American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

Michael Lynche

I don't like either for their Idol run (Lauren has a bit of upside for some of her post-show music), but I hated season 9 enough to stop watching the show, so duh I'm gonna cut anyone from that season if they are an option (sorry to Crystal, even tho she was talented I never really cared, but that's not even an issue here since she got cut already). Anyway, onto Michael Lynche, he was originally eliminated at 9th, and got the judges save (he was the second contestant saved after Matt Giraud the previous season) and like Matt, he was kinda meh so why really save him? I guess they just had to use it, but honestly I kinda wish they had done what they did on season 12 more often, the only person that screamed for a save was Pia and well, y'all saw what happened. He was passable as an R&B/sould guy, but we have seen way better, both before (George Huff pre-losing his voice) and after (Joshua Ledet). So he can gtfo.

Save: Lauren

CHIKEZIE 
eze_0220.jpg

Chikezie was a contestant on American Idol 7 - one of my all time favourite season & one of the most talented season, in my opinion. On where many talented singers were able to differentiate themselves from the other contestants, Chikezie failed to make an impression on the audience. Throughout his time on the show, he was either in the middle of the pack or near the bottom of the pack, in my opinion.  He was able to make it all the way to the Top 10 where he made the tour which is an accomplishment. And some of my favourite performances of his were "I Believe To My Soul" and "She's A Woman". Anyway, congrats to him for sneaking through all these rounds and making the Top 90. 

SAVING: JESSICA SIERRA

Burnell Taylor

310?cb=20130410023948

Another Season 12 getting cut by me?  Shocked!  He happens to be the third in a row.  This time I actually need to do a new write up.  Burnell was the 7th place finisher on the 12th season, and he was the second last guy standing.  I didn't mind Burnell, but he was fodder in my eyes as the women mostly killed the season.  He was the best male singer of the group though.  He sang Fantasia's I'm Here better then she did (mostly because I don't know her version of it).  He also had a great duet with Candice the week he left.  Otherwise he didn't have many other stand out performances.  He did Stevie Wonder and John Legend on the show.  Congrats in finishing Top 3 this season and making the Top 100 of the rankdown, solid.

Save: Alexis Grace

Michael Sarver

450?cb=20090426201725

Did we all collectively forget about Michael Sarver? How on earth did he make the top 100 while people like Elliott Yamin are out? Well anyways I'm glad I can end this madness now I guess. Michael is just the epitome of straight white male privilege. He's a good ol country boy who has a baby at home and whatever so apparently people decided he should be on the tour over Alexis Grace. Choices. His first performance was "I Don't Wanna Be" pretty much one of the most basic and easiest songs to sing ever. He performed it decently, but was certainly not in the top three of the night. But like I said, America was desperate for a basic ass country guy to stick around. He hit a low with "Ain't Goin' Down (Till the Sun Comes Up)" which was one of the worst performances of the season. He couldn't even get the words right! But apparently Alexis' meh performance made her the boot and Michael Sarver got to tour. Luckily, America finally put us out of our misery when they sent him home the next week.......but yeah. Idk how he lasted this long both in this game and on the show.

Save Nadia Turner

Naima Adedapo

Naimaidol.jpg

She is one of those interesting contestants that we have almost every season, that sound really cool and fun on paper, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired most of the time. Naima started pretty well on season 10, with good performances in the semifinals and the wildcard. Then all went to hell since the show relies a lot on live singing, and her skills aren’t really there lbr, she is a performer and an entertainer above a vocalist. So we got meh to bad performances from her till she was eliminated during the F11 redux along with Thia. Still, happy that the show sometimes takes chances like this, hopefully they would support it a little better (a broader catalogue of song choices like I have been begging since forever) but yeah, time for her to go.

Save: Felicia Barton

51 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Michael Sarver

450?cb=20090426201725

Did we all collectively forget about Michael Sarver? How on earth did he make the top 100 while people like Elliott Yamin are out? Well anyways I'm glad I can end this madness now I guess. Michael is just the epitome of straight white male privilege. He's a good ol country boy who has a baby at home and whatever so apparently people decided he should be on the tour over Alexis Grace. Choices. His first performance was "I Don't Wanna Be" pretty much one of the most basic and easiest songs to sing ever. He performed it decently, but was certainly not in the top three of the night. But like I said, America was desperate for a basic ass country guy to stick around. He hit a low with "Ain't Goin' Down (Till the Sun Comes Up)" which was one of the worst performances of the season. He couldn't even get the words right! But apparently Alexis' meh performance made her the boot and Michael Sarver got to tour. Luckily, America finally put us out of our misery when they sent him home the next week.......but yeah. Idk how he lasted this long both in this game and on the show.

Save Nadia Turner

He had immunity. Elliott gave him immunity because he’s a friend of ours. 😛

ANWAR ROBINSON

Anwar Robinson was a contestant from the fourth season of American Idol who placed seventh. Moon River, What's Going On and What a Wonderful World were his three semi-finals performances, and I thought all of them were really good. In the finals, he started with A House is Not a Home, which wasn't quite as good as what he'd done up to that point, but was still a solid performance, in my opinion. After that, unfortunately, he became the pre-cursor to Brooke White/Siobhan Magnus, and was bad for everything he did afterward. Ain't Nobody was meh, but then he did I Believe I Can Fly and

Oh No What GIF by Identity

He was in the bottom three alongside Jessica Sierra and Nadia Turner, so I don't think it's a shock to say I was wanting him gone of those three even if Sc*tt Sav*l was right there. He turned in two more middling performances after that, before his final performance of September. He was eliminated after that. Overall, Anwar's kind of a middle-of-the-road contestant to me. I was bummed to see performances tank so quickly in the finals, but considering the sh*t we were getting from Constantine, Scott, Anthony and Carrie that season, I would've at least had him, Nikko, Nadia, Jessica and Mikalah last longer.

Nikko-Smith-gets-the-boot-from-American-
Nikko Smith

I don’t remember anything about Nikko apart from he was on season four and he sang “Part Time Lover”. I can’t remember what he sang during the semi finals and all the finalists performed three times before the finals. :whut: Let me google quickly.

Nikko was originally eliminated during the top sixteen but was brought back due to another contestant withdrawing from the competition. He didn’t do too badly considering he failed to advance the first time and made it further than Jessica Sierra (how?), Mikalah and Lindsey. Mind blowing really. He ended up going home in ninth place and I don’t know what he’s doing nowadays.

Saving Queen Mikalah since she‘s also a gay man in a woman’s body.. just like me. 🏳️‍🌈

Edited by Zoey