TMS Week 10 Discussion Thread - The Semi Finals - The Super Six

Tori Kelly  made  it to hollywood on Idol  in season 9  though missed making it to the top 24.

That was a brutal show with the triple elimination. Seahorse being cut was the biggest disappointment because I thought she had a chance to win the whole thing let alone make the finals. If not for the format in which the two remaining contestants from each group faced off against each other, I think she would've been in. As for the other two cuts, I thought they were fair. Jellyfish was the weakest of the group, though I did appreciate her story and liked seeing her improve each round. I wonder if she's had any vocal training. 🤔 Popcorn had a fun performance; however, Sun was a powerhouse, so it was easy to see she (Popcorn) would be on the short end.

Speaking of Sun, I think she has to be the favorite, especially with Seahorse out. However, I think Mushroom could potentially give her a run for the money.

Ken getting two people correct in the same season? That has to be a first. :haha:

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

Disappointed Tori is out especially over Croc considering their identity. 

Anyway, been rooting for Sun cause she's one of my all-time favourite singer - she truly deserves all the love she's been receiving. ❤️  

Seahorse missing out on the finals is such a joke. 😢 :broken:  I don't understand why they went with this messy format. It was bad enough with the lopsided groups, but why do face-offs to determine who makes the finals, rather than the overall lowest vote getters? It was also bad enough to eliminate half the Super 6 all at once. :closedeyes:  It's so disappointing because there is no doubt in my mind Seahorse would have made the finals if not for this format. :/  And it is extra annoying to me since my two favorites had to battle each other with only one allowed to make it. :( 

This season's format is also lending itself to several less performances from each contestant than last time. :unsure: Crazy that those who made it to the Semi-Finals only sang four times. I really hope they sort out all these issues next season. :(  

On a positive note, I'm super happy Tori got all this recognition for her amazing talent. ❤️ 

3 hours ago, bswanson said:

terible elimination format. should have been all 6 sing them voting at end 3 will least amount of votes goes home. the fact that Tori Kelly isnt in the finale is just wrong/ worst elimination in masked singer hisotry. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

Seahorse missing out on the finals is such a joke. 😢 :broken:  I don't understand why they went with this messy format. It was bad enough with the lopsided groups, but why do face-offs to determine who makes the finals, rather than the overall lowest vote getters? It was also bad enough to eliminate half the Super 6 all at once. :closedeyes:  It's so disappointing because there is no doubt in my mind Seahorse would have made the finals if not for this format. :/  And it is extra annoying to me since my two favorites had to battle each other with only one allowed to make it. :( 

This season's format is also lending itself to several less performances from each contestant than last time. :unsure: Crazy that those who made it to the Semi-Finals only sang four times. I really hope they sort out all these issues next season. :(  

On a positive note, I'm super happy Tori got all this recognition for her amazing talent. ❤️ 

While not fan of the format, I assume they did the format this year was due to Covid-19 and try to keep interaction as littler as possible without having too many people at the studio at the same time.

Each duels were already in their respective bubble, I would assume. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, *Chris said:

While not fan of the format, I assume they did the format this year was due to Covid-19 and try to keep interaction as littler as possible without having too many people at the studio at the same time.

Each duels were already in their respective bubble, I would assume. 

Thanks for sharing this idea. That's unfortunate, but does make sense and obviously people's health and safety is most important. 

• Like 1