Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Croconaw

Image result for croconaw gif

Croconaw is pretty cool overall and I like it roughly the same amount as I like Copperajah, but Sola expressed wanting the latter saved and I don't remember anyone vouching for Croconaw so here we are. Croconaw is the evolution of Totodile and the pre-evolution of Feraligatr. Croconaw comes from the words crocodile and gnaw, and its Japanese name, Alligates, comes from alligator. I have to say, overall, I think Croconaw's line is my favorite of the Johto starters since I have a bias towards reptilians (you can imagine how hard of a time I had with Kanto, which had all the starters be that way lol). Something that I'm noticing looking at the sprites is that Croconaw underwent a design change between GS and Crystal in that originally its first crest on its head was flattened. It went from

Spr 2s 159.png   to  Spr 2c 159.png.

Anyways, beyond that, Croconaw is apparently banned from being traded in BW unless you nickname it. Croconaw is able to learn a decent variety of moves, learning normal, water, ice, dark, and fighting moves naturally and learning many other types via tms. Anyways, I'm kinda bummed to see them leave this rankdown, but Croconaw has outlasted roughly 600 Pokemon at this point, so kudos to them!

Saving Copperajah

Edited by hayden98

Kabutops

250px-141Kabutops.png

Better late than never. While it wasn't a super rough set of noms, I felt about the same about every pokemon left, and I'm a firm believer in the power of Helix, so I will kill the competition since Omanyte/Omastar are gone already. It's a rock/water pokemon (the only time you will be thrilled to have grass type moves), tbh overall I like the fossil pokemon of Gen I, they are surprisingly useful even if the rock typing hinders them more than helps them. Kabutops is also decently fast compared to most rock pokemon which adds to the appeal. It will still die to a solar beam, but hey it's something.

Save: Hydreigon

• Sad 1

Cyrus's Pokemon

400px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.pngt5Cvref.png

Ivysaur

Blastoise

Vileplume

Haunter

Cubone

Chansey

Vaporeon

Aerodactyl

Zapdos

Dragonair

Feraligatr

Politoed

Wobbufett

Blissey

Ho-Oh

Ludicolo

Absol

Roserade

Lopunny

Tangrowth

Glaceon

Porygon-Z

Gallade

Oshawott

Krookodile

Zorua

Eelektross

Meloetta

Pangoro

Amaura

Decidueye

Primarina

Galarian Weezing

Grookey

Cinderace

Yamper

Hatenna

Frosmoth

Regieleki

Out of this 39 Pokemon, @1234567890 must choose 14 and put them as nominations! 

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 9 (Cyrus/Victoria's Noms)