Name a Worse Season Premiere than S18!

holinessss

7 minutes ago, kclarkson1323 said:

I actually even thought that was better. :haha:

I was mostly kidding, but:

1) I never liked the way AI handled auditions, to be fair, and

2) I only remembered two people from the premiere, and one of them I actually really loved.

Different strokes I guess. 😂

3 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I was mostly kidding, but:

1) I never liked the way AI handled auditions, to be fair, and

2) I only remembered two people from the premiere, and one of them I actually really loved.

Different strokes I guess. 😂

Nah that's fair I hate Idol auditions too after being spoiled with The Voice's BAs for so long and while I liked several people from the Idol premiere I can't even remember who they were off the top of my head. 🤣

13 minutes ago, kclarkson1323 said:

Nah that's fair I hate Idol auditions too after being spoiled with The Voice's BAs for so long and while I liked several people from the Idol premiere I can't even remember who they were off the top of my head. 🤣

The voices blinds are fantastic for sure but this episode was poor. I think Idol’s lives are 100x better though than the voice’s.

44 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What about seasons fourteen and fifteen?  Those were a couple of weak premieres themselves.

Don't know about that. S14 had Britton, Brynn, Kyla, Drew, and Justin as solid auditions. S15 premiere auditons were all solid to good other than Tyke.

That said, I was very disappointed with this season's premiere. I've only watched since S13 but this has to be by far the worst premiere. 

After watching the premiere it made me realize how stacked the Blinds taping I attended was. They actually did use quite a few auditions from that taping, but they didn't use any of the auditions that I would rank as the top 3 from the taping. Joanna, Todd, Tate, and Ashley were all auditions I saw live. It's clear to me that the producers main objective with the premiere was to establish Nick as the new coach on the show. They showed him coaching Tate, getting blocked by John, and getting a four chair turn on his team. I think they could have done that while showing at least one more contender in the competition, but what do I know? 

9 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Worst one I can recall for sure.

Other than Joanna, didn't see anything to get excited about.

It was a trash premiere to out-trash them all. 

Joanna was definitely the best of the night, but that's not saying much considering the bar was set so low. (I'm hoping to be surprised by someone in up-coming episodes.)

I haven’t watched it yet (or even seen any performance on YouTube) due to my college classes/events, working on song lyrics I write/catching up on my Voice 17 redo (sorry for the long wait but next episode will be up in that topic by 11:05/10:05 pm central ), but it’s nice to see IDF is still as cruel and cynical as usual. Looks like nothing’s changed 😁😂

6 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

I haven’t watched it yet (or even seen any performance on YouTube) due to my college classes/events, working on song lyrics I write/catching up on my Voice 17 redo (sorry for the long wait but next episode will be up in that topic by 11:05/10:05 pm central ), but it’s nice to see IDF is still as cruel and cynical as usual. Looks like nothing’s changed 😁😂

tbh...it's that bad

• Like 1

21 hours ago, echoap said:

Worst premiere I've watched for sure. 

To think I was just checking in to find out what I missed.  Hmmm... 😏

PS: I miss the old emoticons. The new ones are ugly af.

4 minutes ago, Naira said:

there are still many of the old ones, scroll down the smilies palette, and also we have gifs now

Puppy Wave Hi GIF by moodman

emoticonsidf.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, istersay said:

there are still many of the old ones, scroll down the smilies palette, and also we have gifs now

Puppy Wave Hi GIF by moodman

Thx for the tip. First time checking out the new board. I'll figure it out eventually. :P

4 hours ago, Naira said:

Glad to see you back 😁. Not thrilled about the season but hopefully it will be better than season 17.

The old emojis were gold but I always wanted to use these: "🤯 😱 🤔 💩" on this forum :haha:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, holinessss said:

tbh...it's that bad

Knowing that’s what typical IDF would say regardless of actual quality, and knowing that IDF’s interest in contestants is limited to indie guys, and basic young pop and basic country girls, I’ll take this comment with a grain of salt and find out on my own.