Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Azumarill

Image result for azumarill gif

I had to think hardcore between Azumarill and one of the other choices, but in the end, Azumarill felt like the right cut. Azumarill is a water and fairy (as of Gen VI) type Pokemon who is the evolved form of Marill. Azumarill has pretty okay hit points and defensive stats, but its speed and attack stats are middling. They get access to a pretty decent array of moves, learning rock, normal, water, fighting, and fairy moves by level up. One thing I'll say is that I also quite like Azumarill's shiny, it's a nice almost golden color where they're normally blue. Azumarill's name comes from azure, azul (both shades of blue), Marill, and rill (a small rier or brook) while it's Japanese name, Marilli, comes from marui (round/circular), mari (ball), and ruri (as in lapis lazuli). I might've kept Azumarill a bit longer myself, but this is a pretty good spot for the evolution of Pikablu so sorry Azumarill and any other fans!

Saving Snivy

Torracat

on my phone so I will make this better later. Torracat is the middle evolution of the Litten starter line and as there are still two of the line in the Rankdown and only one Lugia I am making this personally difficult decision. Because Lugia was the star of the second Pokemon Colosseum. Torracat is cool though. Its design is like “I’m the bad boy teenager your mom told you not to hang out with.” Which honestly is a whole aesthetic I wish I inhabited as a teenager except I was a total nerd. Though I was still popular. But like amongst the nerds. Theater nerds. Math nerds. Science nerds. Scholar Bowl. But this isn’t about me. It’s about Torracat. Love it. Wish it could have stuck around but honestly I thought somebody would have saved Lugia before this. SMH.

Lusamine's Pokemon

300px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png     buGmEXo.png

Caterpie

Farfecht'd

Gastly

Mr. Mime

Lapras

Snorlax

Moltres

Furret

Espeon

Raikou

Tyranitar

Tropius

Bagon

Metagross

Prinplup

Empoleon

Shieldon

Floatzel

Mismagius

Garchomp

Lucario

Dialga

Tepig

Samurott

Reuniclus

Froakie

Greninja

Vivillon

Flabebe

Florges

Gogoat

Alolan Sandshrew

Lurantis

Zeraora

Galarian Articuno

Galarian Zapdos

Scorbunny

Cursola

Sirfecht'd

Out of this 39 Pokemon, @Steven_ must choose 14 and put them as nominations! 

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 9 (Lusamine/Steven's Noms)

Dialga

Dialga - Album on Imgur

Dialga, the mascot of Pokemon Diamond. I don't necessarily like it the least of the list of noms but tbh I'm hoping for some sort of secret badge for cutting legendaries or something, idk. Also I'd prefer some other get saved, not that anyone has shown a huge interest in the legendaries from this Gen. It outlasted all the others in the creation gang, including Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus. Dialga is the second-best so it can go now. It's steel dragon type, which is definitely baller. Duraludon is now a steel dragon type so Dialga is less special I guess. It represents Time. TOO HEAVY lol. Time began moving when Dialga was born. Was this necessary? No. But either way Dialga is pretty cool and has cool moves and is in the Darkrai movie and is in the background of Smash Bros. Its signature move is Roar of Time, which is Dragon type and has 150 power but only 90 accuracy. It also learns Iron Tail REALLY late and that's not even a great move lol and you can just use a TM for it. TM it Iron Head instead if you need a steel physical move.

Save Furret

Tepig

Tepig GIF by doctorgecko | Gfycat

I have made it pretty clear, I do not care for the Fire starter lines that have Fighting types on them.  In this case Tepig falls into that category.  Tepig is the gen 5 fire starter.  Its cute-ish like most of the baby forms, but he gross progressively more powerful, but more ugly.  with an 87.5% chance to be male, Tepig evolves into Pignite at level 17, and into Emboar at level 36.  Give me Scorbunny, or Charmander for a fire starter.  Its alright I suppose, but he is eclipsed by other fire starters Litten and Torchic.  Meh, pick Oshawatt or Snivy instead!

Save: Lurantis

8fc.gif

Samurott

Samurott is one of my least favorite starter final evolutions if not my least favorite. Yes, somehow it surpasses all the WRETCHED Gen III. And why is that you may ask? What earns so much of my disdain? Because Samurott is a quadruped. And I'm not like reverse Animal Farm with "2 legs good 4 legs bad" but it's because it makes no cohesive sense. Samurott is supposed to be a sword-fighting mega-otter. It's in the name: Samurai-Otter. It's in the other two members of its evolutionary line which are bipedal otters. Even in that gif from the anime it's longing to stand on two legs. It is supposed to wield swords! It cannot do that when it is a quadruped! It's the reverse Litten! But Inceneroar is cool and Samurott leaves you wanting more! If the entire conceit around it were always 4 legs then we could talk. But until then, I will have eternal beef with Samurott.

Saving: Florges

9445db034cdc250b82460c3278a34988f6fd27a0

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Because Samurott is a quadruped.

AGREEEEEEEE

Wtf happened here with this design. Also I had no idea about it using the arm shells as swords at first because the design gives NO hints whatsoever about this ability. I thought it used its head as a sword at first. How hard would it have been to make it just look like this from the start:

ArtStation - Samurai Samurott, Brian Wallace

32 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

AGREEEEEEEE

Wtf happened here with this design. Also I had no idea about it using the arm shells as swords at first because the design gives NO hints whatsoever about this ability. I thought it used its head as a sword at first. How hard would it have been to make it just look like this from the start:

ArtStation - Samurai Samurott, Brian Wallace

I fear that Pokemon sometimes feels it's getting a little too Digimon with designs when they go Biped. But also a BIPED DESIGN WORKS SO MUCH BETTER for Samurott. I'm glad we agree about this