The Endless (2018)
The Kindergarten Teacher (2018)
Upgrade (2018)
We the Animals (2018)
Wild Rose (2019)

True Grit

True_Grit_Poster.jpg

PgUP.gif

im about to go to sleep so I will make a crappy write-up now and make it much better tomorrow during the day. True Grit is a movie that I’ve never wanted to watch cause it looks so damn boring and I know it may not be the case but I’m always gonna be predisposed to Western Movies. The movie came in 2010 and it is the film adaptation of the 1968 book of the same name and the remake of the 1969 movie of the same name as well. The plot of the movie revolves around a 14-year-old farm girl that sets out to capture the killer of her father and in the process she ends up hiring the toughest U.S. Marshall she can find. Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin and Hailee Steinfeld we’re in the movie. Reviews were great with a 96 RT and 80 MS. Ten nominations to the academy awards but now win. And a box office success with $250M against a budget of $40M.

Save We the animals 

we+the+animals+2.gif

Edited by .Rei

Battle of the Sexes (2017 dir. by Valerie Faris + Jonathan Dayton)

1-17.gif

Sports films are not the films for me. Especially biographical sports films. This movie has definitely lasted way too long in my opinion. Loosely based on the 1973 tennis match between Billie Jean King and Bobbie Riggs, the film starts in 1970 with the events that directly lead to the Original 9 signing on to the Women's Tennis Association after confronting Jack Kramer on the inequality that existed in the tennis world. The film then explores the personal lives of King and Riggs that caused the latter to suggest this match-up and the former to accept the challenge. The film ends at the 1973 match-up.

In the starring roles are Emma Stone and Steve Carrell. Initially, Brie Larson was cast in the role of King. The cast also stars Andrea Riseborough, Sarah Silverman, Bill Pullman, Alan Cumming, Elisabeth Shue, Austin Stowell, Natalie Morales, Jessica McNamee, Fred Armisan, and many more. The film was produced by Danny Boyle, Christian Colson, and Robert Graf.

The film premiered at the Telluride Film Festival. Despite a budget of $25 million and positive reviews upon release, the movie was a major box office bomb, earning only $18.6 million at the box office. Probably because this story is one that has been told before through documentaries and is a story that is very well-documented. Not necessarily a film that needed to be made. Critics praised the performances from Emma Stone and Steve Carrell, both of them earning Golden Globe noms for Best Actor/Actress in a Motion Pictures Comedy/Musical. Some critics think this is Emma Stone's best performance of her career, which is very laughable tbh. Currently holds a 73/100 on Metacritic and 7.19/10 average rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Good film. Fine performances. Unnecessary film and nothing special enough about it for it to make the Top 200.

SAVING: The Skin I Live In

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

THIS CUT DOESN'T SHOW THAT

I AM SORRY. 

I will take it to Twitter, but I would love a film to be made on the Serena-Venus 2009 WTA Tour Championships Round-Robin match or the 2003 Australian Open finals. Or even the 2003 Wimbledon Finals. LOL. Drunk thoughts.

WvZR.gif

When Marnie Was There

A non-Takahato/Miyazaki movie from Studio Ghibli which unfortunately just means that it's not as good. Still great but just not as good as the what was supposed to be the last Miyazaki movie before he un-retired. Anyway, When Marnie Was There was directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi who is a good director but his two works (this and Mary and the Witch's Flower) feel a bit like a pastiche of the best Studio Ghibli works. The film follows a girl named Anna who after suffering an asthma attack brought on by stress and anxiety moves out to live with relatives of her foster mother in some wetlands where she meets a mysterious girl named Marnie. It is there that she learns the truth about her family and the situation that brought her into foster care. Again, it's an overall good movie. There are just better movies and better Studio Ghibli/Animated/Anime movies.

Saving: The Wind Rises

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Imagine. Thinking a movie about Billie Jean King's crusade for equality in women's tennis and women's sport is inessential. 

Inessential in that the story had been told more effectively before!!!

29 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I AM SORRY. 

I will take it to Twitter, but I would love a film to be made on the Serena-Venus 2009 WTA Tour Championships Round-Robin match or the 2003 Australian Open finals. Or even the 2003 Wimbledon Finals. LOL. Drunk thoughts.

wow weird how we are talking about BJK and you try to deflect to the Williams sisters. 

7 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

wow weird how we are talking about BJK and you try to deflect to the Williams sisters. 

Not deflecting just drunk from lunch. LOL. 

7 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

There. Has not???? Been a biopic about Billie Jean King or Battle of the Sexes that was made for real theaters?????

Correct. I think I said in the write-up that I had preferred documentaries I had watched to the biopic itself.