American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

GABBY BARRETT

Gabby Barrett, or the country JAX as I refer to her, is a contestant from the 16th season of American Idol. Despite being born in Pittsburgh, growing up in Pittsburgh, and having her entire family be from Pittsburgh, she somehow developed a fake-ass country twang more obnoxious than Kellie Pickler. Astonishing, really. She was an early favourite of the judges' for... whatever reason, and because Katy/Lionel/Luke can't give a single ounce of constructive advice to save their lives, made Gabby Barrett out to be the next Carrie Underwood. I'm not even a huge Carrie fan, but sis... no. On Idol, her performances were largely mediocre with the exception of How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore and I Have Nothing, which were my favourites of her. Funny... the pop singer turned country's best performances were on R&B songs and not the country songs she did. How woulda thunk. In the finale, she made some TatiannaChoices.gif with her chosen reprise of Little Red Wagon (which she pronounced Wittle Wed Wagon for some reason) and then a new performance of Don't Stop Believin'. Despite the show's best attempts at course correction by having Steve Perry himself claim it to be a great performance, she ruined any shot she had at getting votes and placed third. Even though she really shouldn't have made the Top 10 to begin with, but at least the voters finally put us out of our misery.

Post-show, she had some success with her single owing to its non-stop airplay on Radio Disney, but is mostly in the headlines because she married Cade and he's revealing himself to be problematic and annoying as f*ck. DIVORCE HIS ASS, GIRL.

SAVE: Chris Richardson

• Like 1

jGqTBWe.jpg
Nikki McKibbin

Nikki is probably in my top two of her season but this cut is completely petty since Elliott just cut Gabby. :giggle:

I don’t think Nikki was as bad as the judges made out during season one. She had a fair few performances that I loved which included “Heartbreaker”, “Hard Hearted Hannah”, “Mary Jane” and “Black Velvet”. I think she was one of the more authentic people on the season and didn’t really put on an act to succeed in the genre of music she wanted to progress towards. I heard somewhere that she used to drink secretly in the bathroom during rehearsals and during the live shows? Girl did well to hide that and it’s a shame she turned to such things to cope with stresses in her life. I believe she’s overcome her demons nowadays. 

Saving Vonzell

Scotty McCreery

top-5-scotty-mccreery-songs.jpg?w=980&q=75

Shocker, I'm cutting a country artist. Obviously Scotty's very good at doing what he does. He's found moderate success in his lane and won the show very easily. Just not my thing at all. He performed a bunch of very boring country songs I have never heard before. He has an extremely low voice and sings out of the side of his mouth. "Gone" is his only performance I remember and I did enjoy it! That was a fun song and he showed off a different side of himself (slightly). I don't remember anything else he performed though. He also has a pretty big following here still as he's the only contestant with his own subforum on New!IDF. Sorry to those fans that hang out there, if they find this, but they probably won't lol. And I would've liked to see him have left over 100 spots ago so they should probably be happy he's even top 100! Babylockemdoors..........

Save Diana DeGarmo...? Good noms, didn't really care all that much who I saved out of the remaining

Megan Joy

Megan Joy - The Hollywood Gossip

Sorry whoever is a fan, shes my least favorite of those left.  Megans most memorable moment when she was on Season 8 was when she Caw Caw'd at the end of Rockin Robin.  Iconic.  I started out really enjoying Megan, she had a unique audition and then she sang Put Your Records On in the semifinals.  I used to love that song, she was easy for me to like.  Then she sang Black Horse and the Cherry Tree when she was drafted for the wildcard, which I thought was okay, nothing amazing but I applaud her song choices.  Then there was the Caw Caw, and it was <3.  Everything after that was pretty boring though.  It came as no surprised she finished 9th place, but I do still like her song choices for the most part.

Save: Katherine McPhee

Josh Gracin

310?cb=20130504032912

Joshua Gracin or Josh Gracin whichever you prefer is best known as the military guy on American Idol Season 2. I admire anyone who fights for this country that was admirable of him. I remember not having  any strong feelings towards him. I mean I didn't like country at the time so he was just there for me. He outlasted Kimberly Caldwell which was annoying and then he outlasted Trenyce which was even more annoying. He thankfully went home in 4th place and left us with the right Top 3. I don't remember any of his performance tbh. I remember he had a hit country single "Brass Bed" which I really loved. He went on to have success on country radio. He had some drama previously where people were worried about his well being but I think he's better now. This is a more than good spot for Josh.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zoey said:

And you guys moaned about my list of nominees. 🤣

NGM even outdid me.

lol only you would think this was a bad list of noms. This was extremely tame compared to some of the shenanigans this round.