American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Spill me the tea. (!) 

I posted the thread from twitter in the BB22 thread. Essentially Dr. Will wouldn't do TAR with Boogie so he threatened Will and his kids' lives and sent Will pictures of him holding a gun to pictures of his kids.

Janelle Arthur

Janelle-Arthur.jpg?w=980&q=75

I was just about to go out for a run, but I cannot leave Haley waiting of course. Janelle was on AI12, a boring season. Honestly who cares outside of Candice, Kree, and the trainwreck stylings of Lazaro? Janelle had that amazing performance of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" but I don't remember anything else she did. She was the token country singer of the season and everyone knows how I feel about country singers. I should've cut Lauren Alaina who's a bigger threat, but I don't feel like doing the writeup for her because she's actually relevant, and I will not betray Gleb!Daddy like that. Janelle was the first girl eliminated from S12 (in 5th place lol) and I'm sure all fans forgot about her after that point. Pretty girl, but bland outside of one great performance.

Save Haley

Edited by Alex95

On 5/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, Solaris said:

Amber Holcomb

amber-holcomb-picture.jpg

Amber should be #128 not 126 because I like her least, and I am doing her write up first. 😘   I don't like Amber.  When season 12 aired and women were ruling the season, Amber is the one I didn't connect with.  She had some good performances (like What about Love, My Funny Valentine and Lately), but she had a lot of performances that I felt forced.  Shes got talent, just most of her choices and the way she stylized her vocals didn't do it for me.  Not sorry for sending her out.  She placed 4th, which I suppose was fair for the season, but I would have Janelle in that Top 4.

Look I get to reuse another write up.  

Save: Madison

On 6/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, sublymonal said:

American Idol Rankdown 2.0

Round 8 - The Top 100

American-Idol-results-Top-10.png

We've now reached the Top 100. With only a few more rounds left until we have our group of finalists,

it's time to make another big cut, so we're going back our original format - no twists, no catches.

Each ranker will nominate 12 contestants and the other 6 rankers will cut and save one on a first come/first serve basis.

As usual, anyone saved in the previous list of nominations will be immune for the next ranker's nominations.

After this round, we'll be left with just 58 contestants vying for the winner's title.

This round could decide who wins some seasons, so choose your nominees wisely.

The nomination order this round is as follows:

bZShd64.png?1

@*Chris @Zoey @Elliott @NGM @1234567890 @Alex95 @Solaris

You're last Alex!

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

TATIANA DEL TORO

latest?cb=20200131120701

Sorry to her fans but I am cutting her, because she does not deserve to place this high. Was she iconic? Absolutely. But is that enough to make the Top 90? Hell to the no. Anyway, Tatiana Del Toro was on Season 8. She auditioned with an Aretha Franklin song and made it to Hollywood. Once in Hollywood, she found herself in the 4th holding room which meant that she advanced to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, she sang "Saving All My Love for You" but she did not advanced. However, she did advanced to the wildcard where she gave us a reprise of "Saving All My  Love For You" - the reprise was not good enough to advance through the finale. She was clearly a novelty act - she may have been iconic to some, but she lowkey got on my nerves during that season. Anyway, 2 performances of the same song is not good enough to make you a top tier contestant - I don't have enough love saved for her. 

SAVING: MEGAN JOY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

you could have not cut the best semifinalist and cut Katelyn instead.

lol. tatiana being the best semi-finalist? and me cutting someone i love instead of her?

VdKEe00.gif

katelyn-epperly-photo.jpg

Katelyn Epperly

How did she make it this far? Her top sixteen performance was atrocious and her first was mediocre. She obviously slipped by because we decided to take out bigger names. 

Katelyn was a contestant on season nine and made it to the last week of the semi finals. Her first performance of “Oh! Darling” was mediocre. Her second was pretty good and she did deserve to advance after that. Her third performance of “I Feel the Earth Move” was horrific. It was like watching a kid at a high school talent show with their keyboard. The song was terrible and I can’t even blame the early years of idol for that. There were far better choices than that. She ended up going home after that anyway and rightly so. If we were averaging out her performances then she’d just be another forgotten contestant and that says a lot about how she made it this far.

Saving Vonzell.