The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Or, maybe we just have different taste? Wow, imagine that? You seem overly concerned about what I think all the time. What’s up with that? :haha:

Overly concerned? Please. 

it’s just that you always have polarizing comments/thoughts

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Yet more song reviews

• Victor sounded better in the studio and they Bandzilla'd the bajeebus out of the poor man - I still think he'll get the PV (never underestimate the power of HBCU alumni networks) but besides Kenzie, he's the one I'm most confident will make it to next week given John seems attached to him.
  • Jordan nailed it, and based on the body language in his performance, he knows it - should he get the PV or CS, it will be well-deserved.
  • Anna was just fantastic. Sh*t, I do not envy Blake tomorrow night trying to pick a coach save. 
  • Pete got the most bizarre song choice of the evening, but he sounded fine. He was probably the weak link on Team Blake, but he was still very good nonetheless.

Side note: for Rachel on Joni, I'm hoping to see "River" since "Both Sides Now" and "A Case of You" are Addison songs and I feel like having Addison as a known inspiration for Rachel might cause Rachel to lean too much into that instead of sounding like herself.

Plus River is one of those heart-tugging, sad, love-gone-wrong songs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harmat said:

We always talk about the Blake bat signal on this thread, but I just realized I can't even identify it when he does it.  I can read the other coaches much easier, but Blake's comments confuse me. 

He gave some pretty high praise to Cam, his comments to Anna felt sincere, he got up and stood beside his chair for Jordan, so I can't tell. Did he pull the signal tonight or no?

That was the weird part.  He didn't seem to sound out the call at all tonight.

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

it’s just that you always have polarizing comments/thoughts

Polarizing? Or maybe just because you have wildly different taste? Why do you always come after @TeamAudracomments lol 

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Wow lol must suck to think so much negative  thoughts 🌚

lmao I’m trolling

Well, for the record, I liked several performances tonight, and said so in the show thread. I’m sorry if they aren’t the same ones you liked. LOL

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

the way he spoke to her it might be possible, i hope so!

Except.... it's unusual for a coach to save a non-original member of his team over an original one, IIRC. That's why I see her for the wild card. But I have absolutely no track record with predictions, so take this statement for what it's worth, which is zero.🙃

Just now, Rodney said:

That was the weird part.  He didn't seem to sound out the call at all tonight.

Tinfoil hat time here:

If he signals for Cam, he looks like he doesn't care about his old buddy Pete.

If he signals for Pete, he looks like he's playing favorites with his old buddy.

If he signals for Jordan, the people still upset about Ethan will be pissed off.

If he signals for Anna, he comes off as not caring about his OG team.

There's not really a win here, unfortunately (though signaling for Anna or Cam would likely be the two less controversial options).

I tried to vote but since I live in Canada (which is like right next to America why u no allow us to vote) I wasn't allowed to.

Then, Disney in the YouTube comment section said to use "Hotspot VPN" which I had on my Ipad, so I used it and I was allowed onto the voting page.

I made the account, casted 10 votes for Gihanna, and then when I pressed submit it said "you're not eligible to vote"

They tricked me 😂

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

This might be unpopular (lol), but I really appreciate TeamAudra’s thoughts. They may come across as negative to some, but I find them realistic and insightful. 

Some are, but majority aren’t (to me)

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This might be unpopular (lol), but I really appreciate TeamAudra’s thoughts. They may come across as negative to some, but I find them realistic and insightful. 

Same. They provide a much needed counterbalance to everyone else here, they're so grounded when it comes to their thoughts. I appreciate their presence.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, British Man said:

I tried to vote but since I live in Canada (which is like right next to America why u no allow us to vote) I wasn't allowed to.

Then, Disney in the YouTube comment section said to use "Hotspot VPN" which I had on my Ipad, so I used it and I was allowed onto the voting page.

I made the account, casted 10 votes for Gihanna, and then when I pressed submit it said "you're not eligible to vote"

They tricked me 😂

Get a VPN. NordVPN is pretty good, and the price is reasonable. It'll make you look like a good ole American!

Part of why I enjoy discussions on IDF is because though a lot of us have similar opinions, not everyone does - without some contrast, we become an echo chamber, which isn't as sustainable for long-term participation.

Back to tonight: what team do we think will have the best shot of winning the Wildcard? I'm torn between Kelly and Blake, but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Part of why I enjoy discussions on IDF is because though a lot of us have similar opinions, not everyone does - without some contrast, we become an echo chamber, which isn't as sustainable for long-term participation.

I'd rather we all think the same.  I HATE contrast.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Back to tonight: what team do we think will have the best shot of winning the Wildcard? I'm torn between Kelly and Blake, but I could be wrong.

I think if it's between Corey and any team Blake member, Corey will win WC

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'd rather we all think the same.  I HATE contrast.

Without contrast, we lose the nuances that allow for discussion and debate.

Contrast can be frustrating at best, so I can see why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally enjoy it as long as nobody's being blatantly disrespectful of others' opinions.