Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART ONE

21. Let Me Down (2011, prod. by Chris DeStefano, written by Toby Gad + Livvi Franc)

Album: Stronger

Kelly_Clarkson_-_Stronger.jpg

US Billboard 200 (Billboard): #2 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stronger_(Kelly_Clarkson_album)

RANKINGS:

Derek: 9

Gigi: 10

Andy: 19

Steven: 5

Sola: 20

Wally: 18

Anne: 11

Elliott: 17

QK: 14

Tom: 15

Chris: 20

JC: 11

Kaley: 21

Lily: 20

Amanda: 20

Andrew: 13

Denise: 20

Priscilla: 20

Victoria: 21

Final Average = 16.000

COMMENTS

On 10/1/2020 at 8:55 PM, miss denise said:

I do really like this song, but there is some stiff competition in this group of finalists so it ends up on the lower side for me.  I love the attitude of this, of course, as well as the booming chorus. It's so good and definitely makes me feel some kind of angst. I love this part a lot:

"The funny thing about forever is it comes with a side of never never" :bobo: 

Although that's not exactly cheery. The play on words in the chorus with "When it counts, you countdown" and "As I burn, you burn out" is so clever too. But my favorite part is when she goes

"You're only gonna make me feel so crazy but when I think we could be something" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

Although it's sad. Wow, the whole feel of the bridge is really fantastic too.

IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR TO ME CAUSE I KNOW BY NOW. :omg: 

Wowzers. Love that. What a mood this is.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:16 PM, sublymonal said:

Again, a Stronger song so I really can't rank it that high, but I do like it. I just didn't expect it to make the final vote.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, taylorkat said:

I'm surprised this song made it here, but it's a favorite of mine. 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, #jeah said:

The chorus is really catchy! In the better half of songs from Stronger but I wouldn’t have this in my top 21 probably. Still a good song though

On 9/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, *Wallace said:

I’m not really familiar with “Let Me Down.” This song didn’t do too much for me at first (and actually the verses as a whole needs some time to grow on me). But once it got into the chorus, I was really liking it more. It has a good catchy powerful sound to it. I like the You’re only gonna let me down and You go and let me down, let me down! parts in the chorus the most. :bobo: The chorus of this song sticks out the most to me of the songs I am not so familiar with which helped the “Let Me Down” ranking. I really like the bridge too. Some of the background has this hypnotic funky music to it which is kinda cool. Overall I do like this and think it can grow on me with more listens. It just ranks at #18 because it’s one of the songs I’m least familiar with.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, *Chris said:

I do like the song, just like all the other songs in this Top 21, but it doesn't have the same impact on me as the other songs in this 21 hence why it's near the bottom of my ranking. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:43 PM, JC said:

Another lesser known song that excels.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, *Lily said:

Another one which I'm just not as familiar with and wasn't as big of a standout for me in this group, but she sounds brilliant as per.

20. The War Is Over (2011, prod. by Toby Gad, written by Toby Gad + Livvi Franc)

Album: Stronger

Kelly_Clarkson_-_Stronger.jpg

US Billboard 200 (Billboard): #2 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_Is_Over_(Kelly_Clarkson_song)

RANKINGS:

Derek: 14

Gigi: 21

Andy: 11

Steven: 19

Sola: 21

Wally: 20

Anne: 4

Elliott: 16

QK: 9

Tom: 7

Chris: 11

JC: 10

Kaley: 19

Lily: 21

Amanda: 21

Andrew: 16

Denise: 21

Priscilla: 21

Victoria: 20

Final Average = 15.947

COMMENTS

I actually probably like Stronger as an album more than most, but I still don't think any of the songs deserve to win this.

I don't expect this song to do well in the final ranking but it is one of my favourite from "Stronger" & hoping this ranking may help it not get last place. 

This song kind of snuck in.  I had to listen to it because I didn't remember what it sounded like. That says a lot. It's fine, but not even close to a song that I would put on my top 21.  I have to admit that I'm on the irritated side that this is here over brilliant songs that were eliminated.  Sorry to its fans! 

One of the better songs from Stronger (though I like Forgive You and Dark Side are more than this). Emotionally powerful and really melodic. Another top notch vocal performance from Kelly here

I’m not too familiar with “The War is Over” but I did check it out when Anne advanced it (as I did with most of the songs I wasn’t familiar with). This is a pretty and nice song. It has a good empowering sound to it. It seems like it’s about Kelly moving on from this guy setting her back and from being her independent self and how he doesn’t deserve her. And she’s knowing her self-worth. A good message to it. She sounds really good and especially love her powering vocals towards the end. I like the bridge and chorus most here. I like this song but it ranks the lower end at #20 because I’m not as familiar with it like others - but I can see it growing on me.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, aliasocfan said:

"I'm finally walkin' away
'Cause you'll only hurt me, and you're not worthy"

Gets me every time. This song was the fan request when I finally got to see her live. It has special meaning to me. 

Love this lesser known amazing song.

I like this, it just isn't a big standout to me compared to the others here hence the lower ranking!

I love this song of such strength from Kelly. She is once again proclaiming her worth and independence. It's so empowering and I love the way she sings on this.

"All I have to say is you don't deserve me, you don't deserve me, I'm finally walking away, 'cause you'll only hurt me and you're not worthy" crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif  

Those lyrics are amazing and something I hope a lot of people can recognize in themselves when they are in a similar situation.

"But your words no longer defeat me" 

Absolutely love that! :wub:  Such a powerful lyric and moment in the song! This may be a bit overlooked compared to so many of her amazing songs in the finals, but I do love it and am sorry to have to rank it so low. I just love all these songs.  Her vocals near the end slay. :omg: 

19. Gone (2004, prod. by John Shanks, written by Kara DioGuardi + John Shanks)

Album: Breakaway

Breakaway_Album.PNG

US Billboard Pop 100: #77 (Single)

US Billboard Pop 100 Airplay: #41 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_(Kelly_Clarkson_song)

RANKINGS

Derek: 15

Gigi: 20

Andy: 18

Steven: 20

Sola: 19

Wally: 7

Anne: 16

Elliott: 8

QK: 16

Tom: 18

Chris: 19

JC: 17

Kaley: 18

Lily: 13

Amanda: 15

Andrew: 11

Denise: 15

Priscilla: 12

Victoria: 12

Final Average = 15.211

COMMENTS

It's okay, it's another song I wouldn't have in my top 21.

Kinda wish Breakaway the song was in the top 21 in place of Gone tbh but oh well. It’s fun and catchy and it’s from Breakaway so I ain’t mad tho

Ahh “Gone” making the finals is one of the biggest pleasant surprises for me. This Kelly round was so brutal with all of us rankers having to cut 4 songs each and with “Gone” being one of the 6 last standing songs to make it to the Top 24, I couldn’t have been more happier. I want to thank all 19 rankers for not cutting this song and especially a big thanks to Denise advancing this through into the finals! :wub: I really had “Gone” in mind as a choice to move on but I couldn’t risk losing “Stronger.” But yes of course I’m super happy “Gone” is in here! 

“Gone” is from the iconic Breakaway album, and not only that but is also my favorite Kelly album/non-single track, and i love this song enough to rank it at #7. (!) I do have a fun story to share about this song. My local radio station KISS 108 played this song as if it was a single, and so much so that it was #1 on our local radio countdown for a few weeks. That helped me to grow to love and become obsessed with the song more than I did before. And ugh I do wish this song was an actual single as it deserved to and I kinda wish it was a single either over or after “Walk Away.” It’s just soo good. It’s such a fun, feisty and catchy song that Kelly slays effortlessly. ❤️ I love how hard the song goes in with the music production and Kelly’s vocals. And that overall upbeat energy is just so great and gets me so amp. :bobo: She brings that feisty attitude to the verses. Then I love how she powers through the chorus.

You know you did it

I'm gone

To find someone to live for

In this world

There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight

Just a bridge that I gotta burn

You were wrong

If you think you can walk right through my door

That is just so you

Coming back when I've finally moved on

I'm already gone

SUCH A CATCHY CHORUS! :bobo: Then from the second verse, I really love the part where Kelly singings!

Always ending

Always over

Back and forth, up and down like a rollercoaster

:bobo: Then Kelly really tells it to this guy at the bridge of this song!

There is nothing you can say

Sorry doesn't cut it, babe

Take the hit and walk away

'Cause I'm gone

Doesn't matter what you do

It's what you did that's hurting you

All I needed was the truth

Now I'm gone

Such a good song! And I will always be upset this was never released as a single. :/ I don’t expect it to rank high and clearly expecting this to be the lowest ranked Breakaway track, but that’s honestly okay. I’m just so glad it’s in the finals.

Another classic!

On 9/30/2020 at 8:22 PM, ~Tom~ said:

One of my least favorites on Breakaway tbh.

An underrated hit from Breakaway. Breakaway really was that b*tch

Like so many other great Kelly songs, this one is full of attitude, sass, and her telling it like it is! Love that. The chorus especially has great energy and it's hard for me to pick a favorite part. I do love this line from a verse:

"Your eyes they sparkled, that's all changed into lies that drop like acid rain" 

But then all of the chorus! Although I guess I love it most for how she sings it, but yeah, I love the parts that go:

"There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight, just a bridge that I gotta burn"

and

"That is just so you, coming back when I've finally moved on"

Although that part before the second chorus that starts with "Always ending, always over" is so good too. :bobo:  The bridge is the best though! It's so funky and amazing. :bobo: 

"There is nothing you can say, sorry doesn't cut it babe" 

Oh yeah. :bobo:  It's so fun and such another great breakup song to blast when you really need it. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

This brings me nostalgia because I used to listen to this album literally day after day on repeat. Love it.

This is a fun song but not sure I would have had it in this Top 21. The fact this song made Top 21 while "Beautiful Disaster (Live)" got cut is not cute - we can also add "Already Gone" & "Breakaway" to that narrative. 

Edited by Deeee

Not too surprised with Let Me Down and The War Is Over as the Bottom 2. I like them both but I would have preferred LMD ranking higher as the chorus stuck out to me more there. :haha:  Chris did well achieving the goal of not having TWIO ranking last. :haha: 

Awww kinda bummed for “Gone” ranking at #19 but not totally surprised. I’m just glad that it’s above the bottom 2 at least haha. It’s one of my fave Breakaway tracks for sure! Omgg Elliott and myself both have this in our Top 10s? I’m kinda shook and shocked by that. But really I do love “Gone” so it making it to the finals,  is really a win in itself. ❤️ Although let’s not act like “Gone” was the song that robbed Already Gone/Breakway tho. :claybleh: Cause yes I would have wanted those two songs in the finals too. ❤️ 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The way Breakway was robbed.

Right. 😢 :broken: 

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Already Gone would have ranked 2 or 3 for me. *shrugs*

That would have been  Breakaway for me. 😢 Already Gone would have likely made my Top 6.