The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Rachel covering Kacey is again, a decent song choice though I am still waiting for her voice on a Joni Mitchell song. For being someone I was nervous about delivering live, she did an excellent job. I think this might actually be my favorite version of the song from the show, and my favorite Rachel performance so far. She absolutely needs to make the top two for team Nick alongside Dana.
  •  

I hope she gets River // Both Sides Now // A Case of You in the SF.

Just now, BlaqueWorldPartyOn said:

Okay so say Pete got the second highest votes behind Cam but isn’t the Coach’s save he would get wildcard?  And technically the coaches save could be the last place voice right? 

Yes

Example:

PV: Cam

CS: Anna(even if she had 3rd or last amount of votes)

WC: Pete(has at least 2nd highest votes)

Yet more song reviews

• Victor sounded better in the studio and they Bandzilla'd the bajeebus out of the poor man - I still think he'll get the PV (never underestimate the power of HBCU alumni networks) but besides Kenzie, he's the one I'm most confident will make it to next week given John seems attached to him.
  • Jordan nailed it, and based on the body language in his performance, he knows it - should he get the PV or CS, it will be well-deserved.
  • Anna was just fantastic. Sh*t, I do not envy Blake tomorrow night trying to pick a coach save. 
  • Pete got the most bizarre song choice of the evening, but he sounded fine. He was probably the weak link on Team Blake, but he was still very good nonetheless.

Side note: for Rachel on Joni, I'm hoping to see "River" since "Both Sides Now" and "A Case of You" are Addison songs and I feel like having Addison as a known inspiration for Rachel might cause Rachel to lean too much into that instead of sounding like herself.

• Like 2

My realistic dream situation after the playoffs.

Team Kelly

PV: Kenzie (no way this doesn't happen)

CS: Corey

WC: Gihanna

Team Legend

PV: Ryleigh

CS: Pia (I like her potential more than Victor)

WC: Victor

Team Nick

PV: Rachel

CS: Dana

WC: Jose

Team Blake

PV: Cam

CS: Anna

WC: Pete/Jordan (fine either way)

WC winner: Either Kelly or Blake's representative.

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

the way he spoke to her it might be possible, i hope so!

We always talk about the Blake bat signal on this thread, but I just realized I can't even identify it when he does it.  I can read the other coaches much easier, but Blake's comments confuse me. 

He gave some pretty high praise to Cam, his comments to Anna felt sincere, he got up and stood beside his chair for Jordan, so I can't tell. Did he pull the signal tonight or no?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

None of the others on that team brought it tonight. 

Lol ???? You can’t really say this because We barely heard Victor 🤣 I think if we actually heard him well, then he would’ve topped Ryleigh. Because at the end of the day Ryleigh didn’t get a standing O but Vic did.

Not saying Ryleigh wasn’t good, I loved her but was she the best? 

And yes I’m basing a perfomance on coaches response (just in case you decide to go there) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol ???? You can’t really say this because We barely heard Victor 🤣 I think if we actually heard him well, then he would’ve topped Ryleigh. Because at the end of the day Ryleigh didn’t get a standing O but Vic did.

Not saying Ryleigh wasn’t good, I loved her but was she the best? 

And yes I’m basing a perfomance on coaches response (just in case you decide to go there) 

What if I told you I didn’t really like Ryleigh’s either? I’m not picking favorites here, I’m just trying to read the tea leaves. I don’t care about coaches standing. We all know those are staged most of the time. 

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Side note: for Rachel on Joni, I'm hoping to see "River" since "Both Sides Now" and "A Case of You" are Addison songs and I feel like having Addison as a known inspiration for Rachel might cause Rachel to lean too much into that instead of sounding like herself.

I was thinking the same thing before. I feel like Rachel's uniqueness and artistry is showing more, especially in the past few rounds, so I'm confident she can do well even with an Addison song. That being said, River would be excellent for her!!

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Jordan nailed it, and based on the body language in his performance, he knows it - should he get the PV or CS, it will be well-deserved.
  • Anna was just fantastic. Sh*t, I do not envy Blake tomorrow night trying to pick a coach save. 
  • Pete got the most bizarre song choice of the evening, but he sounded fine. He was probably the weak link on Team Blake, but he was still very good nonetheless.

MTE! Anna and Jordan are both excellent choices for coach save - I would be happy if either got it (though I prefer Anna overall)

Just now, TeamAudra said:

What if I told you I didn’t really like Ryleigh’s either? I’m not picking favorites here, I’m just trying to read the tea leaves. I don’t care about coaches standing. We all know those are staged most of the time. 

Staged?? Lol what?? 

If you said you didn’t like neither then I would automatically think your deaf.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Staged?? Lol what?? 

If you said you didn’t like neither then I would automatically think your deaf.

Or, maybe we just have different taste? Wow, imagine that? You seem overly concerned about what I think all the time. What’s up with that? :haha: