Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FIVE

9. Piece of Me (2007, prod. by Bloodshy & Avant, written by Bloodshy & Avant + Klas Åhlund)

Album: Blackout

source.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #18 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #28 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #83 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piece_of_Me

RANKINGS:

Dee: 2

Gigi: 5

Derek: 3

Sola: 14

Steven: 19

Kaley: 6

Andy: 2

Wally: 10

Denise: 13

Rei: 4

Elliott: 5

Lily: 10

Priscilla: 19

JC: 9

QK: 16

Chris: 11

Victoria: 15

Amanda: 8

Final Average = 9.500

COMMENTS

One of the greatest pop songs of all-time. We love Britney creating controversy and telling the media to f*ck off and her absolutely owning all of her media frenzy. A true icon. Ninth place is disrespectful.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_pswpw9H3zB1w48wlho1_500.gifv

Yayy I always really loved “Piece of Me” and this has always been my favorite Blackout track so thanks Derek for pushing this into the finals! “Piece of Me” and it will get my #10 spot. I love the feisty and sassy side of Britney here giving the ultimate screw you to the paparazzi for always invading her personal space and privacy (which was just happening wayyy too much at this time in her life). She sings this song with such great confidence too. :wub: I love so many parts of the song but I’ll try not to list all of them but some of my standouts is from the first verse where she sings:

I'm Miss Bad Media Karma

Another day another drama

Guess I can't see the harm

In working and being a mama

Then I really love the chorus too:

I'm Mrs. Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous

(You want a piece of me)

I'm Mrs. Oh My God That Britney's Shameless

(You want a piece of me)

I'm Mrs. Extra! Extra! This Just In

(You want a piece of me)

I'm Mrs. She's Too Big Now She's Too Thin

(You want a piece of me)

Tell it Brit! :bobo: Britney really TELLS IT OFF in the second verse with all of the lyrics she’s singing there. I guess my favorite art from here would be where she would sing:

I'm Mrs. Most Likely To Get On The TV For Slippin' On The Streets

When getting the groceries, no, for real

Are you kidding me?

No wonder there's panic in the industry

I mean please

:bobo:

The music video is a lot of fun and Britney looks very hot in it! :wub: Although the breakdown part where she would dace in some scenes with her hair up and arts with her hair down would be kinda trippy but cool. But yeah I love this song a ton! :bobo:

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

The production on this song is really cool and what stands out to me most with this song. :bobo: It just has an interesting sound that gets my ear. It's also interesting how she talks about the media views of her and all the conflicting opinions she has to deal with from being in the lime light. :broken: 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, JC said:

I just really enjoy the beat of this song and it has a dark vibe to it that I really enjoy. Britney is the queen of making her songs stick in your head.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Chris said:

Another song from Blackout that I love, also Piece of Me >>> Gimme More.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, *Lily said:

Hey queen! Girl, you have done it again. Calling out the tabloids, and doing it flawlessly. I would say I'm surprised, but I know who you are! I've seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, taylorkat said:

Another Blackout favorite.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, QueenKalie said:

Just not a fan of this era

On 9/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

The chorus of this song will always be one of my favorites. I love that she released a song capitalizing on the media’s obsession with her, and that she did it in such a playful way.

8. Circus (2008, prod. by Benny Blanco + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Benny Blanco + Claude Kelly + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Circus

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #24 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Digital Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #24 (Single)

US Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #27 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circus_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 9

Gigi: 3

Derek: 15

Sola: 6

Steven: 14

Kaley: 9

Andy: 6

Wally: 5

Denise: 11

Rei: 6

Elliott: 9

Lily: 9

Priscilla: 8

JC: 3

QK: 18

Chris: 14

Victoria: 12

Amanda: 7

Final Average = 9.111

COMMENTS

Circus is just a fabulous track. The total package. Amazing music video. Great lyrics. Fabulous dancing. Insane beat. Just perfection.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

6Z9M.gif5n5L.gif

I am super grateful that a good majority of us (was it like 11 or 12?) that voted “Circus” into the Top 21 finals because this song is definitely sooo deserving of being in here! Thank you everyone voting this into the finals. ❤️ I really love “Circus” of course as I love all of these songs but this will get my #5 spot! I would say this is my favorite and standout track off of Circus (even though “Womanizer” is very close behind). I love the fun circus feel of the song and video. Britney sounds really hot on the verses on this song. I really love the pre-chorus of the song where she sings:

I'm like the ringleader

I call the shots

(call the shots)

I'm like a firecracker

I make it hot

And of  course I absolutely love the chorus (or is it the pre-chorus and chorus) and find it sooo fun:

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins

Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break

I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage

Better be ready, hope that you feel the same

All the eyes on me in the center of the ring

Just like a circus

When I crack that whip, everybody gonna trip

Just like a circus

Don't stand there watching me, follow me

Show me what you can do

Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor

Just like a circus

That chorus is soooo fun and catchy! :bobo: Then I always love that part where she sings about two guys out there -  the ones that can hang with her or the ones that are scared. She sings it sooo hot! I hope I am one of those guys that can hang with her. :giggle: Then I absolutely love the breakdown part at the bridge where she sings:

Let's go

Let me see what you can do

I'm running this

I also really love the circus theme of the music video. It’s soooo fun and entertaining. :bobo: I love all of the dancing here especially at the bridge and ending g of the video!

Maybe I'm slightly bitter because the viewers of Dancing with the Stars paid Tinashe dust when she flawlessly Cha-Cha'd to this song. But maybe I'm at peace with that. Maybe. Anyway, a defining moment in her discography IMO.

Such a catchy song and I love the build-up of it into the chorus. :bobo: That slow pre-chorus is so effective before... boom! "All eyes on me in the center of the ring, just like a circus" :bobo: I think my favorite part though is: "Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do" :bobo: Well that and "I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots, I'm like a firecracker, I make it hot" I quoted too many lyrics here, but I love these parts. It's all so fun and Britney really is putting on a show with this song!

Another one of my favorite Britney songs!

Another favourite from "Circus" - I had a hard time figure where to rank this song, tbh.

ehh

Iconic song with amazing beats, the Britney specialty.

I definitely used to love this song even more than this placement reflects. It’s very fun, and I do still get very excited when it comes on.

7. Gimme More (2007, prod. by Danja + Jim BEANZ, written by Danja + Jim BEANZ + Keri Hilson + Marcella Araica)

Album: Blackout

d1c671054181258f54d7f3107a5c4e3a.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #3 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #17 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #36 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimme_More

RANKINGS

Dee: 1

Gigi: 4

Derek: 4

Sola: 8

Steven: 15

Kaley: 4

Andy: 5

Wally: 19

Denise: 16

Rei: 3

Elliott: 7

Lily: 1

Priscilla: 15

JC: 8

QK: 15

Chris: 16

Victoria: 13

Amanda: 9

Final Average = 9.056

COMMENTS

Gimme More was a monuments moment in pop culture and the entire music industry. A comeback that is so brilliant! The greatest pop song ever. Fight me. IDC. I said what I said. This song is everything. 

WHO IS IT?!?!?! You know who. The greatest intro in any song of all-time. An absolutely iconic, perfect pop song. A song which absolutely deserved its recognition in the movie Hustlers. I didn't advance Gimme More to the final simply because I knew we would equally stan it enough for it to make it there on its own merit. And here it is, deservedly as my #1.

Love it!

This song just makes me think of sex and how everyone likes it rough, hard, and long. YAS.

Fun song and I like the vibe of it. I actually think I prefer the verses to the chorus. Either way, it has a kind of addicting sound. :bobo: 

Love this song, but prefer other songs from "Blackout".

Sorry to fans of this era

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

It's Britney, bitch. Did I mention that Danja was Timbaland's protégé?

It’s Britney, Bitch! Seriously, the 3 opening words are so ingrained in pop culture. She made an unthinkable comeback, and this resolidified her as pop royalty.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, *Wallace said:

3nk7.gif

I love “Gimme More” and am pleased that it made it onto the finals. There was a definite strong and vocal push for the Blackout songs but “Gimme More” was one of the four I was happy with making it here. Now I do love this but this was never one of my very ultimate favorite Britney songs and was my least fave of the Blackout singles. It’s also one of my lesser fave lead singles off of a Britney album too. So therefore I will rank “Gimme Moer” at #19. With that said…. I do love the flirty, sensual & seductive feel of this song. And I love the Danja production here too. Let’s not forget how this song gave us the iconic “It’s Britney, b*tch” line that was such a big moment in pop culture and is still used! (!) I would say the pre-chorus is my favorite part of the song:

We can get down like there's no one around

We keep on rocking, we keep on rockin'

Cameras are flashing while we're dirty dancing

They keep watching, keep watchin'

Feels like they're probably saying

Then I also love the part from the second verse that goes: 

Even when we're up against the wall

You got me in a crazy position

If you're on a mission

You got my permission

The chorus is so catchy and easy to learn too: Gimme gimme more. Gimme more. Gimme gimme more. :bobo: Also here for this fun and sexy video too!

Edited by Deeee

Yayy I love “Piece of Me.” :wub: Lol Dee and some of his comments are something else. #9 is a great spot for the song. :haha: But love the attitude of this song and the feel of it. :bobo: I do wish it was the last standing Blackout track but oh well. Lol love Lily’s comments on this one. :lmao: 

“Circus.” :wub: Really love this one a ton but darn I was hoping it  would have rank higher. But all of its rankings in the Top 15 (except for QK’s) is really good! But yeah this is such a great catchy track and I adore it so much. :bobo: 

Finally “Gimme More” has shown up. Love this song but I just always preferred many other Britney tracks more than this one. :haha: Oops me being it’s lowest ranker and the only one to rank it outside of its Top 16. :dead::ph34rwave: But i said many times I just love all of these songs on this list. I didn’t expect it to be Lily’s #1 but it makes sense with her earlier comments. :haha: 

Really loving this iconic Top 6! :wub: 

16 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

This Top 6 is iconic. :wub:

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The disrespect for the iconic Top 6. :wub:

Tell it, Victoria. (!) 

4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Actually my top 2 is still in, so I’m not doing too bad :haha:

:haha: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I just want to know what this thread has against music?

Nothing? The Top 6 are all iconic Britney songs too lol.

• Like 1