The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Just checked on those two country singers. Kenzie(Team Kelly) is a Tanner 2.0. The other guy Avery(Team Blake) has a bit of versatility but I need to check more in order to make sure.

I disagree actually. I find Kenzie much more interesting than Avery and kind of feel like he'll be the stronger one of the two. I could be wrong since I'm not super into country, but Kenzie seems like the one that they'll pimp the most.

Once I heard about Kenzie I felt pretty certain that they were going to bus Tanner or make sure he was eliminated so that they could pimp Kenzie in S20 without having Kelly's frontrunner being a country male twice in a row.

• Like 4

These might not be popular opinions but morepersonal taste

Really liking Pia Renee on team John too. Actually remember her audition on Idol and it was really good....then she disappeared in Hollywood Week like that.

Like Raine and Lindsay alot tooo

Emma Caroline may seem like fodder but did see her audition and loved it. (check out her insta too, her bf is very cute...)

Pia and Raine give me Payge vibes...

Edited by katybay

I mean I hated the s17 format since the saves in the battles were almost pretty much doomed before their performance in the knockouts. In general I hate the save idk why (particularly in battles)....it just feels like the artist has zero chance afterwards (4WKO or not)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I disagree actually. I find Kenzie much more interesting than Avery and kind of feel like he'll be the stronger one of the two. I could be wrong since I'm not super into country, but Kenzie seems like the one that they'll pimp the most.

Once I heard about Kenzie I felt pretty certain that they were going to bus Tanner or make sure he was eliminated so that they could pimp Kenzie in S20 without having Kelly's frontrunner being a country male twice in a row.

Kenzie will resonate well with the main audience and actually has a better chance at making the Finals. But he isn't vocally strong. tbh neither is Avery but he is at least versatile.

I just need to check more covers/originals to make sure because Both are four chair turners so both must be very good.

• Like 1

Some thoughts.....

Haven't seen much talk for the following contestants: Halley Greg, Rachel Mac. I don't think they'll go far but I dig them.

The two 4-chair country singers don't sound very special to me.

Wow there's a lot of RnB this season. Out of the pack, I think Zae, Victor, Dana, and Gean will be the standouts. I like Pia though, she gives me Payge vibes if Payge was RnB.

I LOVE THE INFLUX OF TALENTED INDIE GIRLS LMAO. Anna Grace, Lindsay, and Halley are my favorites of that crowd. I didn't really find Ryleigh that special but she might surprise on the show.

I literally looked at Aaron and thought: okay this is MJ's fave #1. Then looked at Pete and said MJ's fave #2. I was right 😂

Gihanna Zoe is a really good pop/RnB singer. She reminds me of Larriah with more polished vocals.

I feel like Corey might be fodder. Props to him for getting a turn the second time arouns though.

• Like 3

I really think they might do a 3 way KO on each team and then the coach picking one winner in the 3 way KO.  Just like in season 15(Kym, Zaxai, Nataisa) it was so fun tbh. So I think they might do 2 steals in the battles now. With A coach comeback and a steal happening in the knockouts or even a save in the knockouts as well?! 

For the lives Top 20- 12-11-10-8-5/4

Edited by VoiceTakeover890

2 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I really think they might do a 3 way KO on each team and then the coach picking one winner in the 3 way KO.  Just like in season 15(Kym, Zaxai, Nataisa) it was so fun tbh. So I think they might do 2 steals in the battles now. With A coach comeback and a steal happening in the knockouts or even a save in the knockouts as well?! 

For the lives Top 20- 12-11-10-8-5/4

Is it confirmed that they have a save and a steal for the battles? What if they only have one each ⊙﹏⊙

27 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Wow I actually wouldn’t be mad if they go back to this.

If they had 2 Battle steals, each team would end up with 7 artists (5 winners + 2 steals).  That means KOs could not be pairings.

That’s actually OK with me. I would like to see KOs with the original UK format—every artist on a team sings and then the coach chooses the ones going forward.

I just gave Kenzie and Avery another listen, and I still can’t figure out the hype. Those blinds must have been pretty good, because they’re average at best country vocalists. Kenzie sounds a lot like Dexter, and Avery seems like someone who could struggle live. I suppose one of them will end up winning anyway. :P

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Does he have deep voice? 

9 minutes ago, CoolBriz said:

I haven't check out any info yet on S20 contestants, so wanna ask what are the ages of the oldest and youngest contestants? 

Not sure about oldest, possibly Pete Mroz, but I believe Rachel Mac is 15 and the youngest unless somebody wants to surprise me.

There's an interesting increase in contestants that seem to be in the 18-23/never-winner age?

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

I'm really hoping that season 20 belongs to either Team Kelly or Team Nick. I would love Kelly to get her 4th win this season. Alternatively, I would love for Nick to have his first win on the show. He should've won with Thunderstorm Artis in season 18 imo but that's a whole different story that I'm not getting into rn lol 😅

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I'm really hoping that season 20 belongs to either Team Kelly or Team Nick. I would love Kelly to get her 4th win this season. Alternatively, I would love for Nick to have his first win on the show. He should've won with Thunderstorm Artis in season 18 imo but that's a whole different story that I'm not getting into rn lol 😅

Maybe Kelly has the winner and Nick has the runner-up, or vice-versa. I really want another season finale like season 14, where Team Blake wasn't in the top 2. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Not sure about oldest, possibly Pete Mroz, but I believe Rachel Mac is 15 and the youngest unless somebody wants to surprise me.

There's an interesting increase in contestants that seem to be in the 18-23/never-winner age?

Cassadee and Jordan were in that "never-winner" age range (22,23)

2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Also, if you wanted John Legend to turn for you, the stupidest thing for you to do would be to sing one of his own songs, based on how picky he has been in the past with these matters. Case in point, he didn't turn for Rose Short in season 17 and she ended up coming in 4th place. In season 18, he stupidly let go of Thunderstorm during the knockouts and he ended up coming in 3rd place on Team Nick. Both of those artists sang John Legend's "Preach". 🧐

He also didn't turn for Kalvin Jarvis, who sang one of his songs in season sixteen.

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

There's a lot of r&b this season.

Also there are many black people this season. There's a good chance that one of them wins,

Kenzie is a big problem tho I was there and right when I herd it I was just like damn and then he goes on to getting 4 chairs. So my peoples gotta really step it up. Victor Dana and even Deion ( he SANG that song ) has the best chances so far 

3 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Kenzie is a big problem tho I was there and right when I herd it I was just like damn and then he goes on to getting 4 chairs. So my peoples gotta really step it up. Victor Dana and even Deion ( he SANG that song ) has the best chances so far 

My favorite black people this season are Zae and Gean. Others are good too but I haven't searched much about them and I just wanna be surprise by some when the the blinds air on TV.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 2

• istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic