JC - 10/20

Zoey - 11/20

Nico - 11/20

Elliott - 18/20

----------------------

WALLACE

original.jpg

original.gif

Little Mix are a pop and R&B group consisting of Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall, who competed on The X Factor U.K. Series 8.  Little Mix were part of the Groups category and was mentored by Tulisa. Little Mix not only won the competition but became the first group to ever win The X Factor U.K.. Wow Little Mix had such a dynamic and fascinating journey to watch on the show (let’s not forget they started off as Rhythmix). They started off as individual artists and had to learn how to work and perform as a group. For some groups they can start off as a disaster but Little Mix, while maybe a bit rough around the edges, they had something special about them that you knew they would work. I loved watching their growth throughout the course of their series. Then they would blossom into one of the most successful acts from and sell millions of records! :omg: They are still going strong today. Regarding this rankdown and this was something I tried keeping to myself (except I did tell Denise) but Little Mix were my winner’s pics of this game. Then they got eliminated on Nico’s battle round and i was wrong for a moment. I still think they got a great shot to win but I’m not too confident about it. But I will give my thoughts on their run!

HorribleBonyBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Week 1: “Super Bass

- Oooh Little Mix taking on some Nicki Minaj? So unexpected but I was here for it! :bobo:And so was Tom. This was such a fun and energetic performance from them. I loved how they showed off some rapping ability and singing here although this was far from their best technical vocal performance. But they would show that off eventually. They performed and had so much fun with this! :bobo: Great for their first live shows performance! OMG Gary calling them the best girl group ever on The X Factor right from Week 1. I mean….. he was not wrong (although Miss Frank was great on Week 1 so let’s not forget) but poor those other girl groups.

165587f9472349f36f353b3e08f8cdb0.gif

Week 2: “I’m Like a Bird”

- I love this song (and come to think of it I think I loved all of their song choices) but this was one of my lesser favorites from them. It’s not one that stands out to me fro their run but even then, I still really liked this. I loved the modern funky spin they put onto this song. They sounded good on the opening section and improved on their harmonies here. I liked how they had the audience engaged with them here too.

HarmlessFarAmericancrow-size_restricted.

Week 3: “Tik Tok”/“Push It”

- Little Mix taking on their first mash-up on the live shows with a Kesha and Salt-n-Pepa song. But oooo this was Rock week and uhhh how in the world are these two songs considered rock? I do NOT get. I looove both of these songs but this makes no sense. :haha: I guess the songs had more of a rock edge with its arrangement to make it fit within the theme? With that said, I did love this kind of in a guilty pleasure way. I love their energy with how they performed this in such a fun way. :bobo: I thought they sang and performed this really well. They were fun, sassy and full of attitude! :bobo: Okay Louis/Kelly/Gary all said these songs were not rock which I completely agree with. I blame the misunderstanding on Tulisa who thought rock meant adding rock-guitar rifts on the songs…. which does not make sense. :haha:  

AthleticSkeletalAchillestang-size_restri

Week 4: “E.T.”

- This was Halloween week and when Rhythmix changed to and birthed Little Mix. This was right around the time where I felt they were really stepping it up and getting better and better each week. I do love how they started the song with a softness to it and then they built it up really well. I loved their vocals and the attitude  that they brought to the song. Their harmonies were so on point. The performance aspect didn’t have this huge production but their make-up and styling was quite eerie and creepy but they mad it work so well.

original.gif

Week 5: “Don’t Stop the Music”

- Little Mix taking on Rihanna? I am totally here for it! :bobo: I love this song and  really love their version of this. They brought great vocals, stage presence and dancing all throughout the performance. They were really improving so much each week with their dancing and vocals. So fierce and great. Loved this! :wub:

OpenThreadbareBichonfrise-size_restricte

Week 6: “Radio Ga Ga”/“Telephone”

- Little Mix were continuing proving themselves to be contenders with this performance. I love how Little Mix were the only act to take on both a Queen and a Lady Gaga song on Queen vs. Lady Gaga week. Such geniuses. :giggle: And wow they were the only group left on the competition after The Risk’s shock elimination. Back to the performance, the “Radio GaGa” a cappella part was cute and well sung but the ladies absolutely slayed it on “Telephone.” They brought all the attitude, stage presence and star quality here. I loved how they performed and sang this song. Also really loved Perrie’s long note here. They were killing it on all levels and I was loving every second of this. :bobo: Ugh I love Kelly Rowland (and you all know this) but dangg she was so nitpicky with Little Mix each week regarding their vocals. And ugh at Gary saying they were becoming predictable. :/

tumblr_mclz4yVyil1r4ieiwo1_500.gifv

tumblr_mpd0ye7LWS1sw3mipo1_500.gif

Week 7: “Don’t Let Go (Love)”

- Kelly and Gary were wanting Little Mix to do something different this week - to sway away from their pop/R&B sound and give something with more vocal depth and they definitely did so with this performance. “Don’t Let Go (Love)” was an incredible performance and such a game changer for Little Mix. Kelly was wanting vocals and harmonies from them.. and Little Mix GAVE THAT ALL here. Their vocals & harmonies  were incredible from start to finish. :omg: They brought the attitude, conviction and maturity to this performance. It was a nice different side of them we hadn’t seen from them.  This is often viewed as their best performance and deservingly so. This performance did turn them into THE frontrunners to win. This deserved an all 4 judges standing ovation.

ParchedElderlyHogget-size_restricted.gif

Week 8: “Baby”/“Where Did Out Love Go” and “Beautiful”

- “Baby”/“Where Did Out Love Go” was a really cute and fun performance but it was a little bit of a letdown and not as standout’ish as their last 4 or so performances. Both songs were fun and cute. They sung and performed well with them making it their own. I did love how they mashed up a modern pop song and a Motown classic while making it all so seamless together. But yeah this didn’t standout and I do think they could do better. Gary was wanting something more stripped back arrangement-use and he got that with “Beautiful.” This was such a special performance because Jesy was facing a lot of insecurities and had so many negative comments about her looks and weight. She would often have breakdowns about it from the VTs we see. :( So this was the perfect song for Jesy and the rest of the girls to sing together. This was absolutely beautiful. They delivered one of their best (if not the best) vocal performance in the competition. Their harmonies and vocals were so on point! :omg: 

DescriptiveHealthyIberianmole-size_restr

Week 9: “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” and “If I Were a Boy”

- “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” was another cute and fun performance from Little Mix but not really a standout. They sung and performed the song decently and they brought the Motown flair that was needed here. I do feel bad for that lyric mess-up that Leigh-Ann did here. This just wasn’t too memorable compared to their other performances. Little mix taking on Beyoncé? Of course I was here for that! Their “If I Were a Boy” was gorgeous. I loved the vocals they all bright individually and as a group with their harmonies. Perrie and Leigh-Anne were especially the slaying the runs of this song! :omg: Grr Gary thinking they had a bad night this week. Their IIWAB was great. Omg Tulisa lost her mind and came across so threatening asking the fans to vote for them. :dead: 

NervousComposedAmericanriverotter-size_r

source.gif

Kirn.gif

Week 10: “You’ve Got the Love,” “If I Ain’t Got You”/“Empire State of Mind” (duet with Tulisa), “Don’t Let Go (Love),” “Silent Night” and “Cannonball”

-  I was so excited that Little Mix got into the finale as they deserved to! They kicked off the night with “You’ve Got the Love,” which was an exciting and high energy performance. I believe they were at Wembley Stadium this week? It really felt like the first Little Mix stadium performance we would ever see. This performance had everything from great vocals to great dancing to high energy and full on entertainment! :spaz: They came off as and looked like seasoned guest performers! The “If I Ain’t Got You”/“Empire State of Mind” (duet with Tulisa was rally beautiful. I loved how they mashed up both of these songs. They delivered a nice vulnerable emotion, beautiful vocals and harmonies on “If I Ain’t Got You.” :wub: Then I love how they brought the funk, style and attitude to “Empire State of Mind” and had fun with it! They delivered another outstanding version of “Don’t Let Go (Love)” on the final. This was a smart choice for them to reprise as this was viewed as their best performance. Aww Kelly crying and being so happy for them with how far they have come was a special moment. “Silent Night”was their Christmas themed performance and while not my ultimate favorite of theirs, this was still a really beautiful performance. They sounded so gorgeous on this. :wub: I wasn’t crazy about “Cannonball” as a winner’s single song choice for them but I do really like/love their version of it if that makes sense? Their opening vocals on the a cappella section were gorgeous. Jade and Perrie carried and sounded gorgeous on the first verse while Leigh Anne and Jesy carried and sounded gorgeous on the second verse. I just loved how they all shone individually and as a group! :wub:

giphy.gif

Little Mix went onto winning the competition and I was so excited for them! :spaz: Not only were they the first group to win but the first girl group to win! The girl groups before Little Mix have had such a terrible track record on the show. In the first 7 series, I think only one girl group made the Top 5 and the rest of the girl groups were eliminated within the first 3 weeks. So this was a historical moment Little Mix made for themselves and girl groups.  They certainly deserved their win and really grew the most that series!

1484908057-giphy-14.gif

Little Mix also went onto achieve major international success after their win. I would say they are the 3rd most successful The X Factor act after One Direction and Leona Lewis. I am not sure of the exact stats but that feels right to me. :haha: Although they deserve MUCH better from the U.S. Little Mix have had such amazing careers and have released so many songs I really love from them. Some of my favorite songs from them includes: “Wings,” “DNA,” “How Ya Doin’?,” “Move,” “Salute,” “Black Magic,” “Love Me Like You,” “Secret Love Song,” “Hair,” “Shout Out To My Ex,” “Touch,” “Power,” “Reggaeton Lento (Remix) with CNCO,” “Woman Like Me,” “Strip”  and “Bounce Back.” Ah these are all such great songs and I like even more from them. :wub: I am positive Little Mix will have a great ranking on here - will it be enough for them to win? I don’t know but I put them as high as I could at #2 so I did my part…. and I hope Zoey appreciates this ranking! 😛 I will close this out with some of my favorite songs from Little Mix below! 

VICTORIA

source.gif

I can honesty admit they are the best group to be on any The X Factor series I have every seen. That is putting my bias aside for One Direction because although I love them on the show Little Mix ate them up. Same goes for 4th Power who were over-hyped during their season. At least One Directed backed it up and became the best-selling The X Factor act of any franchise. The X Factor UK were itching to get a group to win and this was evident after One Direction lost during The X Factor UK Series 7. We all know the story of One Direction. 5 boys auditioned as solo acts and they all got the final cut before Judges Houses. Nicole Scherzinger had the idea who form them as a group along with Belle Amie even though Simon Cowell likes to take all the credit for One Direction, especially. :haha: Little Mix has a similar story. Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jade Thirlwall all auditioned as solo artists and were cut before Judges Houses. The girls were actually formed into different groups and they brought these 4 together to form another girl group. The catalyst for this happening was Kelly Rowland (+ Tulisa) so they were given a second chance and they weren't going to let it slip through their fingers. Their original group name was Rhythmix and even went by this name until Week 4 when they were forced to change it because of a legal battle with a charity that had the same name. Little Mix was a way better name anyway. 😘 They performed "Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal)" by Fergie and "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake as Judges House. The Fergie song was good and Perrie was the girl who I felt stood out the most. I don't why they sang two songs but their take on the Justin Timberlake song was great. They added their flair and urban flair to the song and Leigh-Anne even rapped during the performance. Although rough around the edges you can tell they had potential and something special so they made it the live shows. For Week 1 Rhythmix (Little Mix) sang "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj and it was the perfect song for them tbh. They had the chemistry and Leigh-Anne could rap so it would be interesting to see how it would pan out. Leigh-Anne rapped like I knew she would and to my surprise so did Jesy. Jade and Perrie supported with the vocals. Perrie's voice was beautiful on the performance. It wasn't a perfect start but I just needed their harmonies and the routine to be a little better. Kelly Rowland have this critique and she knows what she is talking about because she is from Destiny's Child. Gary called them the best girl group to every be on the show on it was only Week 1. Amazing. Rhythmix (Little Mix) chose to sing "I'm Like A Bird" by Nelly Furtado and the girls were really worried about breaking the girl group curse on the show and I had a feeling they would do that. :haha: Tulisa stood up for the performance but I think it was more her being proud of them than the performance itself. The girls all shined in that performance and you could tell their chemistry, harmonies and routine all just got better in the span of one week. They didn't try to outdo each other which I loved and everyone had a moment to shine. Week 3 the girls decided to do a mashup and Rhythmix (Little Mix) decided to mashup "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha and "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa. It was Rock week and Perrie was named after Steve Perry from Journey so I had faith they would deliver. Tbh, I feel like Tulisa kind of cheated here because Ke$ha is pop and Salt-N-Pepa is hip-hop. :haha: Louis called them out on this as well. Just because you have a song that mentions Mick Jagger doesn't make it rock either. Kelly clocked Tulisa on that as well. :dead: It was a nice performance but it was not a rock performance at all. It was my least favorite performance of them yet. Gary called Tulisa out as well. :dead: Tulisa totally missed the mark this week regarding the theme. The performance was good but they didn't sing a rock song. This would be the last time they would be referred to as Rhythmix and they officially became Little Mix. It happened during the perfect week which was Halloween! 👻 So you could say Little Mix was officially born during Week 4. "E.T." by Katy Perry was the first song they chose as Little Mix. Tulisa stood and Alexandra was even there a guest judge/mentor. Alexandra said they upped the game for girl groups on the show. Their harmonies were amazing. The staging amazing. Perrie really stood out with her vocal prowess. A big hug to Jesy who was being bullied online at this point in the competition. 🤗 This week for the intro package we got a little insight into every girl which was nice. The song they chose this week was "Don't Stop The Music" by Rihanna. Dare I say I liked it better than Alexandra's version when she did it on the show. :shock: Jade and Perrie shined towards the end with their vocals. They were really coming into their own as a group and I think they were believing in themselves more and more. The X Factor girl group curse is officially broken I can say. Tulisa said they could win at this point. Going into Week 6 they were last group in the competition standing as The Risk were eliminated the week before. Week 6 say another mashup for the girls and they picked the most perfect combo of "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen and "Telephone" by Lady Gaga & Beyoncé. I know I sound like a broken record but Perrie's voice soared on that last note of the performance. Tulisa stood up again, but she is their mentor so that is to be expected. Louis thought they smashed it, but Kelly and Gary were kind down on the girls. Kelly said their harmonies could have been better and Gary said they were becoming predictable at this point. They had a huge fan base and have gone further than any other girl group. Week 7 was a defining moment for the girl group. They met The Saturdays this week which was cool. They had chemistry and you could tell they all got along like the Spice Girls. They sang "Don't Let Go (Love)" by En Vogue from the movie Set It Off. Tulisa stood up and I though all the judges should have as well. All the girls shined except Jade imo. Kelly was finally happy with their harmonies which was a victory. Gary called it their best performance which I agreed with. Week 8 saw the girls sing two songs this week. For their first performance they mashed up "Baby" by Justin Bieber and "Where Did Our Love Go" by The Supremes. The theme was Guilty Pleasures and it was a cute performance from them. It wasn't as good as last week but still great. Tulisa stood up even though she should have sat down. :haha: It was cheeky and fun though. Louis said there was something lacking and I agree. Kelly criticized the performance as well. It was a step-down from last week but that was okay. Their next performance would make it up because Gary wanted them to strip it down and this performance of "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera did just that. THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. :wub: This was an emotional performance from them and I can tell it meant a lot to Jesy. Jesy and Perrie were the standouts of this performance. Tulisa stood up and I don't know the other judges didn't. HATERS. 😘 I loved this performance from them. It was a real performance and their chemistry was amazing. They made the Semi-Finals and the girls sang "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by The Surpemes and "If I Were A Boy" by Beyoncé. The Supremes are the ultimate girl group and they did the song and Motown justice. Jade shown in this performance. There was a mishap with Leigh-Anne but we can forgive that. Perrie brought it home in the end like always. :wub: There was something missing to tbh. They needed to knock it out in their second performance to make it to the Finals. Gary saying Perrie was the best singer of the band and I totally agree. ❤️ Oops. This was a step-up from their last performance. Gary compared them to Girls Aloud and Sugababes. Gary said they didn't do enough tonight and Tulisa went off on a rampage. Tulisa was a bit much and I started to dislike her. I get passion but you couldn't say anything negative without getting her riled up. It was a rough week for the girls but they still made the Finals due to their devoted fan base. The Final was set with Amelia Lily, Marcus Collins and Little Mix. They had a Free Choice and a Mentor Duet to do. For their first song they chose "You Got the Love" by The Source feat. Candi Staton. The beginning of their performance reminded me of the Spice Girls. If you've watched Spice World you would know what I mean. The staging was amazing. The intro was amazing. Their vocals were on point. Perrie took hold of the song and didn't let go. I loved it. ALL THE JUDGES STOOD UP! FINALLY! 👏 For their Mentor Duet they sang "If I Ain't Got You" / "Empire State of Mind" by Alicia Keys / Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys with Tulisa Contostavlos. They called Tulisa the 5th member of Little Mix but the girls could sing way better than Tulisa ever could. Sorry not sorry. 😘 Tulisa held her own with the girls surprisingly. The beginning was beautiful and they rocked it out for the Jay-Z and Alicia Keys collab. It was a good performance and Tulisa didn't outdo them. I liked it. They made the Top 2 as Amelia Lily was eliminated that night. On result night the girls had to sing three songs. For their first song they reprised "Don't Let Go (Love)" by En Vogue which was my favorite performance by them. It was more crisp than their first time. Kelly was crying. They looked like a proper girl group up there. Amazing performance and choice by the girls. I'm never a big fan of when the contestants have to sing a Christmas song but Little Mix. sang "Silent Night" beautifully. "Silent Night" is a popular Christmas single but the version mostly known is by Bing Crosby, fyi. Perrie's vocals stood out to me the most. 🎄 For their last performance and their Winners Single they performed "Cannonball" by Damien Rice. It was not "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson but it didn't matter because they did everything they needed to do to win at this point. They were sisters at this point and you could see that. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Tulisa and Kelly stood up as they should. The first group won the show and beat Marcus Collins' as they should. I wrote more than I thought considering I was going to cut them at one point when those awful battle rounds happened. :dead: So in review, Little Mix are a four-member English female pop/R&B group consisting of members Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jade Thirlwall. They were rejects like One Direction who became a girl group. They were in the Group category and were mentored by Tulisa Contostavlos. They were crowned the winners defeating Marcus Collins and this made them the first ever group to win the original show. Little Mix along with One Direction and Fifth Harmony are one of the most influential bands to have partaken in The X Factor UK. They are still together and no one has left unlike One Direction and Fifth Harmony. They are one of the most successful acts from the show so I will discuss their accolades post-show. Their debut single debuted at #1 on the UK Singles Chart so that was great for "Cannonball" and the girls. Their debut album DNA debuted at #3 on the UK Albums Chart and #4 on the Billboard Top 200. They garnered success in the US so that is cool. "Wings" hit #1 on the UK Singles Chart and #79 on the the US Hot 100. "DNA" peaked at #3, "Changed Your Life" at #12 and "How Ya Doin'?" feat. Missy Elliott at #16.  5 Top 20 singles in the UK is great for a debut album. Their second album Salute debuted at #4 on the UK Albums Chart and #6 on the Billboard Top 200. "Move" peaked at #3, "Little Me" at #14, "Word Up!" wasn't on Salute but peaked at #6 and "Salute" peaked at #6. Not bad for a sophomore showing. Their third album Get Weird debuted at #2 on the UK Albums Chart and #13 on the Billboard Top 200. "Move" peaked at #3, "Little Me" at #14, "Word Up!" wasn't on Salute but peaked at #6 and "Salute" peaked at #6. Not bad for a sophomore showing. "Black Magic" peaked at #1 on the UK Single Chart and they had their highest peaking single in the US at #67 with "Black Magic". "Love Me Like You Do" peaked at #11. "Secret Love Song" feat. Jason Derulo peaked at #6 and "Hair" feat. Sean Paul peaked at #11. This was their best-selling album in the UK up to this point. Their third album Glory Days debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart and #25 on the Billboard Top 200. They finally for their #1 album in the UK so bless for that. "Shout Out to My Ex" peaked at #1 in the UK and #69 in the US. At the 2017 Brit Awards "Shout Out to My Ex" won Little Mix their first ever Brit Award for British Single of the Year and it was a son for Zayn Malik from Perrie. We all know their "love story" and breakup at this point. It got them a BRIT so thanks Zayn? "Touch" peaked at #4, "No More Sad Songs" feat. Machine Gun Kelly peaked at #15,, "Power" feat. Stormzy peaked at #6. Glory Days: The Platinum Edition was re-released and a single which peaked at #5 called "Reggaetón Lento (Remix)" with CNCO. This was a great era for them and their best-selling for them in the UK. Their last album was released in 2018 and was called LM5. It peaked at #3 in the UK and #40 in the US. "Only You" feat. Cheat Code peaked at #13, "Woman Like Me" feat. Nicki Minaj peaked at #2 and "Think About Us" feat. Ty Dolla $ign) peaked at #22 all in the UK. Overrall, they have 5 Top 5 UK singles in the UK and 5 Top 40 albums in the US. She has 5 #1 singles in the UK, they have 27 Top 40 singles in the UK. They have 3 Top 80 singles in the US which isn't great but not bad. Little Mix have had so much sucesss and if it wasn't for One Direction they would be the biggest group from the show but they are second success wise. I love these girls and I think they could win. It would be great for them to be eliminated and then go on to win. A big congrats to @Zoey who I know is a big fan. Congrats to myself because I love them. Congrats to @*Wallace and @Steven_ as well. I would say congrats to @Elliott but he put them in danger to many times to include him. 😘 SHOUTOUT TO @aliasocfan AS WELL. I love them and I love that they are all still together. They are in the Top 10 most successful acts from the show for sure. They are my choice to win and if they don't I would be shocked, but I could see some tanking theme so I guess we will see. LITTLE MIX 4 LIFE. ❤️

TOM

Little Mix, along with Ruth and Samantha, have one of the X Factor journeys I was most excited about. Consisting of Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jesy Nelson, they were formed at bootcamp of X Factor UK series 8 by Tulisa, and originally went by Rhythmix. They had to change it due to legal issues, and it did them good, because while I loved I'm Like a Bird, they really came alive as Little Mix, delivering many great performances like Telephone, Don't Stop the Music, If I Were a Boy, Beautiful, Set if Off, and of course, Cannonball. Their win felt like the only underdog win in the history of X Factor UK due to them being the first group to win, and a girl group at that. Their camaraderie and friendship helped viewers bond with them for sure. After the show, they went on from success to success, releasing jam after jam like DNA, Touch, Shout Out to My Ex, Black Magic (which really pushed them into the UK mainstream I believe), and No More Sad Songs. My personal favorite by them is Secret Love Song, which I've posted below. Their most recent album had more hip-hop stylings which I didn't like as much, but their new album seems like it will be more pop/R&B which I love. They're definitely one of my favorite X Factor acts ever.

STEVEN

I didn't learn about Little Mix until after their time on The X Factor. But even outside of their X Factor journey, I still like them enough to rank within my Top 3. As for their X Factor journey, they were four girls who auditioned separately before they were brought together as a group. Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Jade Thirwall, and Leigh-Anne Pinnock are all fantastic singers, and they're even better together. Before they were Little Mix, they were called Rhythmix for the first few weeks of the competition. Their dynamic performances, strong voices, and camaraderie made them popular with the viewers, and Little Mix became the first group act to win the competition. I went back and watched their X Factor journey, and I was impressed by their performances. They had a lot of great song choices to allow them to showcase their talent. My favorite performances of theirs include "Super Bass," "Radio Ga Ga/Telephone," "Don't Let Go (Love)," "If I Were A Boy," and "Cannonball." Little Mix has gone on to be a very successful girl group since their time on the show, and they're still making music today. Some of my favorite Little Mix songs include "Secret Love Song," "Black Magic," "Shout Out to My Ex," "Wings," "Salute," "Little Me," and "Love Me Like You." I think they'd be deserving winners of this rankdown, and they easily get a spot in my Top 3.

CHRIS

Little Mix are literal queens! Their journey on XFactor was super exciting to watch especially considering how they came into their own. But for me, my love for them is especially post-XFactor where they just keep slaying & they deserve way more recognition that they are getting. Overall, super pleased with their placement although surprise they didn't place in the Top 2 or even win the rankdown.

LILY

Honestly if you told me in the first week of that season that Little Mix were gonna make it past... Week 1, honestly. I wouldn't have believed you. But they stepped it up and evolved into the iconic group they are today! 

SOLARIS

The best group ever on the X Factor.  The judges on Season 8 of X Factor put the girls together.  I didn’t have any hope for them, as previous groups had been together in this style flame out early.  Not to mention girl groups as a whole did not get very far besides Hope (and the bottomed every like four times before being eliminated).  Little Mix (previous rhythmix), had a cool flavor to them.  Their performances were slightly inconsistent, but they always had a likability that helped carry them forward.  They became the front-runners for me, after their performance of E.T. on Halloween week.  My favorite Little Mix performances include:  E.T., Don’t Let Go, If I were a Boy, Silent Night and Cannonball.  I was elated to see the girl covering a Damien Rice song, and this one specifically because it was one of my favorites.  They hit the ground running after their season finished and blew up all over Europe.  They are one of the most successful girl groups of all time and have released five great albums.  Some of my favorite singles are: Love Me Like You, Black Magic, Secret Lover Song, Salute, Shout out to My Ex, and Reggaton Lento.  I think they stand a strong chance of winning the rankdown, but I am keeping them out of my Top 5 to pay respects to some other acts!

JC

Little Mix! Happy you made your way into the Top 20! I actually really enjoy their post X Factor music and I rooted for them somewhat during their season so I was always a fan. I would not say I want them to win though, especially after hearing the drama between them and Misha B. I am not sure if all of these girls are the nicest. Anyways, you are probably one of the best girl groups to come out of X Factor UK although obviously there are many boy groups that I prefer. Anyways, I am proud of you girls for becoming the first group to win X Factor, and even more impressively, a girl group.

ZOEY

giphy.gif

ICONIC QUEENS

GivingFoolhardyBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

HILARIOUS

PrestigiousDecentKawala-size_restricted.gif

SUCCESSFUL

tumblr_pn8vabOBtq1v5mbywo1_540.gifv

HONEST

tumblr_pxqv3vgRju1y2ofm6o4_500.gifv

PERFORMERS

original.gif

Who would've thought that years ago when these four girls auditioned together that they'd be one of the biggest girl groups not only the show has had but the world has right now. They started off named Rhythmix and it was a decent name. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it really had anything to do with them either. They were paired together at bootcamp and pretty much thrown together and asked to compete as a four piece girl group. I was obviously living because I love the girl groups on this show and I'm all about girl power but I didn't expect what happened next. They got through to the live shows based on Tulisa and Jessie J both seeing something honest and real with them all as a group. Four girls wanting the same dream who weren't covered up or masked by appearance or productions. Their first performance of the live shows wasn't the best but I don't think anyone expected any act to be amazing right out of the gate. Especially a group put together right before judge's houses. They performed "Superbass" by Nicki Minaj and Tulisa picked them to advance further in to the competition.

These girls grew week after week. This is the reason I think Tulisa has been the greatest mentor the show has ever had. To take four girls in to a competition like this and see the growth that they had was amazing. She genuinely believed in them and you could tell with their chemistry and their performances. They were able to pick the perfect song choices to capture a certain audience and have them all seen as relatable. Something I think the girl groups on X Factor severely lack in. Their performances of "E.T", "Don't Let Go (Love)", "Beautiful", "If I Ain't Got You"/"Empire State of Mind" (with Tulisa) and "Cannonball" are my favourite performances of the season. I don't even think another contestant gets a look in when it comes to them.

Since winning The X Factor, Little Mix have been on FIRE! They've had six sell out tours, numerous number one singles, own documentaries (if you haven't seen Jesy's documentary Odd One Out then I suggest you watch it!

It's absolutely heartbreaking but so real and honest throughout) and now have their own talent show on the BBC. These girls are living their dreams and I'm so happy to see it considering I've been a fan from day one.

Keep slaying! :wub:

NICO

Surprise? Probably one of the craziest things I have done in a rankdown to keep my faves hidden, but it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t do something that makes people question my sanity. I’m a huge fan of them, but clearly taking them out (thx Chris for that comeback) was what it took for people to stop messing with Ella, so mission accomplished since both acts are here. If it wasn’t for the cap I would rank them 4th, they are easily my fave act from season 8 and one of the few I still follow post-show regularly. Their run was terrific, they improved leaps and bounds throughout it (as I said with Fleur, complain all you want about manufactured moments, if the contestant rises to the challenge and having all that production, I’m here for it). Things like Don’t Let Go and E.T. I still watch from time to time. But what really gets them a lot of love from me is their post-show music. They are (were) one of the few acts that managed to rise above the dirt cheap production Syco throws to their acts, so it’s on them having albums as good as Get Weird and Glory Days are. Even DNA and Salute are extremely solid and have awesome songs (yes I don’t give a freak abt LM5, so I will pretend it never happened). At least now they are out of Syco’s hands so all the best for their 6th album!

ELLIOTT

Legends. Icons. Queens. A girl group actually worthy of the praise IDF leaps on them. All of the adjectives can be used to describe Little Mix, a group I love tremendously and would put in my personal Top 5 of X Factor alumni. Why the low ranking, you ask? Well, Zoey's responsible for Matt Cardle and Saara Aalto's eliminations so I'm being petty. 🙂 Their highlight on X Factor is obviously Don't Let Go, and their original music post-win has slayed. The fact that people think Flop Harmony is comparable to them is honestly insulting.

Edited by *Chris