AI S18 On With the Show: Disney / Mother's Day

istersay

At least the eliminated ones were acknowledged this week. Also, it goes to show the save is still a useless concept.

Disappointing but not surprising there are more male contestants remaining despite having more females at the beginning of the voting rounds.

Laine doing a Disney cover? Does he have any original music out now? If Alejandro gets to perform an original next week, then Laine is getting the Maddie Poppe treatment, especially with them mentioning Alejandro again tonight.

48 minutes ago, jjeem said:

My ranking the last 3 weeks: Dillon is dead last

My ranking tonight: Dillon is no. 1 back to back.

Congrats Dillon for pulling a curveball

Glad I'm not alone. He was utterly forgettable up until this point, or would have been if the producers hadn't played up his story of hitting rock bottom and being, what was it, two years sober?

Tonight, he had my top two performances. 

41 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Also, it goes to show the save is still a useless concept.

To be fair, there's no one anyone who was saved was going to garner up enough support to jump four placements in the vote. :haha: 

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

To be fair, there's no one anyone who was saved was going to garner up enough support to jump four placements in the vote. :haha: 

Agreed. It was easy to see that Makayla, or whoever was going to be saved, was going to be one of the four eliminated.

Then again, I'm not a fan of the save, period. I'd like to see contestants move on from the votes rather than these twists such as saves and wildcards. Besides, none of the saved contestants had a realistic chance of winning except BB Chez (though PP was winning that season no matter what).

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

lmaoo this is so true.

With ABC's American Idol, most of the judges wildcard picks have been eliminated the following week. So it wsa easy to see Makayla or whoever else got saved was gonna go.

1 hour ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

So good. I don't think tonight's contestants won a single head-to-head. 

YESS I love Vonzell. :wub: Probably not. :haha: 

the top 7 of american is: Arthur Gunn, Samantha (Just Sam) Diaz, Jonny West, Louis Knight, Julia Gargano, Fransisco Martin and Dillion James. That's 5 guys and 2 girls. and they brought the house down tonight. This american idol, and this is my breakdown.
Arthur Gunn - Disney Choice - Kiss The Girl and Mother's Day - Hey Ma by Bon Iver. He is frontrunner satus. Both choices fit him and his style and those raspy vocals, perfect. Song choice is key and he is one of the most marketable of the guys this year, and radio ready. Great performances.
Just Sam - Disney Choice - A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes and Mother's Day - I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera. Katy Perry compared her to Jennifer Hudson, i agree with that to a point. Jennifer didn't win American idol, but Sam could. I can see her in the top 2. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes was her cinderella moment. The vocals were beautiul and as Lionel Rictchie put it, as smooth as butter. I Turn To You, showcased those lungs of hers and powerfull vocals. Both songs were perfect for her. She is marketable, radio ready.
Jonny West - Disney Choice - Almost There and Mother's Day - Amazing Grace - Two of the strongest performances this year, and two of his best vocally, even though he has a lot of solid performances. He will have a huge career even if he doesn't win.
Louis Knight - Disney Choice - Can You Feel The Love Tonight and Mother's day - You've got A Friend. I wanted him to sing Can you Feel the love tonight and he just plained slayed it, solid performance. Thank you for choosing this song. Louis Knight is not a boybander. You've got a Friend - beautiful choice for his mother, it was sweet and so were his vocals.
Julia Gargano - Disney choice - Beauty And The Beast and Mother's Day Choice - Sweetest Devotion by Adele. STUNNER, SHE IS POSSIBLY THE WINNER OF AMERICAN IDOL THIS YEAR. Both songs were perfect for her. Those Vocals, wow. I love her. Marketable, radio ready.
Fransisco Martin - Disney Choice - You'll Be In My Heart and Mother's Day Choice - River. Both were great choices for him, and he nailed it, some of his strongest performances so far. Great job vocally and musicly with his guitar.
Dillon James - Disney Choice - Our Town and Mother's day Choice, Hang On, Hang On. Perfect way to end to the show tonight. He sang perfectly and a put a a nice country twist on these songs. Katy called him Country Post Malone, and i can see him in Country music and doing well too.
i will predict right now that a female will win American Idol this year.

12 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

No one stuck out for me but that has literally been the theme of this season. :dead:

This season had so much promise but it has turned out to be one of the worst in my opinion.

I liked Grace and MaKayla too.  I wish that there would have been time for all of the Top 11 contestants to perform before elimination.  This format reminds me of Season 14, and it isn't any better.

At least it's better to finish a compromised season rather than cancel the season early.

Edited by Walker359718