The Best Vocalist The Voice Has Ever Seen

deszfan88

16 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yeah it happens every season and that's hilarious to me :haha:. I bet some people genuinely think Maelyn doesn't have power in her voice 😂

If it didn’t happen on the show, it didn’t happen. 😂 

What if someone has a lot of range, but I don’t like their tone. Do I still have to include them on the list? Hell no. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

On 12/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, Hsamid said:

Kymberli I agree she had messy moments, but don't recall an overall performance being messy.

Kyla Jade, only one I can think of is This is me. But she was also crying during the performance.

Yeah that was my thinking. Kymberli never really had a messy performance but had messy moments and Kyla’s this is me was an absolute mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, echoap said:

Maelyn used to have one IG video going full "screamer" mode and it was crazy good (and effortless). 

In this specific case I think it would have been well received because she's got a heavenly tone + that little twang that makes Minivan crazy. In fact part of me was hoping she could sing a soul classic so this kind of thread would have been unnecessary in the future but here we are 🤷‍♂️:haha:

I remember that. That's why I still have her in the top 5 best vocalist list.

I agree that many people tried to hold themselves back just to not be labelled as "Screamer". Wendy tried to do that during the lives until the SF. Jordan tried to do that as well and only performed top-tier level during the Semifinals(I mean compare his off-show Halo cover with his On-show Halo performance). Maelyn did that too.

And Cam did that too.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan

• 1 year later...

I'm burned out by this topic, not gonna lie. Maybe i kind of envy how some people can identify things that make a vocalist standout like range, and all these technical stuff. I can't, i just go for what sounds good to me.

But if i have to contribute to this topic, and if we are gonna add someone from this past season, let me just say that everything that this woman sang on the show was just delightful to my ears. Maybe she is not even in the Top 50 vocalists of this show, i i have no idea, but she is one of my personal favorites ever.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2021 at 7:31 PM, echoap said:

Maelyn used to have one IG video going full "screamer" mode and it was crazy good (and effortless). 

In this specific case I think it would have been well received because she's got a heavenly tone + that little twang that makes Minivan crazy. In fact part of me was hoping she could sing a soul classic so this kind of thread would have been unnecessary in the future but here we are 🤷‍♂️:haha:

omg wait i did not see this coming lol. her voice always seemed a bit limited on the show so this is surprising

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

But if i have to contribute to this topic, and if we are gonna add someone from this past season, let me just say that everything that this woman sang on the show was just delightful to my ears. Maybe she is not even in the Top 50 vocalists of this show, i i have no idea, but she is one of my personal favorites ever.

I started those topics to see what IDF thought, but I don't prioritize vocals either.

Jordan & Tess are my #1 male and female, but after them, all of my favs in the top 5 aren't that typical mind boggling type of vocalists. (e.g, Juliet, Morgan, Rachel, Reagan, Kyndal, Sawyer, Todd, etc... )

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Another addition from Season 22, just, wow! 

For this season definitely agree. But I think Kim's range is pretty limited, especially compared to previous powerhouse singers. This is coming from a huge Kim fan.

Of course, range isn't everything, but when talking about technical ability it's pretty important especially when the singers with wider range are able to stay just as pitch perfect.

I think of Kim more as a smart vocalist that makes cool and interesting decisions along with her distinct tone (which to most is more important anyways) more than a technical beast. Which she also is, but were comparing her to the best of the best.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

For male singers, I think Omar Cardona has an argument based on show performances.

I still think Jordan is number 1. But Omar is in the next tier of singers contending for 2nd spot imo.

I mean. His belting and the agility he has up there is incredible. See radioactive with all the runs he pulled off while belting.

Let's also not forget his breath control which might be the best of any male singer on this show. After constantly belting throughout the second half of "my heart will go on"  he still found enough air to sustain a note for 16 seconds. That's the 2nd longest sustained note in the voice history after Tessanee.

The things holding him back imo is he wasn't as consistent as some other great male vocalists, and his lower register, while not bad, isn't that impressive.

I also think he doesn't do as much vocally as others. I don't remember him using falsetto or any harsh vocals, and he doesn't a lot of color to his voice.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but it sometimes sounded like he lacked "oomph" in his belting. Even though they really high and were sustained incredibly. It might just be his tone though.

Either way, he was awesome and represented rock better than almost anyone on the show.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

For male singers, I think Omar Cardona has an argument based on show performances.

I still think Jordan is number 1. But Omar is in the next tier of singers contending for 2nd spot imo.

I mean. His belting and the agility he has up there is incredible. See radioactive with how agility he has while belting.

Let's also not forget his breath control which might be the best of any male singer on this show. After constantly belting throughout the second half of "my heart will go on"  he still found enough air to sustain a note for 16 seconds. That's the 2nd longest sustained note in the voice history after Tessanee.

The things holding him back imo is he wasn't as consistent as some other great male vocalists, and his lower register, while not bad, isn't that impressive.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but it sometimes sounded like he lacked "oomph" in his belting. Even though they really high and were sustained incredibly. It might just be his tone though.

Either way, he was awesome and represented rock better than almost anyone on the show.

He's def one of the best for me.

I think he lacks Falsetto, and like you said his lower register wasn't that impressive, so that's why I can't include him in the top tier with Jordan. But he's still Amazing, and I do think he's next in line with singers like Josh K, Chris B, Davon, etc...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He's def one of the best for me.

I think he lacks Falsetto, and like you said his lower register wasn't that impressive, so that's why I can't include him in the top tier with Jordan. But he's still Amazing, and I do think he's next in line with singers like Josh K, Chris B, Davon, etc...

I actually just added that to my post as you quoted me lol. That and lack of harsh vocals. A lot of the best like Jordan, Davon and Chris have showcased it, even if sparingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

I mean. His belting and the agility he has up there is incredible. See radioactive with all the runs he pulled off while belting.

I also think he doesn't do as much vocally as others. I don't remember him using falsetto or any harsh vocals, and he doesn't a lot of color to his voice.

Yup, he's definitely a top-tier male vocalist for the show. I agree that there are some who surpass him, but yeah, that 16 second note is insane.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, Gustavo527 said:

I'm burned out by this topic, not gonna lie. Maybe i kind of envy how some people can identify things that make a vocalist standout like range, and all these technical stuff. I can't, i just go for what sounds good to me.

People like to nitpick, but Morgan is absolutely a top tier vocalist. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise. I’d say she’s easily in the top 2-3 of this season, if not #1. Some will argue for one or two of the others, and a case can be made for, or against them. Some things are just subjective, and it often just comes down to what the individual likes to listen to. I’m not only basing it on her performances on this show, but the countless videos I’ve watched of her singing live, off the show. She’s money. 

• Like 4

On 12/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, TeamAudra said:

People like to nitpick, but Morgan is absolutely a top tier vocalist. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise. I’d say she’s easily in the top 2-3 of this season, if not #1. Some will argue for one or two of the others, and a case can be made for, or against them. Some things are just subjective, and it often just comes down to what the individual likes to listen to. I’m not only basing it on her performances on this show, but the countless videos I’ve watched of her singing live, off the show. She’s money. 

Pretty much a unanimous opinion on here save for a few detractors, and that's just based on show performances.

It's very rare that a contestant is able to showcase all of what they're capable of, or even close to replicating their best work off the show. Morgan is no different.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ayanna Joni comes to mind.

Omg why didn't I think of that??? "No Tears Left To Cry" is the best performance in The Voice history, and I enjoyed every single bit of it! Comeback coach Kelsea Ballerini definitely helped her so much to deliver such slayage :wub:

Edited by Ottoxxx

3 hours ago, Ottoxxx said:

Omg why didn't I think of that??? "No Tears Left To Cry" is the best performance in The Voice history, and I enjoyed every single bit of it! Comeback coach Kelsea Ballerini definitely helped her so much to deliver such slayage :wub:

tbh her four-chair audition singing “Sorry Not Sorry” is really underrated :wub: I mean, she sang the lead AND backing vocals on the chorus! Such talent that woman has.

• Haha 2