The Glee Rankdown (BLAINE ANDERSON, ROUND 2)

*Amanda

If “There Are Worse Things I Could Do” loses points for not being a Santana solo, then so does Landslide. My number 20 was the only one I kind of dislike. Everything else is amazing so I was really just looking for any excuse to rank something lower than the rest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Cold Hearted robbed.  :( 

It was. :( 

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Fair enough - I just don`t like the song #SorryNotSorry

ANd fair enough - I took into consideration the role it played in Santana's storyline on the show, as well.  

That's all understandable. :yes: 

And lol I don't mind where you (or anyone) ranks things specifically, as we all have our own opinions. I was just sassing you. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

The next set has a tie, so I will be using the public’s ranking to break it.

Works for me. i just hope it works in my favor. :dead: 

45 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

any song that has santana looking at brittany sadly that many times deserves a high ranking. 

I love them but I stand by my comments. :haha:  I also loved a few other songs that involved them even more. ❤️ 

43 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

If “There Are Worse Things I Could Do” loses points for not being a Santana solo, then so does Landslide. My number 20 was the only one I kind of dislike. Everything else is amazing so I was really just looking for any excuse to rank something lower than the rest.

Agreed.

I still wanted Landslide in the Top 20 too.

SANTANA LOPEZ PERFORMANCES

10. "Back to Black"

Tumblr_mogntwHSkC1ra5gbxo3_250.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btjdpj_Vr1s

Elliott: 2/20

Priscilla: 3/20

Amanda: 6/20

Diana: 7/20

Rei: 8/20

Sola: 8/20

Megan: 9/20

Victoria: 9/20

Kaley: 10/20

Public: 11/20

Chris: 12/20

Wally: 13/20

Derek: 16/20

Lily: 17/20

JC: 19/20

CHRIS:

Another incredibly underrated performance, in my opinion. 

WALLY:

UxQE.gif

Whoever thought of Santana singing Amy Winehouse songs on the show is a genus because Santana would always slay it with Amy songs, and “Back to Black” is an example of that. Santana brings such a stunning sultry vocal delivery here and sounds so beautifyl here. I also love how she connects with the emotion of the song, and even gives a playful flirty feel at times. I actually had this ranked a bit higher but lowering this down a bit to #13.

LILY:

Difficult song to recreate the magic of Amy Winehouse for anyone. Naya's cover still stayed well and true to the original whilst also showcasing how incredible she was.

JC:

Another Amy song that suits Santana's voice really well, but this is lower as the arrangement was not really innovative, so not as exciting as other songs in this Top 20.

9. "River Deep, Mountain High"

0f7130a726e7a1261e66d9275da668da03a61428

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbjTy4n7Uw

Lily: 1/20

Public: 1/20

Chris: 7/20

Sola: 7/20

Amanda: 8/20

Wally: 8/20

Rei: 11/20

Derek: 12/20
Elliott: 12/20

Kaley: 12/20

Megan: 12/20

Victoria: 12/20

Priscilla: 13/20

Diana: 14/20

JC: 18/20

LILY:

Maybe the greatest duet in Glee history, and one of the GOAT performances from the show, in my opinion. Naya and Amber both slayed this and not having them win the duet challenge that episode should have been enough to close the Glee Club down for good.

CHRIS:

A flawless performance, and one of my all-time favourite duet from the series. 

WALLY:

LaPT.gif 

As I said throughout a number of my write-ups, Santana & Mercedes duets are always epic and everything, and you better believe "River Deep, Mountain High" is one of those. Both ladies sang and really deliver it so much on this song! :wub: Since this list is on Santana, I will only focus on Santana, but she delivers such great strong vocals here and amazing stage presence. She slays on this as she always! :wub: Although I will admit that comparing the two ladies here, I do prefer Mercedes on this song sooo that has me dropping this a little lower (just based on Santana) to get my #8 ranking. But still, Santana is fantastic on this!

JC:

Fierce Santana/Mercedes collab, they both slay this.

8. "Shake It Out"

Tumblr_m3dkr0YKK61qctfyqo4_r2_500.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwhQKhpD0kA

JC: 3/20

Lily: 4/20

Diana: 5/20

Megan: 5/20

Rei: 6/20

Priscilla: 7/20

Victoria: 7/20

Derek: 8/20

Kaley: 9/20

Amanda: 10/20

Elliott: 10/20

Chris: 16/20

Sola: 18/20

Public: 19/20

Wally: 19/20

JC:

This performance is by far the top Santana collab, because I prefer it to the original and the arrangement is gorgeous. Santana/Mercedes/Tina slayed this and it is so emotional and really gives you the feels.

LILY:

I came to appreciate this one more recently, as I didn't really follow the show as much when they did this song (and lowkey just not really a fan of the original). But Naya, Amber and Jenna made such an excellent trio on this. All incredible vocalists who can be powerhouses on their home, but came together to do an incredibly emotionally powerful number.

MEGAN:

I'm right back into being very into Florence + the Machine like it's 2009. 

DEREK:

I love triooooooos

CHRIS:

While this is a group performance, Naya's vocals really shine through. 

WALLY:

L0oG.gif

"Shake It Out" was a really beautiful and emotional performance from Santana, Mercedes and Tina. Santana starts off the song so softly and beautifully.❤️  I’m ranking this low at #19 solely because I feel like this was more of a Mercedes lead/showcase song where she has all the big buildup moments of the song. Still, this is very lovely.  ❤️ 

7. "Don't Rain On My Parade"

Sdromp9.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHDtJmmPcCM

Derek: 1/20

Kaley: 2/20

JC: 6/20

Public: 6/20

Sola: 6/20

Chris: 8/20

Wally: 9/20

Megan: 10/20

Lily: 10/20

Diana: 11/20

Amanda: 13/20

Elliott: 13/20

Rei: 14/20

Victoria: 16/20

Priscilla: 20/20

DEREK:

Bonus points because Rachel was so pressed when Santana sang this and rained on her parade

JC:

Santana does an amazing job with a broadway song which really shows the amazing versatility she has. Her voice is not as big as Rachel's but it is a million times more versatile in my opinion. I was actually super surprised by how amazing Santana was able to perform this. She slayed and honestly I think I like her version of this song over Rachel's.

CHRIS:

I am huge fan of this rendition of this iconic song. 

WALLY:

latest?cb=20140226225815latest?cb=20150130032754

I remember finding it so surprising when Santana sang "Don't Rain On My Parade" because Rachel delivered an iconic version of this song early on in Glee, but then…… so did Santana with her version. And this isn’t necessarily a song I’d imagine Santana singing but I am so glad she did. I know Santana did this song as an understudy for Rachel for Funny Girl, which Rachel was not too pleased to find out about. Santana pours a lot of passion, and brings that sassy attitude that the song needs and of course such amazing vocals.  I do like how her version is different from Santana’s (kind of a sexier/flirty version) but she makes it suit her. :wub: I love how she builds up this song. Her vocal range and big notes in this is out of this world. :omg: This is such a stella moment for Santana, and will give it my #9 spot.

MEGAN:

Obligatory in the top half because anything where Santana dunks on Rachel vocally deserves to be in the top half.

LILY:

This scene... just everything. A fine moment in a later season. Rachel looking horrified as the director is just clearly obsessing over Santana. Who can blame him.

6. "Girl On Fire"

MeagerEvergreenEmu-size_restricted.gif

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQOVWEeWQw

Lily: 3/20

JC: 5/20

Rei: 5/20

Chris: 6/20

Wally: 7/20

Diana: 8/20

Elliott: 9/20

Public: 10/20

Amanda: 11/20

Kaley: 11/20

Priscilla: 12/20

Sola: 12/20

Victoria: 14/20

Derek: 15/20

Megan: 15/20

LILY:

I find this to be one of my favorite performance of Naya's. I love Alicia Keys and this song but I actually think this is one where I prefer the cover.

JC:

Santana slays this and I love this performance. She is totes a GIRL ON FIRE ALWAYS 🙏

CHRIS:

Everything about this performance was perfect; the vocals delivered in this song!

WALLY:

5lDA.gif

Wow Santana absolutely crushes and slays it on "Girl On Fire,” I absolutely love it! :wub: I know I always did but rewatching it, I got some serious chills from her emotional connection and vocals here. :omg: Santana doesn’t just sing but she SANGS the heck out of this song. She pours all of her heart, emotion and energy into this! Her vocal performance….. so powerful and incredible. This performance has such a strong and empowering feel to it. I feel so empowered listening to her on this. :wub: I actually had this song lower but I forgot how amazing this was that I had to move it up to #7…. and I still want it higher.

Edited by *Amanda

Anyway still an awesome top 5. There are still 3 songs left which I'm pulling for in particular and would love to see win!

In the meantime going to watch River Deep, Mountain High again to try and forget how dirty it has been done here!

Here's the spots left for each ranker.

Amanda

Chris

Derek

Diana

Elliott

JC

Kaley

Lily

Megan

Priscilla

Public

Rei

Sola

Victoria

Wally

Edited by *Amanda

53 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Here's the spots left for each ranker.

Amanda

Chris

Derek

Diana

Elliott

JC

Kaley

Lily

Megan

Priscilla

Public

Rei

Sola

Victoria

Wally

My #9 been revealed :haha:

1. The amount of pixels in that Back to Black gif.

2. The ROBBERY that Back to Black just experienced, I'm writing a letter.

3. Can someone explain to me the context of the Shake It Out performance in regards to Shannon Beiste because I clearly have no idea what the scene is about.

4. WHO IS THE GIRL SITTING ON THE END NEXT TO MERCEDES IN SHAKE IT OUT BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER HER?????

I've really managed to suppress most of my Glee memories, wow.