The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ahhh Blake... once again short on the females...this is why I don’t like your team.

No jk LMAO tbh I was coming to post my battle pairings (specifically for Team Kelly since her team is the one In the most familiar with) but then I remembered some of her past pairings....Madeline vs Eli, Skylar vs Tanner, Tayler vs Jules, and I’m not even trying to guess lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

If Victor sings his audition song the way he did on his IG, I'll never forgive Kelly for not giving him a four chair turn. 

I really don't understand the hate that Kelly is getting for not turning for Victor, especially when most of you guys haven't actually SEEN the audition yet. Getting a 4-chair-turn doesn't actually help the artist in any way, apart from giving them bragging rights. Nobody's more or less likely to win if they're a 4-chair-turn. Jake Hoot won season 17 despite only having turned one chair during the blinds. Carter Rubin just won season 19 even though he only turned 2 chairs during the blinds. 😌 

I don't know much about Victor but, if he was singing a John Legend song during the blinds, his first choice would've been John anyways. So there's really no point for Kelly to turn for him. Just like how Kelly didn't turn for Zach Bridges in season 17 because he was singing Blake Shelton's "Ol' Red". 😉

• Like 1

Just now, disney1024 said:

I don't know much about Victor but, if he was singing a John Legend song during the blinds, his first choice would've been John anyways.

Also, if you wanted John Legend to turn for you, the stupidest thing for you to do would be to sing one of his own songs, based on how picky he has been in the past with these matters. Case in point, he didn't turn for Rose Short in season 17 and she ended up coming in 4th place. In season 18, he stupidly let go of Thunderstorm during the knockouts and he ended up coming in 3rd place on Team Nick. Both of those artists sang John Legend's "Preach". 🧐

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

In season 18, he stupidly let go of Thunderstorm during the knockouts and he ended up coming in 3rd place on Team Nick. Both of those artists sang John Legend's "Preach". 🧐

Queen Mandi was better, she didn’t mess up during her performance. :yes:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Seems you are Team Blake again this season huh? lol. I have quite a few favorites so far on his team, Pete included. Hopefully the ones he lets go gets stolen so they could have a better chance on another team. But yeah, Pete having the Blake connection might help him.

I guess so! Hopefully Blake actually pushes for those two moving forward.

Everyone does realize that singing a cover in your bedroom for social media and singing a song on The Voice stage for famous celebrities with their backs turned are two completely different things, right? So it's really hard to determine who will flop and who will "carry" their teams. Besides, they do get coaching between the blinds and the battles so literally anyone's fair game for the lives. That being said, I will probably have higher expectations of the artists who turned 3 or 4 chairs, and the artists who coaches used their blocks on. 🧐

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Everyone does realize that singing a cover in your bedroom for social media and singing a song on The Voice stage for famous celebrities with their backs turned are two completely different things, right? So it's really hard to determine who will flop and who will "carry" their teams. Besides, they do get coaching between the blinds and the battles so literally anyone's fair game for the lives. That being said, I will probably have higher expectations of the artists who turned 3 or 4 chairs and the artists who coaches used their blocks on. 🧐

Facts. People are convinced on some of the frontrunners due to chair turns (sometimes a good indicator but many times not)...should I remind y’all AGAIN of Liam St John, Lain Roy, Kelsie Watts, Rio Souma (he wasn’t talked about much but he was a 3 chair turn like many of the “frontrunners” this season.). On the flip side, Madeline, Chloé, Bailey, were thought to be fodder and ended up going pretty far, further than expected for many of y’all...so keep that in mind! Cant wait for the unexpected twists lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Facts. People are convinced on some of the frontrunners due to chair turns (sometimes a good indicator but many times not)...should I remind y’all AGAIN of Liam St John, Lain Roy, Kelsie Watts, Rio Souma (he wasn’t talked about much but he was a 3 chair turn like many of the “frontrunners” this season.). On the flip side, Madeline, Chloé, Bailey, were thought to be fodder and ended up going pretty far, further than expected for many of y’all...so keep that in mind! Cant wait for the unexpected twists lol

You forgot Marisa Corvo lol 😂

Lain Roy is a really good example of this because, if you listen to his covers on social media and/or his blind audition, there's no way you would've thought that he would be quickly eliminated in the battles 😭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I’m getting a feeling that Corey Ward is the dark horse this season, i think the guy can pull a Makenzie Thomas, he has a nice tone and his way down we go cover was not bad at all. I really think he can be someone to look out for.

I have a feeling that he’s just going to be battle fodder. :giggle:

• Haha 1