The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Some possible reasons for the low number of views/interactions across all social media platforms. 

-People weren’t that impressed with Tamara’s performance, hence the low number of shares. 

-They’ve already seen Tamara on the show, numerous times. We talk about the tendency of the producers to bring in at least one contestant like her every season. This season, we have two. Viewers are craving something different. In the absence of originality, they will default to someone like Jim. 

-People are bored with the show, and no longer wait breathlessly for the leak. 

I think it’s a combination of all of the above. 

Plus I don’t think her song choice helped (at least on Facebook)

• Like 1

Guesses on the premiere lineup (not official, my official guesses got screwed up but I'm keeping them anyway):

Known factors: Eli, Lauren, Tamara

The other Team Kelly artist: Marissa (the first to join Team Kelly) or Ryan (as he's a 4-way KO participant they might want him in early; however, he's a relatively late addition to Team Kelly so he may not be on week one) 

The other Team Gwen artist: Payge (early addition the team and makes the lives) or Liam (the first to join Team Gwen, but with Lauren not making the lives and him being a battle elim I don't think they'd put two members of Team Gwen where neither makes the lives together on the premiere - though Liam's likely a week one audition)

The other Team John Artist: Sid (the first team John add, makes the lives, genre contrast to Tamara and most of the other guesses) or Rio (who's been in a promo or two as well in addition to being an early John add, but he's similar enough to Tamara he may get pushed to Tuesday or Monday the 26th)

Team Blake Artist #1: Sam (early add, but a similar lane to Sid so he may be a Tuesday nighter if Sid makes it in with Tamara on Monday) or Ben (country gets views, Ben makes the lives, and he's an early Blake add)

Team Blake Artist #2: if it's not both Sam and Ben, Ian might be on the agenda (unlikely, but he's tonally interesting, makes the lives without switching teams, and is country - if he were a multi-chair turn I think this would be more likely, and it's not happening if Ben's in the premiere) or John Sullivan (he's an early elim and similar to Sam stylistically, so if Sam makes it on Monday but not Ben he's not going to be here - though he could be in contention for a Tuesday slot)

Final guesses based on this info for team standings:

Kelly: Eli Zamora, Marisa Corvo

Gwen: Lauren Frihauf, Payge Turner

John: Tamara Jade, Sid Kingsley

Blake: Sam Stacy, Ben Allen

Not only is this lineup team-wise balanced, it's also gender-balanced with a mix of genres (folk, R&B, country, Latin, pop, singer-songwriter, rock) and several artists here make the live rounds. Kelly is the only team here without live rounds rep, but Desz won't be there since Tamara's in the premiere, Tanner and Cami were later auditions, and Madeline's a one-chair turn like Eli is and I don't think they'd do that to Kelly in the premiere episode. 

Personally, I'd be unsurprised to see a switch out of Sid for John H. but given genre/vocal similarities to Tamara he may be on the Tuesday lineup instead.

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Looks like this seasons Views on socials will be similar to season 17s numbers or lower. You can see that having Nick brought a big boost in YouTube views since adams seasons. Now that Nick is gone, we’re gonna see a drop.

IG- 190,000V/500Comments

YT- 263K-850 comments

FB- 650K

Facebook is very lower than previous seasons leaks I think this is because in the past, the coaches and nbc reposted the leaks in their pages but this season there was no repost to draw in more viewers.

I don't know if it's thanks to Nick since it almost started as soon as your country was confined, hence the strong audiences

it's the same in our country, with confinement, The Voice S9 worked strongly

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, French20 said:

I don't know if it's thanks to Nick since it almost started as soon as your country was confined, hence the strong audiences

it's the same in our country, with confinement, The Voice S9 worked strongly

That definitely helped at least from Battles onward, but for most of the Blind Auditions my part of the United States (which is on the edge of where the show is most popular but was also a state that took the initial lockdowns more seriously) we didn't really go into full-blown lockdown until late March - according to a quick check, the first day of my home state's "stay at home" order coincides with the first day of Battles, so the part of the show that most not-obsessed people watch was already done.

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol Jason Warrior is now on AI newest season. So this guy went from The voice, to the four, to Sunday best, and now American idol 🤣. Does he get a break??

The real question - does his entitled attitude finally drop (given how his exit from the Four went and blew up in his face)?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

That definitely helped at least from Battles onward, but for most of the Blind Auditions my part of the United States (which is on the edge of where the show is most popular but was also a state that took the initial lockdowns more seriously) we didn't really go into full-blown lockdown until late March - according to a quick check, the first day of my home state's "stay at home" order coincides with the first day of Battles, so the part of the show that most not-obsessed people watch was already done.

then this season there were a lot of great performances in the battles, especially that of Nick with Allegra / Michael and the Roderick / Johanna duo

then the home performances have literally killed off this season, and what finished it was the announcement of the winner

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Some possible reasons for the low number of views/interactions across all social media platforms. 

-People weren’t that impressed with Tamara’s performance, hence the low number of shares. 

-They’ve already seen Tamara on the show, numerous times. We talk about the tendency of the producers to bring in at least one contestant like her every season. This season, we have two. Viewers are craving something different. In the absence of originality, they will default to someone like Jim. 

-People are bored with the show, and no longer wait breathlessly for the leak. 

I think it’s a combination of all of the above. 

The TV numbers for a lot of stuff this fall have been dreadful. Especially stuff that has date shifted. There are to many things on TV all at once, with sports, covid, and the presidential election, and to many people who gave up TV over the pandemic. Which is to say, I think ratings are going to be low this season for the voice. 

(also I love the site re-design)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The TV numbers for a lot of stuff this fall have been dreadful. Especially stuff that has date shifted. There are to many things on TV all at once, with sports, covid, and the presidential election, and to many people who gave up TV over the pandemic. Which is to say, I think ratings are going to be low this season for the voice. 

(also I love the site re-design)

Yeahhh same with the Masked singer they usually have 2.0 (18-34) and like 8 Mill views per episode. Now they’re getting 1.5 with about 5 million views. So I can see the voice views taking a dip this season.

but yeah that can also add to the list of why the views are low

Edited by jus.vshn

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Yeahhh same with the Masked singer they usually have 2.0 (18-34) and like 8 Mill views per episode. Now they’re getting 1.5 with about 5 million views. So I can see the voice views taking a dip this season.

but yeah that can also add to the list of why the views are low

Mask singer is really really really really bad, they get the audience they deserve

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

The real question - does his entitled attitude finally drop (given how his exit from the Four went and blew up in his face)?

he was a good singer, but i was revolted by his attitude... i hope for his own sake that he'll be better on AI

• Like 1

Just now, ashwinner said:

he was a good singer, but i was revolted by his attitude... i hope for his own sake that he'll be better on AI

Same, I'd rather support someone who's a 7.5 or 8/10 vocalist that's also a semi-likable person than a jerk who's a 9 or 9.5/10 vocalist. Hopefully in the last couple years he's learned a little humility.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

He definitely won’t do well in the AI votes if he keeps that attitude up. We saw this in Season 18 with Cyniah Elise and Nick Merico... :/ 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Same, I'd rather support someone who's a 7.5 or 8/10 vocalist that's also a semi-likable person than a jerk who's a 9 or 9.5/10 vocalist. Hopefully in the last couple years he's learned a little humility.

i totally agree with that assessment, although i won't hold my breath for him lol

ali put me off a little bit actually, but b/c she was a really good vocalist and there wasn't anything major i still supporter her 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Ughh I hate that show lol. I can’t wait until that gets replaced with an actual singing competition show

Oh wow I didn't know a lot hate Masked Singer. I personally love the idea of it, I just love how they give chance for artists to show their talent without judging them from their appearance made by the people that basically was meant to hate them lmao. But, yeah, I prefer The Four more than it but for me it is a good singing competition show, because it is all about the voice, not the appearance and all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol Jason Warrior is now on AI newest season. So this guy went from The voice, to the four, to Sunday best, and now American idol 🤣. Does he get a break??

Lmao nice for trying but his attitude while on The Four was a MAJOR TURN OFF. It is a shame because I super loved him on The Voice (side note: his battle with Christian was one of the BEST battles on The Voice). He is just too full of himself, tone it down honey

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Seems like that´s gonna be the case with Marissa vs Tanner this season.