American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 minute ago, sublymonal said:

lol only you would think this was a bad list of noms. This was extremely tame compared to some of the shenanigans this round.

Shows the lack of taste then. Worst noms of the cycle.

• Like 1

MADISON VANDEBURG

WatchfulAfraidAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

If I am completely honest, either her or Ryan could have left but since her biggest fan stated that she can leave since she won her season, I am having the honor to cut her. I truly do not understand how she made it this far in this rankdown, but it shouldn't be surprising as she overstayed her welcome on the 17th season of American Idol. On that season, she actually started as someone I liked, but that quickly changed over time as she kept choosing the most obvious songs for every possible them. And I never thought she really stood out, majority of the time. Anyway, some of her predictable song choices included "Domino" by Jessie J, "Fallin' " by Alicia Keys, "You and I" by Lady Gage, How Far I'll Go for Disney, The Show Must Go On by Queen, Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin, I Surrender by my queen - she did not do it justice, Your Song by Elton John - you are not Ellie Goulding or Lady Gaga, To Make You Feel My Love - you are not Adele, Shallow by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, and Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson which was a choice.  The majority of these performances were not terrible, per say, but they were not outstanding either - she was middle of the pack, week after week, in my opinion. I guess the best way to describe her is that she's a great vocalist but she doesn't have anything that set her apart - all of her performances could have been her singing those songs at a Karaoke Bar. Anyway, she's now out of this rankdown & Ryan Starr lives to see another day since we seem to be wanting a random Top 20. 

SAVING: RYAN STARR

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NGM said:

I agree. I remember how you nominated her during this rou..- oh

Because she isn’t one of my least favourites like the likes of the others I nominated. She just skates by.

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You could’ve cut her. 😘

But she isn’t one of my least favourites left. I’d probably have her in the top twenty at this point based on who is left.

• Like 1

I think the rankers are actually doing a decent job. 10/17 of my top season favorites are still in and I think like 5 of the remaining 7 are seasons where I didn't really care about anyone or didn't watch :giggle:

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

#davidhernandezwasrobbedagain