Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

TeamAudra

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

this is late, but I absolutely loved Unaware... more so than my snowflake's IS performance, and it was also by far my favorite performance from her this season! 

I agree, I thought she did PHENOMENAL! The runs, the piercing notes in her higher register. And it honestly felt like Joanna's best performance because she gave a final cry for that finale I feel. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I agree, I thought she did PHENOMENAL! The runs, the piercing notes in her higher register. And it honestly felt like Joanna's best performance because she gave a final cry for that finale I feel. 

If not for the team quota, she could have easily snatched the PV and went into the finale. I'm excited for her musical career outside the show, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Just an observation....Joanna is freaking tall. 

GaZOkWi.jpg

ok so I looked it up lol, and Mandi Castillo is 5' 3'', while Joanna is 5' 7'', so the height difference in combination with her taller heels make her seem super tall I think. also she's closer to the front I believe

Edited by ashwinner

8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

ok so I looked it up lol, and Mandi Castillo is 5' 3'', while Joanna is 5' 7'', so the height difference in combination with her taller heels make her seem super tall I think. also she's closer to the front I believe

Maybe, it's the camera angle of something, but this or something sure does seem askew.  Maybe, Mandi is slouching some.   Or maybe, it's all these factors & more... sure does look like a lot more than 4".  One hell of an optical illusion❗😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Her comment on that post :lmao:

"To everyone asking me how tall I am .. I’m only 5’8” mandi is just short as hell 💛

"Only 5' 8" 🤣  

Actually, this ⬇ is the funniest part & I only discovered it recently & was shocked, surprised to find it to be so unexpectedly low (short)

As of 2016, the average height for American women 20 years old and up is just under 5 foot 4 inches (about 63.7 inches) tall.

And when you are 5' 8", 5' 3" does look "short as hell". 😂

Edited by Drew1903
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Just an observation....Joanna is freaking tall. 

GaZOkWi.jpg

You can't really see how high their heels are but if Joanna is 5'8" ...Mandi can't be more than 4'6" or so. 

TBH, What I REALLY want to know about though is the disembodied foot on the far left.  😳

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spurrious said:

You can't really see how high their heels are but if Joanna is 5'8" ...Mandi can't be more than 4'6" or so. 

TBH, What I REALLY want to know about though is the disembodied foot on the far left.  😳

I know this is probably a joke but the person is just walking as you can see by their slanted leg

Joanna is on IG Live right now, mentioned that she had been planning to sing "Bring It On Home to Me" by Sam Cooke for the finale. Her original song would have been "Sister of Nostalgia," she worked with Blake and Shane McAnally. She said she's going to perform it during an upcoming live stream. She said that was the next single she's planning on releasing. Later she said she's releasing an original on June 19th.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Remember when I thought "O-o-h Child" or "People Get Ready" might be her T9 song?  Well they weren't but .....

O-o-h Child

#coachspurrious4S19

She sounds amazing here.  It's weird...we know she has a lot of power in her voive and every trick in the book, but she doesn't need them.  That tone speaks for itself.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Remember when I thought "O-o-h Child" or "People Get Ready" might be her T9 song?  Well they weren't but .....

O-o-h Child

She sounds great, but I don’t like the song any more now, than I did then. :P 

She obviously needed a home run song choice to get some momentum, but TPTB’s main objective was to limit Team Blake. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Sad 1

^^^

I like the song and I love her version.  Her takes are usually interesting....but she is an acquired taste. Doubt it would move the needle much on the show though.  There are songs in her artistic zone that would have gone over well but TPTB were having none of that. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

^^^

I like the song and I love her version.  Her takes are usually interesting....but she is an acquired taste. Doubt it wouldn't move the needle much on the show though.  There are songs in her artistic zone that would have gone over well but TPTB were having none of that. 

I think I’m just to the point where I’m bored with covers, and want originals. That has nothing to do with Joanna. I might even have to give up singing shows, still follow the people I’ve supported until now, and look for up and coming artists in other places. 

• Like 2

^^

Ya know....when Gracee was eliminated I didn't watch another episode last year.  Many of us have been "there" in some shape or form....some of us more than once.  This was a tragic season on a lot of levels.....but who knows.....maybe you'll find your Maelyn next season....just don't bank on it.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Spurrious said:

^^

Ya know....when Gracee was eliminated I didn't watch another episode last year.  Many of us have been "there" in some shape or form....some of us more than once.  This was a tragic season on a lot of levels.....but who knows.....maybe you'll find your Maelyn next season....just don't bank on it.  

Maybe another season we'll have another Maelyn... okay no we aren't lmao. I actually thought Joanna had the potential to clean this competition up, but then her song choices + coaches + TPTB bussed her hard and I'm just glad she strived and made the Top 9 at least. Her vocal and style is INSANE, can sing any genre 100% no problems.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 8:32 PM, TeamAudra said:

I think I’m just to the point where I’m bored with covers, and want originals. That has nothing to do with Joanna. I might even have to give up singing shows, still follow the people I’ve supported until now, and look for up and coming artists in other places. 

Two snowflakeless seasons + a jazzy non TCO snowflake comes at a price :haha:.

Unless TPTB wanna run another cheap "common man" season, we should expect a more interesting theme next time. 

• Haha 3

^^

Glad to see Joanna is hitting the ground running. 

Assuming that "Cool Side" is the title,  that adds some clarity to her live stream comments noted earlier.   Making "Sister of Nostalgia" the "next" planned release not the current planned release.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Based on “Best of Me” and the clips I heard of a recording session for “Good Side,” it seems she’s going the Norah Jones route. The new single will be out in 5 days. That’s really fast for a Voice contestant. 

• Like 1