Clarabelle Cow
Widow Tweed
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
John Smith
The Magic Carpet

Bashful

latest?cb=20190312085147

Honestly we should've combined like five out of seven of the dwarves into one character lol. I know Sneezy was just cut and I just want to use the sneezy writeup but change all the sneezing adjectives to bashfulness. Bashful is the dwarf that is bashful. He's shy and coy and self-conscious. Honestly the entire writeup should be one damn word! He's bashful! That's his personality. There's nothing more to him or any of these dwarves outside of their one word name. Maybe someone who likes the movie more feels passionate about these dwarves but I certainly don't. What's his storyline? Snow White breaks into his house and they keep her there. She protects them and they protect her. She dies and they're all sad. They do nothing. But I can promise you that Bashful remains bashful throughout the entire movie.

Save Captain Hook and Mr. Smee

Lightning McQueen (Cars)

giphy.gif

About time. Sorry @1234567890 but this needed to happen ages ago, and there are some seriously big names in that set of nominations. I could not afford Lightning surviving over the likes of Mickey or Minnie.

Lightning McQueen is the protagonist of the horrid Cars franchise, except for Cars 2 when he takes a backseat to Mater. I could make this write-up massive, but I do not care enough about Lightning to go over absolutely everything he has done in the main film franchise + multiple media spin-offs. I still to this day cannot believe that of all the incredible Pixar films, somehow Cars was the one turned into a massive franchise. The movies suck. Lightning McQueen is a somewhat unlikable protagonist who is utilized as a serious cash grab by Disney. I know that his character improved over the course of the series, but I just find him really unlikable. Lightning started the series as an overconfident, egotistical, self-centered, cocky, arrogant, perfectionist car. Lightning had zero desire to learn the names of anybody, claimed that he did not need friends, etc.

Yes, I know that plenty of Disney protagonists start out pretty terribly and have serious redemption arcs. But Lightning keeps many of his negative qualities? He never stops being over-confident, slightly arrogant, impatient, and stubborn. He evolves into a much kinder, caring, loving, brave, selfless individual, but nonetheless very annoying. Do I think he should be the highest placing character from the series? Absolutely. But I also think the Cars series needed to make its exit from the game like two weeks ago. I can see why kids love Lightning, but any sensible adult knows that he holds the distinct honor of being the worst protagonist of the worst series Disney has to offer.

It's his time to go.

SAVING: Mickey Mouse

Widow Tweed

tumblr_mzybjvJbGL1qhry52o3_250.gifv

I like the majority of these characters, and Fox and the Hound is a movie I never really cared for, so this one was a pretty easy choice for me. Widow Tweed is a major character in the move, and a kind and motherly type. She takes in the orphaned fox cub and names him Tod (because he reminds her of a toddler). They form a quick bond, as she becomes a mother figure to him, and he eases her loneliness since her husband’s passing. Don’t let her appearance fool you , she proves to be quite a badass when standing up to Amos Slade to protect her little cub. But after several run-ins, she realizes she can’t protect Tod forever, and makes the decision to release him to a game preserve where he will be safer and live as nature intended. They share a hug before parting ways.

Saving: Minnie Mouse

Clarabelle Cow

Ub Iwerks Clarabelle Cow (With images) | Clarabelle cow, Ub iwerks ...

the beach party black and white gif (With images) | Vintage ...

clarabelle cow gif | Tumblr

Best Clarabelle Cow GIFs | Gfycat

happy minnie mouse GIF

Voiced by Elvia Allman (1904-1992) from 1933 to 1990:

Elvia Allman - Actress. Although she made quite a few screen ...

Voiced by April Winchell from 1996 to present:

April Winchell | Disney Wiki | Fandom

Clarabelle made her official debut in 1930, though there were other similar looking cows in the Disney-verse before that time that could plausibly have been Clarabelle. She started showing up in Mickey Mouse cartoons and comics, usually as Minnie's friend or as Horace Horsecollar's girlfriend. She was in this legendary Mickey cartoon:

516?cb=20180208010325

I had that on VHS and watched it ALL THE TIME as a kid. Clarabelle kind of faded into the background after the early Mickey & Friends days, but she appears later in Mickey's Christmas Carol, a theatrical featurette that showed before some showings of The Rescuers and The Jungle Book, and she was in The Prince and the Pauper, a featurette that showed before Rescuers Down Under. So she has some theater experience! She also made cameo appearances in these two films:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) - Rotten TomatoesA look at the research behind “Ralph Breaks the Internet” – The ...

Around the 2000s, Clarabelle became more prominent and moved on from being a love interest of Horace Horsecollar to a love interest of Goofy! He didn't have a love interest before, so this was a super interesting development/choice for both characters. She has been making some TV appearances lately and become a staple to the Mickey & Friends group.

Clarabelle and goofy - Posts | FacebookGoofy and Clarabelle | Clarabelle cow, Goofy pictures, GoofyGoofy and Clarabelle are such a cute couple. - Album on Imgur

However, my biggest memory of Clarabelle is her appearance on the 12 Days of Christmas song that my parents had on vinyl and would play as a kid during Christmas time. Her part starts at 2:15 lololololololol

Save Tinker Bell

Happy

xFmXiUS.gif

This is really not a cut I want to make, but I suppose it's the best option to go with at this point. Happy is one of seven dwarfs in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and they are better known as a group, with a few being stand out favorites. Although, I suppose any of them could be a favorite for someone. I like Happy and don't know where he'd land on my own personal dwarf ranking, but that is something to think about. He is called Happy due to his optimistic and jovial personality. He often has a cheery smile on his face, and loves to share the things he loves - food, dancing, parties - with the other dwarfs. Sharing is caring and that is a thing I learned from Happy the dwarf.

FUN FACT:  I am reading a collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales, which includes several of the Disney stories in their original form, and none of the dwarfs were named in the original Snow White (which was called Little Snow White). They didn't have distinct personalities and were a collective unit who let Snow White stay in their home if she would do all their chores and household duties for them. It still gets me that she randomly wandered into their cabin in the woods and decided it was a good idea to sleep in their beds. :dead:   Side note, in the original Cinderella the step-sisters get their eyes pecked out by pigeons. I may not get another chance to share that, so I will do it here. This write-up has really taken a turn now, but my point was that the dwarfs were not named until the Broadway play in 1912, but then Walt Disney changed their names to how we know them for the 1937 movie. :yes:  

The dwarfs are my favorite part of Snow White, so I am in fact, sad (not happy), to be removing happiness from this rankdown. I just hope that Happy can stay happy by joining his fellow fallen dwarfs, including Bashful, who was just cut. ❤️ 

Saving: Peter Pan

5vds.gif

9 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I like Happy and don't know where he'd land on my own personal dwarf ranking, but that is something to think about.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the film, but I believe this would be my ranking:

1. Dopey

2. Bashful

3. Grumpy

4. Sleepy

5. Happy

6. Sneezy

7. Doc

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the film, but I believe this would be my ranking:

1. Dopey

2. Bashful

3. Grumpy

4. Sleepy

5. Happy

6. Sneezy

7. Doc

Mine might be similar! I feel like I'd have Doc higher, but definitely Dopey at the top. The rest could be like yours, or I could rewatch it and totally change my mind. :haha: 

• Like 1