phi getting double elim'd would've been if she had just eliminated Alyssa.

CHRIS

See JC comments - not a terrible lipsync but it doesnt measure up to the other lipsyncs; I did enjoy it though. 

JC

There wasn't really a bad lipsync this season, this just wasn't as good as the others.

----------------------

05. ALYSSA EDWARDS VS. DETOX - "TELL IT TO MY HEART"

XjlQeK.gif BaggyEnchantedIbis-size_restricted.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 04.78

@*Lily - 2

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 4
@JC - 4

@~Tom~ - 5

@*Chris - 6

@.Rei - 6

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 6

LILY

Alyssa won on the first lyric. That being said, Detox did well, and bonus points for the iconic bop of a song!

ELLIOTT

Alyssa Edwards is reality TV gold, and she knew just how bothered everyone was going to be if she (rightfully) saved Katya.

JC

Alyssa slays per usual, Detox's body rolls were gorge.

CHRIS

Alyssa slayed and Detox did good, but I preferred other lipsyncs more. 

REI

I feel like I want to like this more than I actually do

WALLY

Alyssa vs. Detox in a lip sync battle.. there’s no question I preferred Alyssa in this. Detox in that futuristic outfit was pretty cool and she did perform decently.  I thought she connected with the lyrics and gave a heartfelt rendition with it. This isn’t one of my favorites from Alyssa but she still  performed this like a true pop star. I enjoyed how she performed and owned the stage. She had some exciting an fun dance moves & splits here. So yeah I agree with Alyssa winning this battle.

LOL I love how Lily and I said the same thing pretty much on Detox on “If I Were Your Woman.” :dead: But lmao yikes @ my #3 being the first one to show up.

Once again…. glad Lily & I are on the same page once again with ranking “Le Freak” at #8. We are such outliers in these first two rankings. :lmao: 

Lol such polarizing rankings for “Got to Be Real” receiving rankings at #2 through #8.

Fine with “Tell It to My Heart” coming in at 6th.

Lol oh dear…. my #7 is still remaining which I already forgot what it was. :lmao: But at least my #1, 2 and 4 are still left. 

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 2

fbf8a487-92ba-41e4-a942-1bd4fd517491_500x281.gif

04. DETOX VS. KATYA - "STEP IT UP"

image-asset.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 04.56

@JC - 2

@.Rei - 3

@Solaris - 3

@~Tom~ - 3

@*Chris - 4

@Elliott - 5

@FrogLenzen - 7

@*Lily - 7

@*Wallace - 7

JC

SO HAPPY Katya won one. She kept getting bested by Alaska which made me upset, even though I like Alaska. Obsessed with Katya in this  ❤️ 

REI

Katya killed it!

CHRIS

Is JC living in an universe where Katya won this lipsync? Because if so, I am living in that universe too. Anyway, Katya in this is a mood and should have won. 

ELLIOTT

Well of course Detox won when Ru knows who picks whose lip sticks.  🙄 Though could you imagine the drama~ if they had let Detox change her lip stick after the lip sync like she said she wanted to do when she initially regretted picking Alyssa's over Roxxxy's? ALSO STILL CAN'T BELIEVE RUPAUL, WITH HIS PENCHANT FOR OVER-THE-TOP MANUFACTURED DRAMA, ALWAYS GAVE ROLASKATOX AN EASY OUT. SMH.

DEREK

This is a terrible lip sync song

LILY

I think both of them had really great moments here but otherwise I did feel it was maybe a little lower in energy than I'd have hoped.

WALLY

This was a really fun lip sync battle from Detox and Katya. OMG Katya on the “henny” part that was done 3 times really cracked me up. :dead:   Detox brought a good high fashion look and then had that costume reveal that had the judges shook. A memorable moment but I felt that was all she had? But then she did hr signature jaw movement expressions thing that kinda annoys me. :haha: Overall I preferred Katya here and thought she was more entertaining to watch. I would have had her win this. I do feel bad for Katya losing all 3 of her lip sync for your legacy battles when I don’t think she was any word than Alaska or Detox in these. :( 

----------------------

03. ALASKA VS. KATYA - "CHERRY BOMB"

NNsMhh6.gif?noredirect

AVERAGE SCORE: 04.33

@Solaris - 2

@.Rei - 2

@~Tom~ - 2

@*Wallace - 2

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6

@JC - 6

@*Lily - 6

@Elliott - 8

REI

I actually prefer Katya in this but both were amazing!

WALLY

It was interesting seeing Alaska and Katya performing a lip sync for your Legacy once again. I thought both Alaska and Katya performed this really well. But i got more of the classic 80s rocker chic from Katya and thought she brought that performing and character really welll here. But I also love the high energy and rocking attitude that Alaska brought here. I especially loved how she built up her performance and went all crazy towards the end. A great battle - could have been a toss up as I enjoyed what they both brought here.

CHRIS

It's a great lipsync but it's hard for me to rank it any higher than this - I think Elliott's write-up lay out why.

JC

Alaska has a perfect record just because she can make Ru laugh. Not my favorite, but some creativity here.

LILY

Drag! Is not! A contact sport! Other than that, it's a great lip-sync where they both performed well.

ELLIOTT

DRAG. IS. NOT. A. CONTACT. SPORT. Unless you're Alaska. Literally licking on your opponent and purposefully sabotaging them. Look, I like Alaska. Among the IDF rankers, I'm probably one of her bigger fans.

But we all already know she was the pre-chosen winner for AS2. Her winning this lip sync was just a terrible look for the show. And we already knew Katya had no chance of winning this because she CORRECTLY chose to save Tatianna WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN IN THE BOTTOM TWO OVER DETOX'S F*CKING TALKING TRASH CAN COMMERCIAL WTF RUPAUL after Roxxxy had flopped four of the six challenges.

Honestly... who TF cares if Tatianna had missed half of the season by that point? Same Parts, her stand-up with Detox, Shut Up and Drive, Tea With Tatianna and the T-Boz inspired look >>>>>>> Roxxxy's run to that part. Also SMH @ Roxxxy telling Alaska and Detox she wanted to improve her reputation with the fanbase, and then they kept her around knowing the fans would not approve. (And also the show cutting Alaska specifically saying she was cutting Tatianna because she had missed episodes... the shade.)

Also Alaska winning Cherry Bomb with Detox and Roxxxy as the bottom two would've been AMAZING television. RuPaul, step aside and let ME produce because you are missing the obvious.

Anyway Katya should've won this, Tatianna was robbed, Detox should've been in the B2 to begin with, and I just have a lot of feelings over this lip sync which is why I'm ranking it last!!!

----------------------

02. ROXXY ANDREWS VS. TATIANA - "SHAKE IT OFF"

tumblr_of9h5jMOdv1qlvwnco4_500.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 04.11

@*Chris - 2

@Elliott - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Solaris - 4

@~Tom~ - 4

@*Wallace - 4

@JC - 5

@*Lily - 5

@.Rei - 8

CHRIS

Super fun song & lipsync, it really set up the season in terms of LSFYL. 

ELLIOTT

Default ranking as nothing compares to Shut Up and Drive. But Tatianna is in it so it's my #2.

WALLY

Both Roxxxy and Tatianna performed this song really well. This was a strong battle on both ends and either of them would have been worthy winners. However, I do prefer the high energy and dancing that Roxxxy brought here. I do think this was Roxxxy’s best moment of her underwhelming AS2 run. 

JC

Obsessed with this song, and Queen Tati was in it so WERK!

LILY

Fun opening lip-sync, they both did a good job!

REI

Neither embodied the real essence of the song.

----------------------

01. ALYSSA EDWARDS VS. TATIANNA - "SHUT UP & DRIVE"

tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o1_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o2_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o3_400.gifv

tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o4_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o5_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o6_400.gifv

tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o8_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o10_400.gifv tumblr_odz8fhVrAk1rosb88o9_400.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 01.00

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 1

@JC - 1

@*Lily - 1

@.Rei - 1

@Solaris - 1

@~Tom~ - 1

@*Wallace - 1

CHRIS

Flawless. Honestly, just read Wally & Elliott's write-up for my thoughts.

DEREK

Who's going to tank it? Couldn't be me

ELLIOTT

giphy.gif

Truly THE lip sync of Drag Race! This lip sync went viral and was my introduction to Drag Race, so I'm ranking it #1 without a single hesitation. Underrated gem is right after Ru also brings Alyssa back, you can see Roxxxy mouthing "It's you" to Phi Phi. :dead: 

JC

This is obvs the best. Two epic queens slaying an epic song by an epic artist. It better be the first ever unanimous #1! :wub: 

LILY

I mean.. duh. Should have just crowned them both after this.

REI

I C O N I C

WALLY

So  this Alyssa and Tatianna lip sync battle is probably THE MOST obvious winner for a season game and if it does win, it 100% deserves to. Hopefully no one out there decides to tank this as that would be criminally wrong. This was one of those lip sync battles I heard and knew of before properly watching the show. But what is there to say about it that everyone hasn’t said? This was truly an ICONIC lip sync battle between two slayage performances of Alyssa and Tatianna. Both were fighting for their lives to re-enter the competition…. AND. THEY. DELIVERED. ⚠️  I am sure some may say this is the greatest lip sync performance ever on the show….. I can’t really say as i don’t like making bold statements like that but I can’t argue it either. 

To be honest, I was expecting Alyssa to slay this as I think  she’s one of the best performers ever on this show - but Tatianna wasn’t going to be outdone and BROUGHT it too! I love how they both performed and lip synced the song but not only that they both brought killer dance moves and choreography that was all so exciting to watch! I loved all of the dancing they did on the bridge section of the song - with all of their spins, twirls, hair flicks and jump split into the air moves.  :omg:  They both slayed and earned their spots back into the competition.

• Like 1

As always…. it’s great seeing Lily & I on the same page with our lower rankings regarding “Step It Up.” Nice having Derek joining us this time. :giggle:

Aww I would have liked for “Cherry Bomb” to come in at #2 but oh well. Wow all those #2s yyet those middle rankings and #8 made it drop down. But “Shake It Off” is a worthy #2 so not mad here.

Wow “Shut Up and Drive” really pulled it off and had the perfect 1.0 average! :omg: I am glad no one did any funny business of tanking this as this did truly deserve to win. :yes: This may be the only time we get a 1.0 score so this is something to cherish! :clap: