Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

SAUVAGE

Sauvage_-_film_poster.jpg

Released in 2018, Sauvage is a French drama film so I'm just going to assume Chris is the reason it's in this rankdown since apparently he only likes French films? :unsure: According to Wikipedia, it was directed by Camille Vidal-Naquet and produced by Emmanuel Giraud and Marie Sonne-Jensen. It stars Félix Maritaud as the lead character, portraying a male sex worker with drug problems who is looking for love. Eric Bernard, Nicolas Dibla and Philippe Ohrel also star as supporting cast members. It was nominated for several awards at film festivals, but won the Rising Star Award at Cannes and International First Film at the Jerusalem Film Festival. 

SAVE: Ben is Back because Lee DeWyze is on the soundtrack

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

SAUVAGE

Sauvage_-_film_poster.jpg

Released in 2018, Sauvage is a French drama film so I'm just going to assume Chris is the reason it's in this rankdown since apparently he only likes French films? :unsure: According to Wikipedia, it was directed by Camille Vidal-Naquet and produced by Emmanuel Giraud and Marie Sonne-Jensen. It stars Félix Maritaud as the lead character, portraying a male sex worker with drug problems who is looking for love. Eric Bernard, Nicolas Dibla and Philippe Ohrel also star as supporting cast members. It was nominated for several awards at film festivals, but won the Rising Star Award at Cannes and International First Film at the Jerusalem Film Festival. 

SAVE: Ben is Back because Lee DeWyze is on the soundtrack

I’m the reason and I was hoping it survived 😭

13 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Sauvage is a French drama film so I'm just going to assume Chris is the reason it's in this rankdown since apparently he only likes French films?

i actually like old french movies. which i watch with a really long cigarette holder in my hand with a beret on both me and my cat

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i actually like old french movies. which i watch with a really long cigarette holder in my hand with a beret on both me and my cat

actually in all seriousness, the like only biopics I like are La Vie en Rose and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (the latter of which is on of my favorite films of all time for reasons I cannot really explain!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Released in 2018, Sauvage is a French drama film so I'm just going to assume Chris is the reason it's in this rankdown since apparently he only likes French films? :unsure: 

I like more than just french movies, tyvm 😘 

But shame on me for loving movies in my maternal language. 

32 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

actually in all seriousness, the like only biopics I like are La Vie en Rose and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (the latter of which is on of my favorite films of all time for reasons I cannot really explain!)

Absolutely love La Vie en Rose ❤️ 

noms

Hanna

Silver Linings Playbook

Captain Phillips

The Way, Way Back

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Inherent Vice

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Bridge of Spies

Elle
Lion
My Life as a Zucchini 
Beach Rats
John Wick: Chapter 2
The Post
Isle of Dogs 
Love, Simon
Summer of 84
The Peanut Butter Falcon

NEW REAL NOMS

Hanna

Silver Linings Playbook

Captain Phillips

The Way, Way Back

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Compliance

Bridge of Spies

Elle
Lion
My Life as a Zucchini 
Beach Rats
John Wick: Chapter 2
The Post
Isle of Dogs 
Love, Simon
Summer of 84
The Peanut Butter Falcon

Lion

Lion_(2016_film).png

tumblr_om4xk47tWR1v77p1oo4_500.gifv

Lion is a 2016 biographical drama film based on the 2013 non-fiction book A Long Way Home. The plot follows the life of a five-year-old Indian boy that gets lost on the streets of Calcultta, thousands of kilometers from home. During this time, he survives many challenges before being adopted by an Australian couple. 25 years later, he decides to find his lost family. The cast included the likes of Dev Patel, Rooney Mara, David Wenham, Nicole Kidman and Abhishek Bharate. The movie was a total success making $140M against a budget of $12M. Reviews were great with critics praising Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman performances and with both of them earning Oscar nominations for supporting roles and the movie for Best Picture. 84 in RT and 69 in Metascore make it seemed like a solid film but I haven't watched so out it goes.

Saving John Wick 2

JOHNWICK2.gif?format=1500w

*when my internet doesn’t actively conspire against me*

My internet has been so shit the last few days but I promise I will add pics to these write ups at some point. Beyond that, this is a fun movie, but not one that I particularly think is really great, but in the grand scheme of things, there are worse ways to spend 2 hours. Directed and produced by Matthew Vaughn, and based on the comic books of the same name, the film follows the recruitment, training and first big mission of Eggsy. The film has a really good cast, with performances by Taron Egerton, Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Strong and Michael Caine. It was also successful enough to get a sequel and a prequel (that should be released next year). 

Save: Silver Linings Playbook