Contestants that improve day by day.

allistr

These are some of the contestants  that weren't the front-runners at the start but later on gained that status by delivering solid performances.

* Cassade Pope

* Danielle Bradbery

* Amber Carrington 

* Craig Wayne Boyd

* Chris Jamison 

* Sundance Head 

* Addison Agen

* Chevel Shephard

* Cammwess

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

These are some of the contestants  that weren't the front-runners at the start but later on gained that status by delivering solid performances.

* Cassade Pope

* Danielle Bradbery

* Amber Carrington 

* Craig Wayne Boyd

* Chris Jamison 

* Sundance Head 

* Addison Agen

* Chevel Shephard

* Cammwess

I feel like CammWess wasn't improving per se, but he definitely got better song choices throughout the competition. "Earned It" and "Senorita" just weren't it.

If there was a recent contestant that showed genuine improvement in vocals from round to round, it's Michael Williams from that same season. I didn't like the guy, but you couldn't deny the difference in quality from his Blind, to his Battle, to his KO.

• Like 5

I feel like the majority of the artists that go on this show are already established artists with a fully or somewhat developed musical identity, so you don't really get to see much "improvement" over most of them on and off the show. Some of the teen contestants definitely got better on and off the show, like Danielle Bradbery and Jacquie Lee to name a few, but even a majority of them remained steadfast in their musical niches, like Sawyer Fredericks, Koryn Hawthorne and We McDonald. Personally, I don't watch these shows to see some sort of "growth arc" from raw talents, that's the reason I prefer TV to AI.

To answer the question though, I can definitely see improvement in Todd Tilghman's performance skills and voice during and after his time on The Voice. Comparing footage from his preVoice church performances and his concert residency in Tennessee, you can really tell he's become more confident in his abilities as a singer. And he's gaining more experience as the residency continues.

• Like 5

I'd say Craig Wayne Boyd really improved a lot during his time in Season 7. As disappointing as it was to most people here on IDF that he won, I think he deserved that victory, in my opinion. He certainly had his breakout moments when he sang "I Walk the Line" and "The Old Rugged Cross" during the live shows. He was not perceived as a frontrunner because obviously, Blake let go of him during the battles. Both Craig and Matt deserved to win, though.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’d say Brynn Cartelli. She just seemed to grow more and more after her breakout performance, Here Comes Goodbye. 😊

Can we admit that Kelly is a great coach? I mean, people dislike Chevel and Jake and say the won because they were country (which is true). But, if we look at their auditions, we can see that they both really improved during their runs on the show, that's why they managed to advance more than even other country acts that were not as consistent . (Chevel beat all the country guys on her season, including Blake's "frontrunner", and Jake outlasted both country guys on Team Blake and ultimately, advanced to the Top 13 while Blake's last country singer, Gracee, was eliminated after a meh performance)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Can we admit that Kelly is a great coach? I mean, people dislike Chevel and Jake and say the won because they were country (which is true). But, if we look at their auditions, we can see that they both really improved during their runs on the show, that's why they managed to advance more than even other country acts that were not as consistent . (Chevel beat all the country guys on her season, including Blake's "frontrunner", and Jake outlasted both country guys on Team Blake and ultimately, advanced to the Top 13 while Blake's last country singer, Gracee, was eliminated after a meh performance)

She really is. 😊 I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Chevel is my favorite from Season 15. She has one of the prettiest voices EVER, plus, like you said, she improved so much from her audition. 😀

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

She really is. 😊 I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Chevel is my favorite from Season 15. She has one of the prettiest voices EVER, plus, like you said, she improved so much from her audition. 😀

It may be unpopular with the current group of active posters, but she had her share of fans here during the season. Kennedy’s fans were just louder, because of the disappointment. Hell, I thought Kennedy was going to win too, up until she didn’t get a PV in the bloodbath. As for her audition, I think it’s just a song that didn’t allow her to showcase her vocals much. I’ve heard her sing it post-show, and and it didn’t sound much different. I do think her confidence grew a lot, but I don’t necessarily think she was lacking in that area in the first place. I recall early on, she made a comment on a live stream that her goal is to win the show, and tour with Kelly. Not many took that seriously, but she was very “matter of fact” about it. She expected to win, and it’s a little unusual for any contestant, let alone one of her age at the time, to just lay it out there like that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I recall early on, she made a comment on a live stream that her goal is to win the show, and tour with Kelly. Not many took that seriously, but she was very “matter of fact” about it. She expected to win, and it’s a little unusual for any contestant, let alone one of her age at the time, to just lay it out there like that.

Oh wow, she proved everyone wrong! 😅

8 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh wow, she proved everyone wrong! 😅

Yeah, but what struck me was how she said it, not just that the words came out of her mouth. It really caught me off guard, and honestly, I started to take the idea of her going far more seriously after that. I think this was before her KO aired. After the season, Zaxai commented on Instagram that she was constantly practicing, and was always the first one in the “vocal room,” very early every morning. Needless to say, she took the opportunity very seriously. 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 12:16 AM, Gustavo527 said:

I agree Kelly is a good coach coz she's been there though I hate her choices sometimes but when she have this Idea of her "frontrunner" she makes sure the artist keeps on improving and I just notice that Kelly's win is on the artist with their best performances KO and semifinals

Brynn with here comes goodbyes (KO) and What the world need now is love (semifinals)

Chevel with Travelling soldier (KO) and Blue (semifinal)

And the one don't like that won

Jake with Cover Me Up (KO) Desperado (semifinal) though their duet is really good.

Jej and Micah didn't win because their best is not their KO and semifinals performances LOL.

2 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I agree Kelly is a good coach coz she's been there though I hate her choices sometimes but when she have this Idea of her "frontrunner" she makes sure the artist keeps on improving and I just notice that Kelly's win is on the artist with their best performances KO and semifinals

Brynn with here comes goodbyes (KO) and What the world need now is love (semifinals)

Chevel with Travelling soldier (KO) and Blue (semifinal)

And the one don't like that won

Jake with Cover Me Up (KO) Desperado (semifinal) though their duet is really good.

Jej and Micah didn't win because their best is not their KO and semifinals performances LOL.

Jej didn't even make the semifinals of his season - Rod became her front runner after he got the lone PV from her team in the top 24, and while his semifinals and Cross Battle were decent, he was in a season full of country guys as a country guy.

Micah's KO wasn't great, his playoffs performance was pretty good, and he was okay (not great, but not a total flop) in the semifinals - it was finale night when he doomed himself to fifth place.

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Jej didn't even make the semifinals of his season - Rod became her front runner after he got the lone PV from her team in the top 24, and while his semifinals and Cross Battle were decent, he was in a season full of country guys as a country guy.

Micah's KO wasn't great, his playoffs performance was pretty good, and he was okay (not great, but not a total flop) in the semifinals - it was finale night when he doomed himself to fifth place.

I forgot how Jej didn't make the semifinals but I'm sure she was Kelly's considered frontrunner.

I guess Micah don't want to win though he just served his purpose for people to still hear Alt Rock Music. I think if he want to be a little more competitive he could've done better song at the Finale but instead his two Finale song leans more to Alt Rock. I think in the Finale he just thought also that he don't want another Tayler (AA singers) to be robbed but I guess his plan didn't work still no AA singer won considering he and Todd were the only white guys left.

(I'm just siding Micah here because I never saw someone explaining Micah's side and that he just robbed some spots that should been in the Finale and all were complaints.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I'm pretty sure if he had done in the Finale what he did in his battle and PO he would've definitely defeated cammwess.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, Zainab Tufail said:

I'm pretty sure if he had done in the Finale what he did in his battle and PO he would've definitely defeated cammwess.

cammwess' purple rain was DISGUSTING lmfao he ruined such a good song with his extremely pitchy squeals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Cammwess was pretty rough both times in the finale and Micah wasn't much better - I cringed at his Chasing Cars cover.

i remember feeling unimpressed and bored with micah in the finale (and honestly, i liked micah in his battle, T17, and even his KO), but i felt like cammwess ruined the song lolol, personally i think that cammwess' KO and his cover of "rainbow" gave him the 4th place position over micah (rather than anything in the finale, where they both flopped)

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i remember feeling unimpressed and bored with micah in the finale (and honestly, i liked micah in his battle, T17, and even his KO), but i felt like cammwess ruined the song lolol, personally i think that cammwess' KO and his cover of "rainbow" gave him the 4th place position over micah (rather than anything in the finale, where they both flopped)

Yeah, I agree with this assessment.

• Like 3