The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

1. Ciana/Denisha

2. Anna/Ainae (Blake drama)

3. Gihanna/Halley 

4. Victor/Deion (Apparently the later flopped, but I wouldn´t think the 2 montages would be John battles. Still, not counting it out)

5. Pete/Savanna C (Pete´s KO song gives me the idea that they might not treat him that well, but he can still get shown)

6. Kenzie/JD

7. Zae/Lindsay

If I had to bet on it (which I never would), I would probably put my money on the Ciana/Denisha battle and the Victor/Deion battle, since 3 of the 4 artists in these two battles supposedly flopped. If they don't want to montage two Team Legend battles, then maybe the Pete/Savanna battle. I don't think they would montage the LindZae battle since that was shown in the battle advisors video and they definitely wouldn't montage the Kenzie/JD battle because it's a country act. 🤔

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

If it wasn't Emma, who do you think might've got Blake's save ?

From what I´ve heard, probably Savanna C, although it´s difficult to tell without seeing the rest of his battles.

I would have loved him to save Aaron, but sadly they left him for last in the taping. 

Also, while I thought Emma was good, I believe she got lucky that she was in his first battle taped.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Savanna or Aaron. Maybe Avery, but something tells me they discussed before that battle and Kelly agreed to save her steal for that one. 

19 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Probably Savannah, I don't think Blake loves the idea of having an all male team. 

The Cam blind really threw the biggest twist into this season though. Like obviously the Kelly block of Blake and getting Kenzie was consequential, but Kelly blocking Blake for country, and then being the second choice coach is a semi-predictable occurrence. Cam on team Blake due to both a Nick block, and then a really good Blake pitch...changes up the predictableness of the season.  

Cam killed it! He made me enjoy this performance a lot! Not much to say here, pretty one-sided battle and all the criticism Emma got from the coaches and IDF is on point.

Fun fact: Blake always uses his save asap because he "believes in all his contestants" so, if you're the first Team Blake battle performance, you're gonna be fine lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, echoap said:

Cam killed it! He made me enjoy this performance a lot! Not much to say here, pretty one-sided battle and all the criticism Emma got from the coaches and IDF is on point.

Fun fact: Blake always uses his save asap because he "believes in all his contestants" so, if you're the first Team Blake battle performance, you're gonna be fine lol. 

I just checked the spoiler threads for S17 and S19, yes, you are pretty much right about this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had Aaron´s battle gone first for Team Blake, the save would have gone to him, and I would have preferred it that way honestly.

Blake´s saves in S18 and S19 were very deserved in my opinion. In fact, I thought both of them should have won their respective battles.

• Like 2

Watched the leak - Cam was great (which I hoped given his blind + pre-show work but wasn’t confident on because of the song choice) and Emma really stepped it up. Solid harmonies here and both sounded good on their solo bits too. Though I preferred Cam in this instance, the amount of improvement Emma showed between her two performances definitely doesn’t make the save unwarranted.

I’d give Cam an A- (only because his blind was fantastic and this didn’t quite reach that same level for me) and Emma a B+ (big step up, just not as strong as Cam overall since she seemed a tad unsure of herself on stage even though vocally I don’t really have any complaints). More even grades-wise than I expected, tbh. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I’d give Cam an A- (only because his blind was fantastic and this didn’t quite reach that same level for me) and Emma a B+ (big step up, just not as strong as Cam overall since she seemed a tad unsure of herself on stage even though vocally I don’t really have any complaints). More even grades-wise than I expected, tbh. 

If only there was a thread on IDF where you could grade S20 performances... :giggle:

Was able to catch the promo on FB in case y"all haven´t seen it. And it shows Jordan vs Keegan will be on Monday. So we have our 2 Team Blake battles set. Since they can´t go with a 2 hour episode with a coach completely shut out, that would confirm Pete vs Savanna C are safe from the montage, and will be shown in full next Monday, meaning Blake would have his battles intact this season.

So, for this Monday we have so far:

B: Cam vs Emma

J: Zania vs Durrell

K: Corey vs Savanna W

B: Jordan vs Keegan

We would be missing 2 battles, a Nick one (probably Zae vs Lindsay, based on her IG post), and either a John or a Kelly one (This practically guarantees that the two montaged battles will come from their teams)

Also, here´s the promo in case y"all want to rewind Zania and Durrell´s snippet until Monday lol:

https://www.facebook.com/NBCTheVoice/videos/1175101226236655

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Why 2 Blake and Nick battles when they already got 2 each for the premiere?

Because Blake's now become the new special snowflake who apparently must never get montaged.

Nick . . . I can't give you an answer for him.

But this definitely means that Kelly's getting at least one Battle montaged a week from Monday, and that finally, John's getting that treatment, too.  (Remember that his only prior montage was Matt New vs. Max Boyle in season seventeen's Battles.)  Though it was probably easy to do that with John since neither his Battles nor his Knockouts had steals come from them.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So with Pete/Savanna C and Bradley/Rachel (based on the feedback) safe, this are the battles that are still in danger of being montaged:

Team Kelly: Anna/Ainae, Gihanna/Halley, Kenzie/JD

Team Legend: Ciana/Denisha, Victor/Deion

Well, John's montage is obvious.  Ciana and Denisha both flopped, and nearly nothing good was said about their Battle.  That one's the easy montage candidate for his team.

For Kelly . . . I don't know.  If Kenzie is intended to be her main horse, then I think that he and J.D. will have their Battle aired.  That, plus the fact that, over the seasons, it seems to be female vs. female Battles that TPTB choose as the easy montage sacrifices (which very much sucks).  So I definitely think that Ainae vs. Anna Grace and Gihanna vs. Halley are the main two Kelly Battles in danger of the montage.  I likely think that Ainae vs. Anna Grace will be the one to get aired, though, since the coaches had more positive things to say about it than Gihanna vs. Halley.  Plus, the latter Battle was so unevenly matched and given a song that fit neither one of them.  It just makes sense for Gihanna and Halley's Battle to get montaged.

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Well, John's montage is obvious.  Ciana and Denisha both flopped, and nearly nothing good was said about their Battle.  That one's the easy montage candidate for his team.

For Kelly . . . I don't know.  If Kenzie is intended to be her main horse, then I think that he and J.D. will have their Battle aired.  That, plus the fact that, over the seasons, it seems to be female vs. female Battles that TPTB choose as the easy montage sacrifices (which very much sucks).  So I definitely think that Ainae vs. Anna Grace and Gihanna vs. Halley are the main two Kelly Battles in danger of the montage.  I likely think that Ainae vs. Anna Grace will be the one to get aired, though, since the coaches had more positive things to say about it than Gihanna vs. Halley.  Plus, the latter Battle was so unevenly matched and given a song that fit neither one of them.  It just makes sense for Gihanna and Halley's Battle to get montaged.

Then Victor/Deion are safe. I hope they surprise me in a good way like Jose/Awari did. I think they´ll be on next week though, and John will only have 1 battle this Monday.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So with Pete/Savanna C and Bradley/Rachel (based on the feedback) safe, this are the battles that are still in danger of being montaged:

Team Kelly: Anna/Ainae, Gihanna/Halley, Kenzie/JD

Team Legend: Ciana/Denisha, Victor/Deion

Ciana/Denisha is getting montaged. There's no question about it. 😌

I still think that TPTB would montage Victor/Deion since Deion apparently flopped. It would make more sense to montage that battle and air all of Kelly's battles, since nobody on her team flopped (that I know of). However, if a Team Kelly battle has to be montaged, it will be the Gihanna/Halley battle. They probably wouldn't montage the Kenzie/JD battle (classic country song + positive feedback from sources) or the Anna/Ainae battle (positive feedback from sources). 🧐

Edited by disney1024