The Glee Rankdown (BLAINE ANDERSON, ROUND 2)

*Amanda

Sent. ❤️

85d27c216f2077c6b1507bb2a512d0c8.gif

This was a reminder of Naya's talent and drive. She was an amazing person and a hero in her last moments. A talent taken way too soon. She will be remembered as Santana Lopez but she will always be remembered as a talented woman, an amazing mother, a wonderful daughter and amazing friend to those close to her. Naya loved her fans and I hope she realized the importance she had on them. ❤️

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was the same. 😢

I wonder if it's the same song, but I am sure it is. 😢 

9 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Sent. ❤️

85d27c216f2077c6b1507bb2a512d0c8.gif

This was a reminder of Naya's talent and drive. She was an amazing person and a hero in her last moments. A talent taken way too soon. She will be remembered as Santana Lopez but she will always be remembered as a talented woman, an amazing mother, a wonderful daughter and amazing friend to those close to her. Naya loved her fans and I hope she realized the importance she had on them. ❤️

Beautiful post. ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

All rankings have been averaged and we have a winner! Gonna work on the first set of 5 right now. ❤️ 

Ooooh excited to see how this all turns out! ❤️ 

SANTANA LOPEZ PERFORMANCES

20. "Hand in My Pocket/I Feel the Earth Move"

ShorttermAnyAfricanelephant-size_restric

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIB_D6THtIY

Derek: 11/20

Elliott: 14/20

Diana: 15/20

Amanda: 16/20
JC: 16/20

Megan: 16/20

Sola: 16/20

Public: 17/20

Chris: 19/20

Priscilla: 19/20

Kaley: 20/20

Lily: 20/20

Rei: 20/20

Victoria: 20/20

Wally: 20/20

JC:

I hate putting a Santana/Brittany collab this low, but compared the others songs, it just finished lower, but they are so adorable together.

CHRIS:

Not my favourite mash-up but I still enjoyed it but not as much as other songs in this Top 20. 

LILY:

This is such a great vocal performance from both Naya and Heather and I don't listen to it enough honestly.

WALLY:

ShorttermAnyAfricanelephant-small.gif

This was a fun performance but also the only one in this Top 20, I personally don’t really care for. i would have preferred many other Santana songs in here but oh well. So an easy #20 for me. But it is always great seeing Santana & Brittany perform together.

19. "Love Song"

tenor.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDuLEAF9kcQ

Diana: 6/20

JC: 10/20

Sola: 11/20

Amanda: 14/20

Derek: 14/20

Public: 15/20

Chris: 17/20

Priscilla: 17/20

Victoria: 17/20

Wally: 17/20

Rei: 18/20

Kaley: 19/20

Lily: 19/20

Elliott: 20/20

Megan: 20/20

JC:

Santana is the star of this performance, sorry Rachel :giggle:

DEREK:

love the trio arrangement... I just love trios lol

CHRIS:

A performance that I enjoyed but it doesn't hold up to the rest of this Top 20. 

LILY:

Ok but the way this show paid Dianna Agron dust? I would like to have that conversation (in the Quinn round). Lea, Naya and Dianna all sounded so great here together.

WALLY:

"Love Song"

Lovesong_santana.gif

J8AN.gif

I may have caused some ~controversy of ~not liking~ Diana’s “Love Song” advancement but that’s not the case as I do still really love this performance. I just had bigger favorites in the round. I do love this performance and loved seeing Rachel, Quinn and Santana all singing together. They are all so cute together in this. Santana sounds great and beautiful as usual.❤️ I'm just ranking it on the lower end at #17 because this feels a bit Rachel heavy and I would like/need more Santana to rank it higher. But loving there friendship in this. :wub:

18. "The Boy Is Mine"

tenor.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JMQhM6xzzc

Derek: 7/20

Rei: 9/20

Public: 13/20

Chris: 14/20
Wally: 14/20

Kaley: 16/20

Lily: 16/20

Priscilla: 16/20

Elliott: 17/20

Megan: 17/20

Sola: 17/20

Diana: 18/20

JC: 18/20

Victoria: 18/20

Amanda: 19/20

CHRIS:

An excellent duet!

WALLY:

"The Boy Is Mine"

K1pY.gif

MbIF.gif

I LOVE and am always HERE for every single Santana & Mercedes duet that happened on Glee. They have two of my favorite voices on the show and always sound so great together. I love their duet of “The Boy Is Mine” which is such an iconic late 90s jam, and it’s tricky deciding where to rank this. I hate ranking this so low at #14 but it just ended u that way. :( I’ll focus on Santana here and i love her vocals and attitude she has in this song.  She makes it all so effortless here.

LILY:

The birth of something iconic, with Mercedes and Santana teaming up. It's not as iconic to me as a lot of the others here, hence ranking it a little lower, but obviously any Brandy/Monica representation I am here for.

MEGAN:

Great until you think about how it's Mercedes and Santana arguing about...Puck. 

JC:

A great Santana/Mercedes collab, and she slays in this duet. Just lower compared to Santana's strongest Glee songs.

17. "La Isla Bonita"

tumblr_lz2boekm841qa8mq1o1_500.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqKGHNzUy4

Kaley: 4/20

Wally: 6/20

Lily: 8/20

JC: 11/20

Rei: 12/20

Sola: 15/20

Chris: 18/20

Derek: 18/20

Priscilla: 18/20

Public: 18/20
Elliott: 19/20

Megan: 19/20

Victoria: 19/20

Amanda: 20/20

Diana: 20/20

WALLY:

tumblr_lz6uqhSwPX1r21961o1_250.gifv

300?cb=20120829220432

Yayy I’m sooo happy that "La Isla Bonita" is in the Finals. This was my choice to send through to the penultimate round, as I was worried that this might have gotten cut. And a big #bless to Rei advancing it into the finals! I love how Santana did a hot spicy Spanish song with David Martinez (Ricky Martin’s character) and not to mention this song reminds me of Mya’s Iconic Salsa from DWTS. So nothing but good memories on this song. :wub: Anyway, Santana and Ricky sell this song and have great chemistry on this. Santana sings this song and performs it in such a sensual and sexy, I love it from start to finish. :wub: I love their Salsa dancing and how she sings a little bit in Spanish! ❤️ This will get my #6 spot, which again I hate ranking so ~low as I want to rank it higher.

LILY:

Naya and Ricky Martin ended Will Schuester and his inadequacy of being a Spanish teacher!

JC:

Ahhh I love this Latin flavah, Ricky Martin + Santana = UNF :bobo:

CHRIS:

Super fun performance, but one of the weakest from this Top 20. 

16. "Me Against the Music"

ShorttermSnarlingEyra-size_restricted.gi

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV27Z7-0R2A

Elliott: 3/20

Kaley: 6/20

JC: 8/20

Lily: 9/20

Victoria: 10/20

Priscilla: 11/20

Megan: 13/20
Chris: 15/20

Public: 16/20

Wally: 16/20

Derek: 17/20

Amanda: 18/20

Diana: 19/20
Rei: 19/20

Sola: 19/20

JC:

Santana + Brittany + Britney + Mark Kanemura + other hot men = PERFECTION ❤️ 

LILY:

It was so exciting to get an episode where Heather got to full-out sing and perform, and of course she just shines even more with Naya. They really did that.

WALLY:

220?cb=20130704200426

Santana gives a really fierce and hot performance in "Me Against the Music.” She slays it on her parts of the song (as she always does). I am ranking it on the lower end at #16 as I think this is much more of a Brittany showcase song. Although Santana is in this more than I remembered. Fun, hot, fierce performance.

DEREK:

Amazing number but slightly short on Santana content

CHRIS:

Not the best vocal performance but the scene for this song is iconic!

Edited by *Amanda

Aww I wish “La Isla Bonita” ranked higher. I really loved that one. :( But i know all of these songs are soo great anyway. ❤️ But gah soo many 18s/19s/20s. :dead: I am glad I sent this to the penultimate round just in case. :haha: 

Fine with the other four placements although would have liked “The Boy Is Mine” being a bit higher. 

20. Hand in My Pocket/I Feel the Earth Move (I ranked #20)— A good vocal performance from both and fun mashup, but it was honestly the one that I remembered the least after watching all of these. 

19. Lovesong (I ranked #19)— Their 3 voices sound lovely together. I put this one so low because it felt like more of a feature for the other 2. Also, Santana wore some of the best dresses :heartbounce:

18. The Boy Is Mine (I ranked #16)— So fun! Mercedes and Santana obviously have some of the best performances together, and this one is no exception. I just love Naya in all of her duets. Her harmonizing and ad-libs are always so good! Also this song is such a jam, and she brought the perfect attitude to it!

17. La Isla Bonita (I ranked #4)— And here’s where my streak of agreeing with the group consensus comes to an abrupt end :haha:. Honestly I wasn’t expecting to rank it as high as I did either, but when I watched it back it just brought me such joy. The dancing and the harmonies were so well done, and it just looked like they were having so much fun performing together. 

16. Me Against the Music (I ranked #6)— I definitely struggled with where to put this one. It’s one of the performances I enjoy most from Glee, but it’s definitely more of a Brittany-focused song. I wound up leaving it very high on my list because everything just comes together so well: dancing, singing, chemistry, costumes, how true they were to the actual video, etc. 

Overall, a great start to the Top 20 (I genuinely love so many of these songs, so I don’t think the results will upset me too much no matter what). Biggest upset so far is “La Isla Bonita”. I wasn’t expecting to be such an outlier with how high I put it :haha:

7 hours ago, .Rei said:

La Isla Bonita and The Boy is Mine deserved better!

RT. (!) 

3 hours ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

17. La Isla Bonita (I ranked #4)— And here’s where my streak of agreeing with the group consensus comes to an abrupt end :haha:. Honestly I wasn’t expecting to rank it as high as I did either, but when I watched it back it just brought me such joy. The dancing and the harmonies were so well done, and it just looked like they were having so much fun performing together.

Overall, a great start to the Top 20 (I genuinely love so many of these songs, so I don’t think the results will upset me too much no matter what). Biggest upset so far is “La Isla Bonita”. I wasn’t expecting to be such an outlier with how high I put it :haha:

Your high ranking of "La Isla Bonita." :wub: Really wish it could have been higher for us, but ah well. These songs are all great and so tough to rank.