Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Sorry Wally! :'( I didn't really know what to cut since I liked a lot of the shows that were nominated. I just basically coin flipped between that and Everyone loves Raymond.

Awww yeah I know you didn't know. :'( And not knowing what people's big faves are (whether you cut them or that get cut) is really hard to know and figure out. >. I got no bitter or hard feelings. :hug:

Courage the Cowardly Dog
IPB Image

That picture is me looking at the remaining nominees knowing half of them are going to get cut. It's also me reacting to Everybody Hates Chris getting cut on the first f*cking cycle while Gl** is immune. Courage the Cowardly Dog aired on Comedy Central for four seasons in the very early 2000's. I was a Nick kid so I never connected to Comedy Central shows. It's about a dog who lives with an elderly couple and frequently gets into misadventures. It relies on horror tropes and dark, surreal humor. Pretty interesting for a kids show, but also super intriguing. I feel like I would've liked it as a kid, but I'm not sure if I watched it now I'd feel the same way. Courage was abandoned as a puppy after a crazed veterinarian sent his parents to outer space (lol <3) and he was adopted by a friendly Scottish old lady and her grumpy husband. I'm honestly obsessed with everything I'm reading about the show, but I've actually seen/am a fan of most of the other remaining nominees. I mean I guess I could switch to like Franklin & Bash or something now, but I'm so uninspired to do a brand new writeup. Throughout each episode, the characters must face monsters or other horror movie villains. This show seems like a great way to introduce kids to the genre of horror and I am here for it. This show sounds like a great kids show, but I don't think in the long run it would stack up against the shows in this game.

Save American Vandal <3
IPB Image

About A Boy

IPB Image

Who? When I wiki'd it, it brought up a film. So let me try again. About A Boy stars Minnie Driver and two other who? actors. Their names are David Walton (who was the Gay DJ in burlesque, and the cheating husband in bad moms), so I guess he is less who? He plays Will Freeman a bachelor and songwriter. Minni Driver who I am sure is infinitely more interesting as a character plays Fiona Bowa, a vegan hippie divorcee. And her son is Marcus Bowa (played by Benjamin Stockham). Adrianne Palicki has a reoccuring role in the two seasons as Will's love interest. Adrianne was Bobbi Morse in Agents of Shield, so thats pretty cool. As for About a Boy, it was on for two seasons between 2014 and 2015, and aied on NBC. I might consider watching it now knowing a couple of the cast. Probably not though.

Save: Desperate Housewives

These nominations are an attack on Queen Laura Linney fyi :'( :'(

IPB Image

I am so sorry I literally went with shows I never saw :'(

Here you go merry Christmas

1.Ally McBeal

2.About A Boy

3. The Borgias

4. John Adams

5.Olive Kitteridge

6.Ozark

7.Skins (UK)

8. The Night Manager

9.The Royals

10. The Shield

11. The Sopranos

12. The Tudors

13. All of Us

14. American Housewife

15.American Vanda

16. Dharma & Greg

17. Dear White People

18. Everybody Hates Chris

19.Everybody Loves Raymond

20.Fleabag

21.Franklin & Bash

22. Young Sheldon

23. Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

24. Vis a Vis

25. What/If

26. Courage the Cowardly Dog

27. 90 day Fiance

28. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Literally no bone of them outside of 90 day Fiance, desperate housewives, everybody love Raymond and courage the dog which I just dlsliked :(

The Night Manager
IPB Image
Merry Christmas. :santa: This is my only chance to do a write-up, so I do hope this cut is okay. I was going to cut a different show, but I changed my mind after seeing a post about someone liking it. I really do try to avoid cuts of what I know others like, even if the same is not done for me. :'( Anyway, The Night Manager is a British crime drama based on a 1993 novel written by John le Carre. The show stars Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, David Harewood, Tom Hollander, and Elizabeth Debicki, and there are actually some names I know among this cast. The storyline follows an illegal arms trade and attempts by intelligence communities to stop it. This doesn't really sound too much like my type of show, but I see it did win some Emmys for directing and music, so that's nice. On the downside, the show has only aired six episodes so far, which aired back in 2016. It seems a second season in the works, but I wonder when it will air since it's been nearly four years since the first. I guess we'll see (or not, since I never heard of this before :haha: ). But hopefully it does come back for the fans. ^_^

Saving: Everybody Loves Raymond

IPB Image

Courage the Cowardly Dog was a big part of my childhood and it was legit scary in some episodes :haha: They do add comedic factors in it which makes it less scary for kids. A little sad it got cut but it's fine. <3

Franklin & Bash

IPB Image

I narrowed it down to the two I was least familiar with. I almost cut John Adams, but then I saw it had a lot of really good reviews won like 13 Emmys which is crazy for a miniseries , so I figured it deserved to stay in longer (and made me feel like I need to watch it!).

Anyways, I landed on cutting Franklin & Bash, a comedy-drama that aired on TNT from 2011-2014 for 4 seasons. The show started Mark-Paul Gosselaar (of Zach Morris fame) and Breckin Meyer (who always reminds me of Clueless and Rat Race :haha: ) as best buds and lawyers. Their methods are unconventional, and they catch the eye of the head of a major law firm, Infield & Daniels, after beating one of their own. One of the founders of that firm, Stanton Infield (played by Malcolm McDowell), decides to bring them on board to shake things up at the firm. According to reviews, the show doesn’t go too heavy into the legal aspects, and is more of a light buddy-comedy type show, with at times ridiculous cases that serve to play to their crazy antics in the courtroom. It was cancelled after 4 seasons due to dwindling ratings.

Overall it sounds like a fun light watch, and I will probably wind up checking this one out too :haha: but I just enjoyed several of the other shows more.

Saving: Ozark :thumbs:

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~