Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

23 hours ago, totes4totes said:

i will send my anna kendrick rankings probably tomorrow. just gotta write my full beca/chloe fanfic for my pitch perfect write-up. lol.

forgot the bachelor was on tonight and i spent my free time in the day on write-ups for alex. so these will be in tomorrow. 

15. ERICA WEXLER - LIFE AFTER BETH (2014)

Film Synopsis: A guy (Dane DeHaan) discovers that his girlfriend (Aubrey Plaza) has returned from the dead, but his joy turns to horror as she slowly undergoes a horrible transformation. It's a zombie comedy movie, and Anna Kendrick plays the childhood friend of Dane DeHaan's character Zach.

DIANA: 6

MEGAN: 9

SOLA: 11

QK: 12 - Not seen this.

ALEX: 13 - Anna didn't even pop up in the trailer! If this was an Aubrey Plaza round mayhaps it'd be higher.

DEE: 14

CHRIS: 15

DEREK: 15

14. ALICIA  - DIGGING FOR FIRE (2015)

Film Synopsis: The discovery of a bone and a gun send a husband and wife on separate adventures over the course of a weekend. The film's plot was inspired by a similar incident in which Johnson discovered a gun and a bone in his backyard. Instead of a traditional script, he and Swanberg wrote an outline that summarized the plot but included no dialogue. They cast the film mainly by contacting their friends and other actors who they knew had enjoyed their previous work.

QK: 5

DIANA: 10

SOLA: 10

DEE: 11

ALEX: 12 - I caught like two glimpses of Anna in the trailer.

MEGAN: 12

DEREK: 13

CHRIS: 14

13. NINA COLLINS - CAKE (2014)

Film Synopsis: After having visions of a member of her support group who killed herself, a woman (Jennifer Aniston) who also suffers with chronic pain seeks out the widower (Sam Worthington) of the suicide. Anna Kendrick plays the woman who killed herself.

SOLA: 6

CHRIS: 8

DIANA: 8

ALEX: 9 - I think I saw this movie once years ago...? Idk I don't remember it.

DEE: 12

DEREK: 14

MEGAN: 14

QK: 15 - Never saw it but it sounds bad.

12. DARBY CARTER - LOVE LIFE (2020)

Series Synopsis: An anthology series that follows a different person each season from their first romance until their last romance. Darby Carter searches for love throughout her 20s and 30s, often in all the wrong places, while the people she meets along the way leave a lasting impression.

ALEX: 4 - I didn't watch all the episodes, but it was better than I expected. Kendrick's just really charismatic in these types of roles, it's completely in her wheelhouse.

DEREK: 8

DEE: 10

CHRIS: 11

MEGAN: 11

QK: 13 - Not familiar with this.

SOLA: 13

DIANA: 15

11. BECA MITCHELL - PITCH PERFECT 2 (2015)

Film Synopsis: It's been three years since the Barden Bellas (Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson) became the first all-female group to win a national title. All seems well until a botched Lincoln Center performance for the president leads to a scandal that strips them of their performing duties, causing internal tension and strife. With the world championships on the horizon in Copenhagen, Denmark, the women must get their act together for their one and only shot at redemption.

SOLA: 3

QK: 4 - The cast is back but this time with Hailee Steinfeld who I also adore.

CHRIS: 7

DEREK: 12

DIANA: 14

ALEX: 15 - Sorry, just can't get into the Pitch Perfect trilogy.

DEE: 15

MEGAN: 15 - I've been trying to get rid of this one. I enjoy it but overall it's not that great and pales in comparison to the original Pitch Perfect. Both the quality of the movie and how checked into it Anna is.

Edited by Steven_

10. COURTNEY BABCOCK - PARANORMAN (2012)

Film Synopsis: Young Norman Babcock (Kodi Smit-McPhee) has the ability to speak with the dead -- and he often prefers their company to that of the living. Norman receives word from his strange Uncle Prenderghast (John Goodman) that a centuries-old witch's curse on their town is real and about to come true -- and that only Norman can stop it. When zombies rise from their graves, Norman must summon all his courage and compassion and push his paranormal abilities to the limit to save his fellow townspeople. Anna Kendrick plays Courtney Babcock, Norman's 17-year-old sister and a cheerleader.

DEE: 6

ALEX: 8 - I haven't seen it, but I love Coraline so I feel like I should.

MEGAN: 8 - UNDERRATED!

CHRIS: 9

DEREK: 9

SOLA: 9

DIANA: 13

QK: 14 - Looks dumb.

9. GINNY RYERSON  - ROCKET SCIENCE (2007)

Film Synopsis: High-school student Hal Hefner's (Reece Daniel Thompson) life is falling down around him. His parents have split, his brother picks on him incessantly, and he has a terrible stutter. Hal cannot believe it when Ginny Ryerson (Anna Kendrick), a pretty classmate, asks him to join their school's debate team. Falling head over heels in love with Ginny, he agrees to her request, with unexpected results.

MEGAN: 3 - Love this movie. One of the movies I watched after I saw Pitch Perfect for the first time being like "I'm just a big Anna Kendrick fan now" when it was really "I'm just a big Anna Kendrick fan now and I want to make out with her."

DEREK: 6

ALEX: 7 - I haven't seen this movie in ages, I feel like it didn't age particularly well but I can't know for sure without a rewatch.

DEE: 9

QK: 10

DIANA: 11

CHRIS: 12

SOLA: 15

8. JILL - DRINKING BUDDIES (2013)

Film Synopsis: Kate (Olivia Wilde) and Luke (Jake Johnson) are co-workers at Chicago craft brewery Revolution Brewing, where they spend their days drinking and goofing off. They seem to be perfect for each other, but they are both in relationships. Kate is with Chris (Ron Livingston), and Luke is with Jill (Anna Kendrick). Jill is a nice and practical girl, whereas Chris is more of an introvert. As Kate and Luke hang out drinking, they try to ignore their mutual attraction.

QK: 3 - This was filmed in an actual brewery and they drank actual beer so the cast was hammered the entire time filming this movie. Definitely my type of movie lol.

DIANA: 5

MEGAN: 5

DEE: 7

DEREK: 10

ALEX: 11 - While I haven't seen the movie, I'm pretty sure Anna can do better than both of them.

SOLA: 12

CHRIS: 13

7. CATHY HIATT - THE LAST FIVE YEARS (2014)

Film Synopsis: In New York, a struggling actress (Anna Kendrick) and a successful writer (Jeremy Jordan) sing about their failed marriage from two perspectives. It presents their relationship out of chronological order, in a non-linear narrative. Cathy's songs begin after they have separated and move backwards in time to the beginning of their courtship, while Jamie's songs start when they have first met and proceeds through their crumbling marriage.

DEREK: 1

CHRIS: 2 - When will Anna Kendrick return to Broadway because I absolutely loved her in this role.

DIANA: 7

SOLA: 8

ALEX: 10 - The trailer made me cringe, this is like exactly the kind of movie choice I expect Anna to make though.

MEGAN: 10

QK: 11

DEE: 13

6. STACEY PILGRIM - SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD (2010)

Film Synopsis: It stars Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim, a slacker musician who must win a competition to get a record deal, and battle the seven evil exes of his newest girlfriend Ramona Flowers, played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Anna Kendrick plays Scott Pilgrim's sister Stacey.

QK: 1 - I have always loved this movie and ranked it highly in Brie's round as well.

ALEX: 3 - It's a small role, but she really delivers. And I think she's great in the scene where she talks to Scott on the swings.

DEE: 3

MEGAN: 7 - I like this better than maybe every other movie on this list but Anna Kendrick's part is not that big.

SOLA: 7

CHRIS: 10

DEREK: 11

DIANA: 12

5. KATHERINE McKAY - 50/50 (2011)

Film Synopsis: Adam Lerner (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) has always tried to take good care of his health, so it comes as a cruel surprise when he learns that he has malignant tumors along his spine. His doctor gives him a 50/50 chance of survival, but Adam tries to remain upbeat, though his mother (Anjelica Huston) and his friend Kyle (Seth Rogen), react badly to the news. Adam starts seeing a therapist (Anna Kendrick), but their relationship threatens to cross the boundary between doctor and patient.

DEE: 2

CHRIS: 4

DEREK: 5

ALEX: 6 - I LOVE 50/50, but I think the inappropriate therapist/patient relationship is easily the worst part of the movie, so I can't rank her higher. ANJELICA HUSTON IS THE SUPPORTING WOMAN STAR OF THE FILM!

MEGAN: 6 - A really good movie but really morally dubious!

QK: 6

DIANA: 9

SOLA: 14

4. CINDERELLA  - INTO THE WOODS (2014)

Film Synopsis: As the result of the curse of a once-beautiful witch (Meryl Streep), a baker (James Corden) and his wife (Emily Blunt) are childless. Three days before the rise of a blue moon, they venture into the forest to find the ingredients that will reverse the spell and restore the witch's beauty: a milk-white cow, hair as yellow as corn, a blood-red cape, and a slipper of gold. During their journey, they meet Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Jack, each one on a quest to fulfill a wish.

DIANA: 2

SOLA: 2

DEREK: 4

ALEX: 5 - While the movie is quite disappointing compared to the musical, Kendrick is decent as Cinderella.

CHRIS: 6

QK: 7

DEE: 8

MEGAN: 13 - Docked for James Corden.

3. STEPHANIE SMOTHERS - A SIMPLE FAVOR (2018)

Film Synopsis: Stephanie is a widowed, single mother who works as a vlogger in Connecticut. Her best friend, Emily, seems to have it all -- a successful career, a loving family and a glamorous lifestyle. When Emily mysteriously disappears one day, Stephanie launches her own investigation by digging into her friend's past -- and finding a few surprises along the way.

MEGAN: 1 - Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively kiss. Do I need to explain my ranking any further than that?

ALEX: 2 - Kendrick's most daring role yet, though it's still very typical Anna Kendrick. I wonder what she would've been like in the Blake Lively role lol. Anyways, this is the best thing she's done in ages, so good for her on that!

DIANA: 4

CHRIS: 5

DEE: 5

SOLA: 5

DEREK: 7

QK: 8

2. BECA MITCHELL - PITCH PERFECT (2012)

Film Synopsis: College student Beca (Anna Kendrick) knows she does not want to be part of a clique, but that's exactly where she finds herself after arriving at her new school. Thrust in among mean gals, nice gals and just plain weird gals, Beca finds that the only thing they have in common is how well they sing together. She takes the women of the group out of their comfort zone of traditional arrangements and into a world of amazing harmonic combinations in a fight to the top of college music competitions.

DIANA: 1

SOLA: 1

MEGAN: 2 - Intense queer woman energy in this movie.

QK: 2 - Anna, Brittany, Rebel and others made this movie quite entertaining.

CHRIS: 3 - Absolutely love this movie.

DEREK: 3

DEE: 4

ALEX: 14 - Sorry, just can't get into the Pitch Perfect trilogy.

1. NATALIE KEENER - UP IN THE AIR (2009)

Film Synopsis: An idea from a young, new co-worker (Anna Kendrick) would put an end to the constant travel of corporate downsizer Ryan Bingham (George Clooney), so he takes her on a tour to demonstrate the importance of face-to-face meetings with those they must fire. While mentoring his colleague, he arranges hookups with another frequent-flier (Vera Farmiga), and his developing feelings for the woman prompt him to see others in a new light.

ALEX: 1 - Anna's breakout role. I wouldn't say it's Oscar nom worthy, but she did a very good job portraying "ambitious young woman trying desperately to keep her shit together"

CHRIS: 1 - Please cast her in more role like this.

DEE: 1

DEREK: 2

DIANA: 3

MEGAN: 4

SOLA: 4

QK: 9

ROUND 5:

AMY ADAMS FILMOGRAPHY

nZmm5E.gif

FILM ROLES

Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)

Psycho Beach Party (2000)

Cruel Intentions 2 (2000)

The Slaughter Rule (2002)

Pumpkin (2002)

Serving Sara (2002)

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

The Last Run (2004)

The Wedding Date (2005)

Standing Still (2005)

Junebug (2005)

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Robby (2006)

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny (2006)

The Ex (2006)

Underdog (2007)

Enchanted (2007)

Charlie Wilson's War (2007)

Sunshine Cleaning (2008)

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008)

Doubt (2008)

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009)

Julie & Julia (2009)

Moonlight Serenade (2009)

Leap Year (2010)

Love & Distrust (2010)

The Fighter (2010)

The Muppets (2011)

On The Road (2012)

The Master (2012)

The Trouble with the Curve (2012)

Man of Steel (2013)

Her (2013)

American Hustle (2013)

Lullaby (2014)

Big Eyes (2014)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Arrival (2016)

Nocturnal Animals (2016)

Justice League (2017)

Vice (2018)

Hillbilly Elegy (2020)

TV ROLES

King of the Hill (2004)

Dr. Vegas (2004)

The Office (2005)

Sharp Objects (2018)

———————————————————————

It's time for Round 5!

@*Chris @totes4totes @*Diana @.Rei @Deeee @Alex95 @#jeah @~Tom~

First, all rankers must choose one role to advance straight to the Top 15.

Edited by Steven_

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Round 5: Amy Adams)