The Glee Rankdown (BLAINE ANDERSON, ROUND 2)

*Amanda

SANTANA LOPEZ PERFORMANCES

15. "Survivor/I Will Survive"

3067188647_1_3_M1ea3puf.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2CjN2e1ug

Derek: 4/20

Rei: 10/20

Wally: 10/20

Lily: 11/20

Megan: 11/20

JC: 12/20

Chris: 13/20

Diana: 13/20

Kaley: 13/20

Victoria: 13/20

Priscilla: 14/20

Sola: 14/20

Amanda: 17/20
Elliott: 18/20

Public: 20/20

WALLY:

"Survivor/I Will Survive"

I_Will_Survive_-_Survivor_Naya_28429.gif

Santana & Mercedes have always had such epic and iconic mash-up performances and "Survivor/I Will Survive" is one prime example of that. Both absolutely slay it on this song! :wub: I love how they mash-up a classic in “I Will Survive” with a modern day classic in “Survivor.” Loving Santana’s vocals and how she lights up the stage with her performing. :wub: This is rally such a diva delight of a performance! This is one of the many songs I want to rank higher but it ends up at #10.

LILY:

The Troubletones deserved better. A powerhouse performance which showcased Naya and Amber at their finest.

JC:

Santana and Mercedes slayed this - great mashup!

CHRIS:

Her part in this mash-up is the highlight of the performance, as much as I love Amber Riley's voice.

14. "Cold Hearted"

tumblr_mjr991OeLs1rjfzr8o1_500.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40J42Lk3WFI

Wally: 2/20

Sola: 3/20

Lily: 6/20

Rei: 7/20

Kaley: 8/20

Derek: 10/20

Priscilla: 10/20

Victoria: 11/20

Amanda: 12/20

JC: 14/20

Megan: 14/20

Public: 14/20

Elliott: 16/20

Diana: 17/20

Chris: 20/20

WALLY:

latest?cb=20130925163244TmKc.gif

Yesss I really love Santana’s performance of "Cold Hearted" so much! :wub: I always loved this song/performance but watching this performance a few times over the last few weeks made me realize how much i love it and how much this blew me away. I love it sooo much that it will get my #2 ranking. “Cold Hearted” has everything I love, want and look forward in a Santana performance - sassy feisty attitude, great dancing & stage presence and amazing vocals. This just has everything. :wub: I love how she sings this song in such a sassy and sexy way, and I love her dancing of the choreography here. I’m kinda obsessed with this performance  right now, so I hoe this can manage getting a great spot, in the Top 10 hopefully. :wub:

LILY:

This is EVERYTHING. Now thinking about how Naya said that her solo music was gonna have a lot of inspiration of Paula Abdul and how much we deserved that.

JC:

I love this performance so far because Santana being extra sexy as always. But also gorgeous, sexy Brody is in this too ❤️ Not Santana's most challenging vocal performance, but she does a fabulous job as always.

CHRIS:

I like this performance but I never cared for the song itself so I have to rank it near the bottom. 

13. "Smooth Criminal"

5409e31878fc90e29ec510b3f98d1e320bbca963

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyLmn2moMM

Kaley: 1/20

Sola: 4/20

Victoria: 5/20

Elliott: 6/20

Public: 7/20

Amanda: 9/20

Priscilla: 9/20

Chris: 10/20

Diana: 12/20

Wally: 12/20

Lily: 14/20
Rei: 16/20

JC: 17/20

Megan: 18/20

Derek: 20/20

CHRIS:

Naya's part in this performance is everything! Side note: Never cared for this song but this performance made me love it. 

WALLY:

208e194d27f1e1814b22dbbc9cde33777e0d6a1a

I love the song "Smooth Criminal" in general but wow I never imagined hearing the song in this arrangement, but I absolutely love it! :omg: Santana brings so much sassy attitude and fierceness and she really slays it on this song. I do love Sebastian Smythe on the song and how he & Santana sings this song. They both shine and sing the song well. They have this intense hatred chemistry and really sell it. I really love those big power notes Santana sings on her part of the song and her ad-libs toward the end, which are everything :wub: I actually had this much higher but lowered it down some to #12, as I thought she sang more. She still slayed this!

LILY:

The gay male and the lesbian female characters had more chemistry in this performance than a lot of the straight couples from the show.

JC:

Santana completely slayed The Flash :giggle:

MEGAN:

Lower because even if it's good. I can't get past Michael Jackson anymore. 

DEREK:

love the cellos but otherwise not a fan of this duet arrangement and the blocking is silly

12. "Landslide"

tumblr_inline_n30ge1n68M1qkoa9q.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Vp_7BOKME

Megan: 3/20

Diana: 4/20
Elliott: 4/20

Victoria: 4/20

Chris: 5/20

Priscilla: 5/20

Amanda: 7/20

Public: 9/20

Lily: 13/20
Rei: 13/20

Sola: 13/20

Kaley: 18/20

Wally: 18/20

Derek: 19/20

JC: 20/20

MEGAN:

This is just one of my favorite songs done great. Even if you have to be like "LOL Gwyneth Paltrow." I don't know when this will appear but I have a suspicion I will be one of the higher rankers for a lower ranking song so I want to just add that I hope for the first time (or maybe not) and that it's probably just because I am just so gay and Santana means so much to me. But I think all of Glee's best moments in terms of acting or just at least most of them are when Santana has to deal with her love for Brittany. Whether that's them happy in love, when it's them broken up, when it's them not together. Etc. I can only say so many times that Naya Rivera was the best part of Glee. 

CHRIS:

The vocals and emotions delivered in this song was out of this world. 

LILY:

Ugh I can't believe how low I'm having to rank this but this is just such an incredible top 20. Side-note, not really a Gwyneth Paltrow show, but loved a lot of what she brought to Glee. She sounded beautiful here too, as of course did Naya.

WALLY:

giphy.gif

Ugh this is where it all gets really tricky as I love all of the Santana performances in my Top 18 (and well #19 too). This was a really beautiful and touching performance from Santana, Brittany and Holly Holiday (Gwyneth Paltrow character). It’s another one of those performances where I wish Santana had more of a shining moment in but only Holly really sings lead here so I can’t put it too high. Santana does sounds beautiful, obviously.

DEREK:

gorgeous arrangement but loses points because it has less Santana

JC:

This is pretty, but not one of my Santana favorites.

11. "Nutbush City Limits"

P20150824_010841000_5393BD0E-6C66-4D84-9

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXOse6OoLIA

JC: 2/20

Wally: 4/20

Derek: 5/20
Lily: 5/20

Sola: 5/20

Elliott: 7/20

Megan: 8/20

Chris: 11/20

Public: 12/20

Amanda: 15/20

Priscilla: 15/20

Rei: 15/20

Victoria: 15/20

Diana: 16/20

Kaley: 17/20

JC:

This may not be as popular with other people, but I am obsessed with Santana's voice in this. She SANGS and slays it so much and I love her vibe and rasp in this amazing performance. She's so sexy and fieus and obsessed with her singing in this.

WALLY:

tumblr_ml3sxubZho1qzcnljo2_250.gifvtumblr_ml3sxubZho1qzcnljo3_250.gifvtumblr_ml3sxubZho1qzcnljo4_250.gifv

Santana absolutely SLAYS and crushes on this "Nutbush City Limits.” :omg::dead: I love how she sings and performs this song. She delivers amazing killer vocals and great stage presence with great dancing! I love Santana killing it with the dancing with the cheerleaders - they are all great there but Santana always manages to keep my attention on her. :wub: Santana brings the sass, fierceness and attitude needed for the song. Definitely up there as not only one of my favorite Santana performances but one of my favorites from the show too! I love this performance a ton to give this my #4 spot.a

LILY:

Thinking about how she hadn't even heard of this song before doing it for Glee, and yet still came in and absolutely crushed it.

CHRIS:

An underrated performance!

15. I Will Survive/Survivor: Pleased with this placement as it's near where I ranked it.

14. Cold Hearted Oops, sorry - I never cared for this one :(

13. Smooth Criminal: A jam & I love the arrangement of it. This is a fair placement for it too, as I am not too upset by it due to my ranking of it.

12. Landslide: Way too low & robbed. Some of these low rankings 🙂 

11. Nutbush City Limits: She slayed this, and exactly where I ranked it so no complaints. 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

boo ya santana lopez GIF

CONGRATS TO THE TOP 10!

"Valerie"

"Songbird"

"Back to Black"

"Mine"

"Girl On Fire"

"Don't Rain On My Parade"

"If I Die Young"

"River Deep, Mountain High"

"Rumour Has It/Someone Like You"

"Shake It Out"

Love this Top 10 although there's probably a few weak link, in my opinion. 

Yikes this list is going terribly for me. 🙈 I'm kinda like... yikes. :dead: 

I'm really bummed and sad with "Cold Hearted" and "Nutbush City Limits" showing up and missing the Top 10. :( I clearly absolutely LOVE those both so much. ❤️ 

I am more partial to Santana's upbeat numbers over her ballads (though i love both) so I'm bummed a lot of my fave uptempos from hers have shown up already. :( 

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

12. Landslide: Way too low & robbed. Some of these low rankings 🙂 

I could say the same at your Cold Hearted ranking. 🙂 :claybleh:

But with "Landslide,"  I love it but there wasn't enough Santana vocal in ti for me - where it was too much Gwenyth for me to rank it higher. :shrug: That was kind of how I factored most of my rankings, pretty much.

32 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I could say the same at your Cold Hearted ranking. 🙂 :claybleh:

But with "Landslide,"  I love it but there wasn't enough Santana vocal in ti for me - where it was too much Gwenyth for me to rank it higher. :shrug: That was kind of how I factored most of my rankings, pretty much.

Fair enough - I just don`t like the song #SorryNotSorry

ANd fair enough - I took into consideration the role it played in Santana's storyline on the show, as well.  

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

any song that has santana looking at brittany sadly that many times deserves a high ranking.