Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Meloetta

Image result for meloetta gif

You snooze you lose! I missed Tangrowth but also I'm kind of gagged that it was two rankers' first cut choice from this list!!!!! Meloetta is yet another mythical, let me check what Gen this from... okay, Gen V. So instead of just Victini, we are also saddled with this thing, Keldeo, and Genesect. Let's all agree that Victini is the only mythical from Gen V and move on. Anyway, Meloetta is normal/psychic type, which is kind of tired because normal + anything is lame and also Girafarig exists already so it's not even a new type combo. Oh, apparently when it's in the orange "pirouette" mode it's normal fighting type. I don't love it. She's kawaii but something about it doesn't really look like an actual Pokemon to me, just a random anime thing. She changes form when she uses her signature move, Relic Song, which is a normal move that does damage and has a chance of putting the opponent to sleep. 

Save Wobbuffet

Zorua

Image result for Zorua gif

Zorua is a very cute fox-like pokemon.  Its main schtick is that it can glamour itself into other pokemon.  This makes it a particularily interesting pokemon to have on your team.  Its weird when you have a pokemon using attacks it shouldn't be able to use, thats zorua for you.  Zorua is a dark type pokemon from Gen 5.  It evolves into Zoroark at level 30.  I have seen some wild strategies with this pokemon line, but I have not had that kind of success.  I don't think being cute warrent you a spot in the Top 300 though.  Sorry if there are any fans but i believe Zoroark is still in this, so i aint mad!

Save: Blissey

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Meloetta

You snooze you lose! I missed Tangrowth but also I'm kind of gagged that it was two rankers' first cut choice from this list!!!!! Meloetta is yet another mythical, let me check what Gen this from... okay, Gen V. So instead of just Victini, we are also saddled with this thing, Keldeo, and Genesect. Let's all agree that Victini is the only mythical from Gen V and move on. Anyway, Meloetta is normal/psychic type, which is kind of tired because normal + anything is lame and also Girafarig exists already so it's not even a new type combo. Oh, apparently when it's in the orange "pirouette" mode it's normal fighting type. I don't love it. She's kawaii but something about it doesn't really look like an actual Pokemon to me, just a random anime thing. She changes form when she uses her signature move, Relic Song, which is a normal move that does damage and has a chance of putting the opponent to sleep. 

Save Wobbuffet

I will fight you on Keldeo as the mythical instead (but yeah Genesect and Meloetta can gtfo)

Aerodactyl

tumblr_m28kgbfdZu1qgzv18o1_500.gifv

This Pokemon is definitely one of the overrated Gen 1 Pokemon, so it seemed like the obvious choice to cut out of the remaining nominations. Aerodactyl is one of the original fossil Pokemon with it being based off of a pterosaur. It has a nice purple colored body and its eyes are peeled, adding to the threatening effect. This Pokemon can be obtained by using the Old Amber item to revive it. Anyway, I think this Pokemon might be the most overrated fossil Pokemon (but maybe that title belongs to Omanyte/Omastar as they're literally worshipped as gods lol.) Aerodactyl unfortunately fails to compare to the other nominations and I kind of take every chance I get to cut a Gen 1 Pokemon, so it's time for it to go extinct again.

Save: Hatenna

Regieleki

Image result for regieleki gif

Is Regieleki the last of the Regis? I'm too lazy to check right now, but I *think* it is. Anyways, I actually like the concept that the Regis as a whole were going for, but I also really like Pangoro so combining that with my absolute zero knowledge of Regieleki means that they have the short end of the stick this time so sorry! Anyways, Regieleki, as the name implies, is the electric member of the Legendary titans and was introduced with one of the expansion packs of SWSH. Regieleki has the fastest speed stat of all Pokemon, with a whopping 200. I'm not too shocked by this considering it's made of pure electricity it seems. Otherwise, Regieleki has good attack stats and middling defensive stats. Regieleki's name comes from regis, which is the latin word for royal, and ereki, the Japanese word for electric. I do have to say that I'm almost sad to see Regieleki go, but I'm almost done with this writeup and don't want to have to start over again for Pangoro so sorry to Regieleki and any fans, but their time in this rankdown has come to a close.

Saving Pangoro

• Sad 1