Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FIVE

9. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (2011, prod. by Greg Kurstin, written by Jörgen Elofsson + Ali Tamposi + David Gamson + Greg Kurstin)

Album: Stronger

55b127d3803558cb086fbc744d1db2a90c255709

US Billboard Hot 100: #1 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard): #45 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #34 (Single)

US Dance Mix Show/Airplay (Billboard): #7 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Decade-End Chart: #85 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 All-Time Chart (Billboard): #45 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stronger_(What_Doesn't_Kill_You)

RANKINGS:

Derek: 17

Gigi: 5

Andy: 14

Steven: 12

Sola: 7

Wally: 2

Anne: 12

Elliott: 21

QK: 5

Tom: 3

Chris: 16

JC: 5

Kaley: 13

Lily: 12

Amanda: 10

Andrew: 20

Denise: 9

Priscilla: 3

Victoria: 8

Final Average = 10.211

COMMENTS

On 10/1/2020 at 8:55 PM, miss denise said:

This song is a bit like SUBG in the sense that she's glad to be rid of that guy. The build-up and tempo of this song is also sooo good and addicting! I just love it and can not get enough. :bobo:

"You know I dream in color and do the things I want" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif

I don't know why I love that lyric so much. But you know what else?: 

"Think you left me broken down, think that I'd come running back, Baby you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong" shocked.gif.0c3e065f5a8e63795b49b1e0e0f58bcb.gif 

This song is also reminiscent of "Mr. Know It All" (ironically the lead single from the same album), because this guy doesn't know her in both songs! Tell him, Kelly! Louder for those in the back!  I love how much the chorus explodes and the positive, optimistic lyrics! It really is such an anthem. :bobo: 

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER. STAND A LITTLE TALLER. DOESN'T MEAN I'M LONELY WHEN I'M ALONE.    :bobo:

Sorry for shouting, but also not really. The song demands it. Ugh and the bridge is so incredible!

"Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me, You know in the end the day to left was just my beginning"

Yessss girl! You don't need him. Show him that door. :bobo: Ugh, the energy of this song is such a mood. I love the optimism. It is truly an anthem and we are all stronger from what doesn't kill us. (!) 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, taylorkat said:

An anthem! 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, #jeah said:

I always go back and forth on this song, lol. It’s a bit annoying  but it’s so, so damn catchy lol and this song was EVERYWHERE so you can’t really escape it lol. I heard it in the store yesterday and I could also hear some Karen looking lady near me humming along to it lmao. That’s basically all you need to know about this song

On 9/30/2020 at 11:43 PM, JC said:

Like many Kelly songs, these just make me want to dance, and another one I would be happy to rank at 1.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:16 PM, sublymonal said:

Expect this to place high so ranking it low.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, *Lily said:

I always go back and forth on this song. It's great and she sounds amazing as always, but I feel like I heard it so much that it was one I kinda tired of after a while. :dead: But I can still go back to it and love it. So I'll give it a mid-ranking.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, *Chris said:

A bop - not my favourite but I understand why people enjoy the song. 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, *Wallace said:

5frT.gif

It’s funny how this song has two different titles of “(What Doesn't Kill You) Stronger” whih was the title of it when it was on the album but then it changed to “Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)” when it became a single. I always preferred the latter so I’ll refer to it as that. :haha: Anywho, I’ve always really loved this song a ton and thought of it as one of my all-time favorite Kelly songs, so it was a no brainer for me to push this song into the penultimate round. I was debating on helping another song(s) for the finals round but didn’t want to risk “Stronger” not making it to the end, so I pushed it through to the finals. I’m very glad I did and “Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)” will get my #2 ranking.

“Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)” is such a great, fun catchy pop song with a great positive message to it. I love Kelly’s vocals on this throughout and how she delivers all of what she’s singing here. Kelly has such warmth and comfort in her voice here but then i love the part in the first verse where she sings:

You think you got the best of me

Think you've had the last laugh

Bet you think that everything good is gone

Then of course that super fun and catchy chorus comes in: 

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

shit001.gif

PrvI.gif

Just sooo flipping, catchy and fun to sing along to! :bobo: The “me, myself and I” is probably my favorite part after the “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” parts.

Then the part I really love from the second verse is where Kelly sings: You didn't think that I'd come back. I’d come back swinging. :giggle: However, the bridge of the song is one of my VERY favorite parts of the song where Kelly sings:

Thanks to you I got a new thing started

Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted

Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me

You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning

In the end...

Her vocals there are SOO good and strong! :omg: Lovee all of her power vocals there. I love the attitude she has while singing that part because she is really MEANING what she’s singing there. (!) 

This is such a feel good song with a fun feel good music video to it, and it’s cute seeing Kelly dancing with all those people at the end. She’s having such a good time in this. :bobo: I really hope this song can rank high on this mini-rankdown. I know there will be some low votes for it from Elliott but fingers crossed it can make the Top 10 and be the last standing Stronger track. I’ll be happy with those accomplishments.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, aliasocfan said:

One of her most successful songs. Some casuals might call it her best. They would be wrong. 

8. A Moment Like This (2002, prod. by Stephen Ferrera + Steve Mac, written by Jörgen Elofsson + John Reid)

Album: Thankful

tenor.gif?itemid=10737432

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #27 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #58 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Moment_Like_This

RANKINGS:

Derek: 19

Gigi: 1

Andy: 16

Steven: 9

Sola: 14

Wally: 10

Anne: 17

Elliott: 11

QK: 13

Tom: 12

Chris: 7

JC: 9

Kaley: 6

Lily: 6

Amanda: 18

Andrew: 10

Denise: 3

Priscilla: 6

Victoria: 5

Final Average = 10.105

COMMENTS

This is the most nostalgic song of Kelly's and one of the most nostalgic of my life. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I will never not get the feels listening to this. It marked such a monumental occasion in Kelly's career, American Idol itself, and my life. I'm not being dramatic. This is an Idol message board and our lives could all be different if the show hadn't taken off due to Kelly's success... and this song began it all. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif A MOMENT LIKE THIS is accurate. It was a moment and will always be a moment. 

"What if I told you it was all meant to be?" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif 

Chills already!  And that iconic chorus that you have to sing along to.

"A moment like this, some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this. Some people search forever for that one special kiss. Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me. Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this" :wub: 

I absolutely love the second chorus!

"Everything changes but beauty remains"

and

"Can we make this dream last forever and I'll cherish all the love we share" :wub: 

But that doesn't do it justice because she BELTS to the heavens and sounds like an angel. The way the song blossoms throughout the bridge and the end of the song is all so powerful and I bet Wally is putting his hand up because of it. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  Is there such thing as a Kelly fan that hasn't blasted this and sung their heart out to the end of the song? bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifWell I've done it enough for us all. I also have memories of playing the American Idol video game and having my character sing this song. Those were the days. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

Kelly's moment.  They don't make coronation songs like this anymore! A win for this song feels right.

Oh the Idol song. Her dislike of this song is absolutely hilarious. Her singing this during Idol's series finale (lol) still made me emotional. 

Still a fan of this song, after all these years - it's hard to not love the song that started it all.

The original single, stunning, I can not believe there were so many amazing songs that were cut but still so many songs for me to have a ridiculous time ranking.

I mean, it's not that great of a song but you can't ignore that it was the moment Kelly came into her own.

The start of something legendary. I really cannot tolerate a lot of 'winner's singles' but I will always make an exception for A Moment Like This! (I wish we could have heard Tamyra's version of this though too!).

The song that started it all, ught I get super nostalgic listening to this song. Definitely the best winners single the show has ever put out...having said that it’s a little cheesy and I don’t really listen to this that often lol.

tumblr_pu1yokZCMd1yr9hsto2_400.gifv

Aww Kelly’s first single. :wub: I think it’s great and important to have “A Moment Like This” in the finals, as this was the song that launched Kelly’s music career right from winning American Idol. I struggled on where to rank this song and I wasn’t quite sure where it would rank for me but it lands at #10. This is such a beautiful song and of course Kelly sings it passionately and so beautifully. I love her vocals all throughout the song and all of the different vocal range and dynamics she showcases. The chorus is really sweet and special, and I especially love the latter half of it:

A moment like this

Some people wait a lifetime,

For a moment like this

Some people search forever,

For that one special kiss

Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me

Some people wait a lifetime,

For a moment like this

❤️ 

I really love the bridge of the song where Kelly sings 

Could this be the greatest love of all

I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall

So let me tell you this...

Some people wait a lifetime

That belting on the final chorus is so… wow! :omg: Kelly is sanging it! Then I love the softer tender vocals she sings towards the end too. I also enjoy the music video and how it highlights her American Idol journey.

7. My Life Would Suck Without You (2009, prod. by Max Martin + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Max Martin + Claude Kelly + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: All I Ever Wanted

tumblr_mn671w69Yf1qmn01to2_500.gifv

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #16 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #7 (Single)

US Dance Mix Show/Airplay (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #38 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_Would_Suck_Without_You

RANKINGS

Derek: 16

Gigi: 7

Andy: 4

Steven: 4

Sola: 12

Wally: 4

Anne: 10

Elliott: 18

QK: 4

Tom: 8

Chris: 15

JC: 6

Kaley: 14

Lily: 4

Amanda: 6

Andrew: 15

Denise: 13

Priscilla: 10

Victoria: 9

Final Average = 9.421

COMMENTS

Catchy, fun pop.

Being written by D* L**e? Bleh. Kelly refusing to have a songwriting credit because of how much she dislkied D* L**e? Queen behavior. I feel like this song was everywhere and yet I've never tired of it.

Unfortunate ties to trash human beings are unfortunate, still one of her most popular and catchy songs. 

Another amazing song that would make me sing along on the radio, also worthy of being #1.

It's a Dr. L*ke song so I really can't rank it any higher than this, but I have fond memories of dancing to it with Elliott and my friends at our wedding :wub:

Still somewhat obsessed with this song.

This is one of the most cheery anthems that Kelly has had. :haha:  Although it's interesting because it's still following the aftermath of a break-up, but... she's realizing that they are good together and I guess will get back together? It's pretty much the epitome of a dysfunctional relationship. Soo maybe it's not a celebration, but the chorus still has that feel. :haha: I really love the energy of the chorus and how feel-good it is. My favorite part is:

"You got a piece of me and honestly my life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

But then this line always stood out to me too:

"I know that I've got issues but you're pretty messed up too" :giggle: 

Anyway, this song has a great infectious energy about it that I enjoy, and I also love her ab-lids near the end. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

Whatever, this song is a bop and I remember when I first listened to it haha. It’s like an even more epic Since U Been Gone! Sure it’s a bit of a SUBG ripoff right at the beginning, but the song is a completely different mood than that one and the chorus is just glorious! She’s screaming the chorus haha I love it. Definitely one of my favorite songs by her ever.

tumblr-lihfeyxulx1qingovo1-500_orig.gif

I really love “My Life Would Suck Without You” a ton, and it was one of the 3 songs I was considering advancing forward into the finals but ugh I only had space for one song. :lmao: So thank you to JC for advancing this into the finals. I was also worried it could have gotten cut soo I am so glad it made it through two rounds of cuts of 19 rankers. :haha: I wasn’t sure how well liked or loved this song was until before he advanced it so it’s good to know a lot of us love it, so i hope it ranks well. I really struggled with ranking my #3 and #4 songs and kept going back and forth on them but sadly “My Life Would Suck Without You” got the short end of the stick coming in at #4. This is such a cute, fun feel pop/rock song. I love the message of it, music production and of course Kelly’s vocals here. I love the last two lines of the first verse and of course the chorus where Kelly sings:

Said you'd never come back

But here you are again

'Cause we belong together now, yeah

Forever united here somehow, yeah

You got a piece of me

And honestly

original.gif

:wub::bobo:

That chorus is so fun, catchy and infectious. How could you not love it? Another part I love from the second verse is where Kelly sings.

I know that I've got issues

But you're pretty messed up too

:giggle:

I love how she belts out the end of the song! The music video is also really fun and cute too!

Edited by Deeee

TOP SIX

STUDIO ALBUMS

THANKFUL

Miss Independent

BREAKAWAY

Since U Been Gone
Behind These Hazel Eyes
Because of You

MY DECEMBER

Sober

REMIX ALBUMS

PIECE BY PIECE - REMIXED

Piece By Piece - Idol Version

• Like 1

Derek:

Gigi:

Andy:

Steven:

Sola:

Wally:

Anne:

Elliott:

QK:

Tom:

Chris:

JC:

Kaley:

Lily:

Amanda:

Andrew:

Denise:

Priscilla:

Victoria:

Being written by D* L**e? Bleh. Kelly refusing to have a songwriting credit because of how much she dislkied D* L**e? Queen behavior. I feel like this song was everywhere and yet I've never tired of it.

And yet @Deeee didn't even respect her wishes :broken:

41 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

A Moment Like This is great, so sorry to the haters.

:wub: 

25 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

You are really killing it! :omg:  ❤️ 

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Denise:

Thank you! 😢 And omg my Top 7 remaining in the Top 6? :omg:  If only my #3 was here over my #7. :haha:  But I'm sure this is the best I've ever done in this game. So happy it's happening with Kelly. ❤️ 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I'm soooo curious what your #1 is as I feel I have no idea what it is. Hoping it's something I love and one of my top faves too. :haha: 

Ooh I hope so too :haha: I feel like my #1 changes quite a bit but really like what I went with and glad it's still in!

30 minutes ago, Deeee said:
On 9/29/2020 at 4:51 AM, #jeah said:

I always go back and forth on this song, lol. It’s a bit annoying  but it’s so, so damn catchy lol and this song was EVERYWHERE so you can’t really escape it lol. I heard it in the store yesterday and I could also hear some Karen looking lady near me humming along to it lmao. That’s basically all you need to know about this song

This is EXACTLY how I was feeling about this song too. :dead: I do love it for the mostpart and it's so catchy but I also meant to add in my write-up that it also just feels like 'audience members of the Ellen show dancing' music. :haha:

• Haha 2

Just now, *Lily said:

This is EXACTLY how I was feeling about this song too. :dead: I do love it for the mostpart and it's so catchy but I also meant to add in my write-up that it also just feels like 'audience members of the Ellen show dancing' music. :haha:

:dead: