Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Mamoswine

Image result for Mamoswine gif

Mamoswine is a mammoth pokemon from Generation 4.  It is the final evolution of the Swinub line, evolving from Piloswine when it knows the Ancient Power move.  This was a new evolution as the swinub line came out in Gen 2.  Mamoswine is scary, those eyes man.  He is an ice/ground type pokemon.  It only has resistance to poison attacks, but it has immunity to electric moves.  It is vulnerable to fighting, fire, water, grass and steel.  Its got a solid attack stat, so giving it moves like Earthquake.  It can also use Ice Fang effectively, but there arent many ice type physical attacks outside of that one.  Its a solid addition to a team if you need an ice and/or a ground type.  Its just not my personal preference for those slots.

Save: Zacian

Pyroar

Image result for pyroar gif

Pyroar is a fun Pokemon from Gen VI. It evolves from Litleo, and it has different appearances based on gender just like real lions. I like how they gave the female Pyroar the ponytail so that its design isn't too bare. Since it's part fire type, I think the red/yellow makes them stand out so it's nice that both genders got it. I just got off the phone with Tina Burner, and she told me her next runway look was going to be based on Pyroar since she loves the coloring so much. Pyroar is cool, but it's part normal type which is dumb. I don't know why they started mixing normal types, I've said it before and I'll say it until I'm dead. Pyroar is the only Pokemon line with a 1 to 7 ratio of males to females. As in, there are 7 females for every 1 male. They want to make the male version rarer. Usually they make the females much more rare so that's fun. It learns your typical fire moves but it also learns cool stuff like Echoed Voice and Hyper Voice.

Save Hatterene

Edited by FrogLenzen

CROAGUNK

croagunk.gif

Croagunk is a dual Poison and Fighting type introduced in Gen IV. Croagunk evolves into Toxicroak when it reaches level 37. Classified as the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, Croagunk’s design seems to be inspired by the poison dart frog. According to the Pokédex, Croagunk’s cheeks hold poison sacs. This poison can become medicinal after it’s diluted. Croagunk is also a Pokémon known to not fight fairly, but this is just to ensure its survival. It will hit opponents who flinch with a poison jab. In addition, Croagunk and its evolved form are the only Pokémon with its typing. While unique, this makes them the only Pokémon twice as weak to Psychic attacks. Sorry to any Croagunk fans, but out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Salamence.

tenor.gif

Edited by Steven_

Stufull

Spr_7s_759.png

I changed my cut because I actually remember using Noctowl when I played Gold/Silver. :haha: Stufful is adorable but adorable is going to cut it at this point of there is no attachment.  Stufful is a dual-type Normal/Fighting Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves into Bewear starting at level 27. Stufful is known as the Flailing Pokémon. IT'S SO CUTE. :broken:Stufful is a quadrupedal Pokémon resembling a bear cub. Its body and head are mostly pink while its legs are brown...

WE INTERRUPT THIS WRITE-UP TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS INDECISIVE HO CAN'T MAKE UP HER MIND AND IS ONCE AGAIN CUTTING NOCTOWL. :dead:

Noctowl

Spr_3e_164.png

Noctowl is a dual-type Normal/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Hoothoot starting at level 20. Noctowl is known as the Owl Pokémon. Noctowl is an avian Pokémon that resembles an owl. It has light brown plumage with a darker brown pattern of triangles on its chest. Noctowl's Shiny form is the first Shiny Pokémon to appear in the anime. Noctowl seems to be based on horned owls. Noctowl is a combination of nocturnal and owl. Stufull can thank @Solaris for being spared. :haha:

Save: Wartotle

Stuful

250px-759Stufful.png

Never was a fan of it and I think I have nominated it a few times already so, yeah, that energy. It's a normal/fighting pokemon (stop doing normal+anything ffs), and it has a decent base HP and Attack, mediocre everything else. It also has Fluffy as an ability which is lowkey terrible, idc about the halving of contact damage, adding a new weakness through a skill is just abysmal (it's very Defeatist ability vibes), especially with Fire attacks being pretty damn common. The other ability is also terrible, so your best bet is the hidden ability which is just bonkers, why go this against a pokemon from the get-go? So yeah, not a fan.

Save: Houndour

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Pyroar is cool, but it's part normal type which is dumb. I don't know why they started mixing normal types, I've said it before and I'll say it until I'm dead.

Probably because a normal type gives an immunity to ghost. Which makes things a little bit more interesting. (And a weakness to fighting).

e50d58645554336be9b8685a8fdd6449.gif

Frogadier

Normally I'd cut Mawile. I don't like it. But as we all know, Dee is away at war (Grad School) and we all hope him to have a safe return and not see all his favorites cut. So I'm cutting Frogadier which is one of the evolutions of the Gen VI starters, namely Froakie. It evolves from Froakie at level 16 and to Greninja at level 36. I'm a fire-type kind of lady who NEVER chooses the water-type starter (I've occasionally chosen grass like my boy Grookey) and thus I have no attachment to the Froakie line. There's not much to say about Frogadier which is known as the bubble frog Pokemon. Despite the fact that all my grad work is on frogs (AMA later) I don't have an affinity for them in Pokemon. I barely have an affinity for them IRL. Also the best Frog is Venusaur. Don't @ me. But yah. The Froakie line is popular because Ash had one in the anime. 

Saving: Mawile