The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

3 minutes ago, monkshood said:

True, but Twitter is just a high school cafeteria food fight. No mind-changing there, either. Just a lot of people yelling at each other.

I’m actually naive enough to believe some people can be persuaded. It doesn’t take many to make a difference on election night. Especially on this covid stuff. There are lots of Democrats who don’t like the tyranny any more than we do. 

8 hours ago, monkshood said:

I've always been suspicious of last year's COVID death count, particularly with the low flu/pneumonia numbers that went with it.

That said, I wonder how many anxiety-induced illnesses are occurring because of the lockdowns, etc.

There are already reports out there about the increase in suicides especially among young people. Some of the increase in death could be related to suicide or heart disease brought on by anxiety. But I don't believe that's what account for the 40% increase in deaths vs pre-pandemic levels. Dr. Malone, in an interview, pointed out that the increase on death rate is much higher among the employees vs the general population. And the employed have much higher percentage who are vaccinated vs the general population due to the mandates. Indiana has 55% of its population that received at least one dose of the vaccine.

Here's Dr. Malone discussing this topic on Steve Bannon's show:

https://rumble.com/vrv0dh-deaths-of-those-jabbed-.vs.-not-jabbed.html

It's a 5 minute video but the first 1:30 minutes is the CEO of OneAmerica (Indiana insurance company on the article I posted) talking about the highest death rate they've seen among the insured (group life insurance from their employers). Bannon and Malone's discussion starts around 1:31 or so. 

In time, I think we'll know what caused the huge increase in number of deaths in 2021 vs the previous years. Especially if it disproportionately impacts certain segments of the population.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, season1 said:

There are already reports out there about the increase in suicides especially among young people. Some of the increase in death could be related to suicide or heart disease brought on by anxiety. But I don't believe that's what account for the 40% increase in deaths vs pre-pandemic levels. Dr. Malone, in an interview, pointed out that the increase on death rate is much higher among the employees vs the general population. And the employed have much higher percentage who are vaccinated vs the general population due to the mandates. Indiana has 55% of its population that received at least one dose of the vaccine.

Here's Dr. Malone discussing this topic on Steve Bannon's show:

https://rumble.com/vrv0dh-deaths-of-those-jabbed-.vs.-not-jabbed.html

It's a 5 minute video but the first 1:30 minutes is the CEO of OneAmerica (Indiana insurance company on the article I posted) talking about the highest death rate they've seen among the insured (group life insurance from their employers). Bannon and Malone's discussion starts around 1:31 or so. 

In time, I think we'll know what caused the huge increase in number of deaths in 2021 vs the previous years. Especially if it disproportionately impacts certain segments of the population.

Some of it is probably untreated disease. Lots of people were afraid to go to the doctor, and in many areas elective surgeries were halted. Some of those surgeries may not have been emergencies, but were still needed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This is amazing. I’d like to see breakdowns like this of all 50 states. 

I think part of the "redder" trend in FL is the influx of moderate to right-leaning NYers and other blue state movers. I don't know if this trend is reflected in other Southeastern States. NC and GA seem to have more POC movers from northern states and they tend to bring their blue state voting tendencies with them. I hope I'm wrong but I expect both these states to remain purple at best in the next election cycles. 

Edited by season1

23 minutes ago, season1 said:

I think part of the "redder" trend in FL is the influx of moderate to right-leaning NYers and other blue state movers. I don't know if this trend is reflected in other Southeastern States. NC and GA seem to have more POC movers from northern states and they tend to bring their blue state voting tendencies with them. I hope I'm wrong but I expect both these states to remain purple at best in the next election cycles. 

That’s probably true, but the Dems are also down 52K, so there are likely a few different factors. I think a lot of those are Cuban-Americans. Look at Miami-Dade county numbers in the 2nd tweet. 

I hope you’re wrong about those other states. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

https://www.unitedvanlines.com/newsroom/movers-study-2021

United Van Lines 45thAnnual National Movers Study Reveals The Top States People Moved To and From

LVktZKw.png

Map Legends:

Dark blue = High inbound

Gray = Balance

Dark yellow = High Outbound

bApYbfg.pngl5HGfz7.png

More findings:

The annual study, which tracks the company’s exclusive data for customers’ state-to-state migration patterns, determined Vermont as the state with the highest percentage of inbound migration (74%) with United Van Lines. Topping the list of outbound locations was New Jersey (71%), which has held the spot for the past four years.

South Dakota (69%), South Carolina (63%), West Virginia (63%) and Florida (62%) were also revealed as the top inbound states for 2021. Meanwhile, states like Illinois (67%), New York (63%), Connecticut (60%) and California (59%), which have regularly appeared on the top outbound list in recent years, again ranked among states with the largest exoduses.

What’s more, amid the pandemic, many Gen Xers are retiring (often at a younger age than past generations), joining the Baby Boomer generation. While many are retiring to states like Florida, United Van Lines’ data reveals they’re not necessarily heading to heavily populated cities like Orlando and Miami — they’re venturing to less dense places like Punta Gorda (81% inbound), Sarasota (79% inbound) and Fort Myers-Cape Coral (77% inbound). Similarly, in Oregon, cities including Medford-Ashland (83%) and Eugene-Springfield (79%) saw high inbound migration in 2021.

Edited by season1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:41 PM, season1 said:

I'm not really knowledgeable with the voting trends in the states that have been mentioned in this thread, but I did take a quick skim on last three or so presidential elections. Georgia did seem to move purple in the last few election cycles. From 2012 to 2016, Georgia became a bit "Bluer" despite voting for the GOP candidate back-to-back. Trump won GA by only five points apparently in 2016. Compare that to WI, MI, PA, OH, IA and even MN. North Carolina on the other hand has always been close between the Dems and the GOP in the last few elections, however. I also hope that I am wrong in this, but I do expect Georgia to continuously lean bluer in the future cycles. Still wary about NC though.

If November 2nd, 2021 is a sign, then the Dems should be worried. I can't explain how New Jersey's gubernatorial race was that tight however.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

I'm not really knowledgeable with the voting trends in the states that have been mentioned in this thread, but I did take a quick skim on last three or so presidential elections. Georgia did seem to move purple in the last few election cycles. From 2012 to 2016, Georgia became a bit "Bluer" despite voting for the GOP candidate back-to-back. Trump won GA by only five points apparently in 2016. Compare that to WI, MI, PA, OH, IA and even MN. North Carolina on the other hand has always been close between the Dems and the GOP in the last few elections, however. I also hope that I am wrong in this, but I do expect Georgia to continuously lean bluer in the future cycles. Still wary about NC though.

If November 2nd, 2021 is a sign, then the Dems should be worried. I can't explain how New Jersey's gubernatorial race was that tight however.

Some Democrat voters (moderates and independents who lean Dem) are receptive to new ideas. They just need to be given a reason to vote against their tendencies. That shouldn’t be difficult right now. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Some Democrat voters (moderates and independents who lean Dem) are receptive to new ideas. They just need to be given a reason to vote against their tendencies. That should be difficult right now. 

True. But what do you mean by it should be "difficult" now?

Edited by Gmm99

1 hour ago, season1 said:

Desantis vs Cruz: One of them has positioned himself better for the future and the other one proves why he has no chance for higher office.

“….some of them will end up vacationing in Florida as well” :haha:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Once again, DeSantis is on point.

He knows something like 35-40% of his state wouldn’t vote for him (or any other Republican) under any circumstances, so he doesn’t waste any energy trying to make friends with  them, like so many House and Senate Republicans do. The 15-20% who are swing voters mostly care about the things he mentioned…jobs, gas prices, etc. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He knows something like 35-40% of his state wouldn’t vote for him (or any other Republican) under any circumstances, so he doesn’t waste any energy trying to make friends with  them, like so many House and Senate Republicans do. The 15-20% who are swing voters mostly care about the things he mentioned…jobs, gas prices, etc. 

When midterms are around the corner...better to maintain your base and try to win independents at this point.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

Thought I'd tell a semi related to politics story. Apparently yesterday Biden was supposed to fly into KY/TN area to visit the area devastated by tornadoes. He cancelled due to a winter storm. I actually flew out of Nashville yesterday back home to FL. I was lucky as mine was one of only a handful of flights to take off. But once we took off no problems. Guess he didnt care all that much then if us lowly common folk could fly out of the region yesterday

Oh and there were inbound flights as well

Edited by sneaky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Thought I'd tell a semi related to politics story. Apparently yesterday Biden was supposed to fly into KY/TN area to visit the area devastated by tornadoes. He cancelled due to a winter storm. I actually flew out of Nashville yesterday back home to FL. I was lucky as mine was one of only a handful of flights to take off. But once we took off no problems. Guess he didnt care all that much then if us lowly common folk could fly out of the region yesterday

Oh and there were inbound flights as well

Perhaps the potential delays from the storm would have interfered with his nap time. 

Elected Republicans fall for this all the time, as do ordinary citizens, who are easily persuaded by propaganda, and don’t take the time to educate themselves. 

This thread is long, but he is spot on. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Biden touts low unemployment rate after US adds fewer jobs in December than expected - CNNPolitics 

Fewer jobs than expected...but let's just forget that along with, the record inflation, the COVID mandates and crime. 

And apparently he has created more jobs than any other President in the first year of office...yet very low approval ratings going into midterms. 

• Like 1