idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
TeamAudra

Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

5 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Right.  I'm hoping she saved a really good song for tonight.  Toneisha is the one that worries me for Joanna.

TPTB have made her go 1st back to back...so, will it matter...because they seem to be signaling their intentions pretty well.  If she opens tonight....

36 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Right.  I'm hoping she saved a really good song for tonight.  Toneisha is the one that worries me for Joanna.

Toneisha probably gonna get "Radioactive" or some sh*tty song so I'm not worried about her. At all :haha:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spurrious said:

TPTB have made her go 1st back to back...so, will it matter...because they seem to be signaling their intentions pretty well.  If she opens tonight....

Tbh, no it prolly won't matter...but we all know she's capable of much more than she showed last night.  That's all I want to see and then let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Tbh, no it prolly won't matter...but we all know she's capable of much more than she showed last night.  That's all I want to see and then let the chips fall where they may.

Not to make excuses for her, but apparently, they started filming these Wednesday, which means they didn’t have much time to rehearse, after being given their songs. Some people can do the quick turnaround, some can’t. Sounds like the save songs were filmed around the same time.  

That makes sense TeamAudra.

I thought that both Allegra and Joanna sounded "hoarse"..like their voices were overused. which wouldn't have made sense given the setting. But if they were practicing for two songs for a week, and had to get up in the morning to record..I could see where it would sound like that. 

She was fantastic on "Unaware." She leaves with a high note..and singing more than anyone else who didn't make the finale (and tied with four of those that did..) 

Looking forward to her post Voice music. She reminds me of a jazzier ZZ Ward. 

We all knew it was a long shot.  All I wanted was for her to do her best and I feel like she did that.  Much better song tonight and she sounded great.

If she had to leave...I'm not mad at the way she left.

• Like 1

She did the best she could, tbh I gave her the Save vote. I'm so sad she didn't get that final spot....

now to post-career though!

Following Joanna as best I can.

7 hours ago, echoap said:

Toneisha probably gonna get "Radioactive" or some sh*tty song so I'm not worried about her. At all :haha:

Well, that didn't go as expected. Congrats to Toneisha on her 3rd/4th place though. TPTB did their best to ruin the season, and it worked. 😤

• Sad 2

I wanna thank Joanna for the journey.  It was a blast!   Looking forward to following her career.  ❤️

Of course,  thanks to all those who made this thread a totally awesome fan experience.  Ya'll are the best peeps!!!  💚🧡🤎💜💙❤️

• Like 4

Add me.

She had an amazing run on the show but as usual Team Minivan showed us how tasteless they really are. Robbed Queen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

She's still an angel.  🤎

• Like 3

Just now, Spurrious said:

She's still an angel.  🤎

Queen Joanna with them vocals but keeping it fresh! We stan!

2 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

She's still an angel.  🤎

Yesss get it Joanna!

• Like 1

Since "Robbed Queen" is an IDF hallmark I'ma forward my current robbed queen conspiracy theory. 

In the top 17 round, Team Blake had vote totals with Todd at 1, Tone at 2 or 3 and Joanna at 3 or 4.    Knowing the only way to be sure TB didn't sweep into the finals with all 3 was to find a way for Tone and Joanna to face off with each other in the IS.  That's where finals by team came in. Legit robbery. 

#JoannaWasRobbed. 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

I agree with that.  At the end of the day, you don't win an instant save against four people, while going first - unless you have fan support. 

I think Adam's last season made a lot of coaches wary. Blake just dominated too much. TPTB recognize this, and tried to avoid it. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I agree with that.  At the end of the day, you don't win an instant save against four people, while going first - unless you have fan support. 

I think Adam's last season made a lot of coaches wary. Blake just dominated too much. TPTB recognize this, and tried to avoid it. 

The S16 playoffs results night is still the most pissed I´ve seen Kelly lol.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The S16 playoffs results night is still the most pissed I´ve seen Kelly lol.

Much of it was self-inflicted. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Since "Robbed Queen" is an IDF hallmark I'ma forward my current robbed queen conspiracy theory. 

In the top 17 round, Team Blake had vote totals with Todd at 1, Tone at 2 or 3 and Joanna at 3 or 4.    Knowing the only way to be sure TB didn't sweep into the finals with all 3 was to find a way for Tone and Joanna to face off with each other in the IS.  That's where finals by team came in. Legit robbery. 

#JoannaWasRobbed. 

She was probably winning tbh. TPTB clearly didn't want another female win.

JK :haha:. Blake having three finalists isn't out of the question at all. 

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, echoap said:

She was probably winning tbh. TPTB clearly didn't want another female win.

JK :haha:. Blake having three finalists isn't out of the question at all. 

Clearly,  no one was beating Pastor Todd but with an AA Diva getting 2nd it seems likely Blake's fans were all in for his peeps.  Something totally unacceptable to TPTB had to be the likely outcome to make TPTB react the way they did.  Blake's team finishing with 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th is the most obvious unacceptable outcome that would promote a drastic last minute rule change.  TPTB probably thought they HAD to get new coach Nick safety in the finals if they ever want to get another new coach to challenge the minivan team Blake hegemony.   Just my thoughts on the matter. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Clearly,  no one was beating Pastor Todd but with an AA Diva getting 2nd it seems likely Blake's fans were all in for his peeps.  Something totally unacceptable to TPTB had to be the likely outcome to make TPTB react the way they did.  Blake's team finishing with 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th is the most obvious unacceptable outcome that would promote a drastic last minute rule change.  TPTB probably thought they HAD to get new coach Nick safety in the finals if they ever want to get another new coach to challenge the minivan team Blake hegemony.   Just my thoughts on the matter. 

At a minimum, it appears as though Kelly and John were DOA for getting a PV. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, mercfan3 said:

But would Blake have dominated season 16 if the audience hadn't turned on Adam due to Robegate? Because Adam was getting eliminated early no matter what, someone was going to fill those vacant spots.

4 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

But would Blake have dominated season 16 if the audience hadn't turned on Adam due to Robegate? Because Adam was getting eliminated early no matter what, someone was going to fill those vacant spots.

Perhaps, but even so, it wasn't someone....it was Blake who filled those spots.