Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

Pretty pleased with a lot of those Britney results! Especially that top 3 which I feel like are maybe her most iconic songs. “Toxic” is an amazing winner!

I know it’s only September but please get ready for my “Underneath the Tree” stanning for this next round. (Alongside so many other classics of course!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *Wallace said:

:wub: 

Lol I'm shook we agree on the same #1. Especially from when we talked about this earlier today. :haha: 

I'm Full Of Surprises. | Gif, Shadowhunters And Serie GIF | Gfycat

"Toxic" received universal acclaim from music critics, who praised its hook and chorus while deeming it the strongest track on In the Zone. It won Best Dance Recording at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards, marking the first Grammy win of Spears' career. The song attained worldwide success, reaching the top five in 15 countries, while topping the charts in Australia, Canada, Hungary, Ireland, Norway and the United Kingdom...

"Toxic" won Spears her first, and to date only, Grammy Award at the 2005 ceremony in the Best Dance Recording category and gained her credibility amongst critics.[16] ..."Toxic" was ranked at number fourteen on Stylus Magazine's Top 50 Singles between 2000 and 2005.[88] ...

The song was also included on The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born list by Blender.[90] Pitchfork listed the song on The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s. Jess Harvell commented that Spears had great pop instincts and that "Toxic" showed how "Britney always had more individualist pep than her peers, important when you're dealing with steamroller productions from the mind of Max Martin."[91]

In 2009, NPR included "Toxic" on their Most Important Recordings of the Decade list. Amy Schriefer noted that the song's synths defined the sound of dance-pop for the rest of the decade while adding that it "still sound fresh and futuristic."[16] "Toxic" was listed on several others end of the decade lists; at number forty-seven by NME, forty-four by Rolling Stone and seventeen on The Daily Telegraph.[92][93][94]

...NME critics also ranked "Toxic" at number 92 on their 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list, writing that the song "reinvented popular dance music."[13] In 2010, the song was voted in Rolling Stone's end of the decade readers poll as the fourth-best single of the decade.[95] Pitchfork listed the song at number three on their Top 50 Singles of 2000 list. Bill Lamb of About.com listed the song at number twenty-seven on the Top 40 Pop Songs of All Time.[96] Evan Sawdey of PopMatters commented that "Toxic" is a rare kind of song that transcends genre boundaries, and added that Spears delivered the track that defined her legacy.[97] In May 2010, Spears revealed via Twitter that "Toxic" is her favorite song in her catalog.[98]

Also, I made a YouTube video of myself lip syncing to Toxic 13 years ago that I just rewatched to confirm that the video will stay private until the end of time. But Baby One More Time will always be my go-to karaoke song lmao

Edited by FrogLenzen

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

:haha: :dead: 

And LMAOOO this was what inspired one of Lily's Britney song write-ups now. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

FrogLenzen WikipediaLenzen

:dead:  

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm Full Of Surprises. | Gif, Shadowhunters And Serie GIF | Gfycat

"Toxic" received universal acclaim from music critics, who praised its hook and chorus while deeming it the strongest track on In the Zone. It won Best Dance Recording at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards, marking the first Grammy win of Spears' career. The song attained worldwide success, reaching the top five in 15 countries, while topping the charts in Australia, Canada, Hungary, Ireland, Norway and the United Kingdom...

"Toxic" won Spears her first, and to date only, Grammy Award at the 2005 ceremony in the Best Dance Recording category and gained her credibility amongst critics.[16] ..."Toxic" was ranked at number fourteen on Stylus Magazine's Top 50 Singles between 2000 and 2005.[88] ...

The song was also included on The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born list by Blender.[90] Pitchfork listed the song on The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s. Jess Harvell commented that Spears had great pop instincts and that "Toxic" showed how "Britney always had more individualist pep than her peers, important when you're dealing with steamroller productions from the mind of Max Martin."[91]

In 2009, NPR included "Toxic" on their Most Important Recordings of the Decade list. Amy Schriefer noted that the song's synths defined the sound of dance-pop for the rest of the decade while adding that it "still sound fresh and futuristic."[16] "Toxic" was listed on several others end of the decade lists; at number forty-seven by NME, forty-four by Rolling Stone and seventeen on The Daily Telegraph.[92][93][94]

...NME critics also ranked "Toxic" at number 92 on their 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list, writing that the song "reinvented popular dance music."[13] In 2010, the song was voted in Rolling Stone's end of the decade readers poll as the fourth-best single of the decade.[95] Pitchfork listed the song at number three on their Top 50 Singles of 2000 list. Bill Lamb of About.com listed the song at number twenty-seven on the Top 40 Pop Songs of All Time.[96] Evan Sawdey of PopMatters commented that "Toxic" is a rare kind of song that transcends genre boundaries, and added that Spears delivered the track that defined her legacy.[97] In May 2010, Spears revealed via Twitter that "Toxic" is her favorite song in her catalog.[98]

Also, I made a YouTube video of myself lip syncing to Toxic 13 years ago that I just rewatched to confirm that the video will stay private until the end of time. But Baby One More Time will always be my go-to karaoke song lmao

Thanks for providing all of these facts. :giggle: 

But noooo, you MUST post your Toxic Lip sync video for us!! 😮(!) 

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Me scouring the pages of YouTube to find said video:

Detective GIF by memecandy

12 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Me scouring the pages of YouTube to find said video:

Detective GIF by memecandy

This (!) 

8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I can’t believe Toxic only peaked at #9 on the Hot 100 😮 I thought for sure it spent like, 8 weeks at #1.

That is pretty shocking to see. 😮 I wish I could remember all the specific chart elements of how they put the Hot 100 chart back then like I used to know. I do remember it was a #1 hit on the Top 40 pop radio charts but I do think some other portions (like the Rhythmic radio charts) hindered it. A lot of R&B and hip-hop songs pretty much dominated the charts at that time. That and I also certain Usher's "Yeah!" was that song that was #1 forever and blocked many songs from reaching #1.